Moore moving closer to a move away

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:44 am

Kris Temple a journalist in Bournemouth is reporting that Moore remains a top target and the 2 clubs are getting closer on valuations of the player.

if i am honest i would rather him go for a decent fee instead of another city player walk away for free next year. This season he hasn't been at his best, been injured alot more than last season. I just hope we dont panic sign a striker that won't make much of an impact if we do replace him
BluebirdsTilIDie

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Moore moving closer to a move away

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:54 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Kris Temple a journalist in Bournemouth is reporting that Moore remains a top target and the 2 clubs are getting closer on valuations of the player.

if i am honest i would rather him go for a decent fee instead of another city player walk away for free next year. This season he hasn't been at his best, been injured alot more than last season. I just hope we dont panic sign a striker that won't make much of an impact if we do replace him

If his head has been turned then maybe, but it depends on fee involved and whether we invest in a suitable replacement imo.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:58 am

£5m cash up front he’s gone

I very much doubt any of that gets reinvested bar maybe loans and if there is money for loans we surely have to be looking at wingers mainly with Watters getting a run up top

Wingers look far more important right now if we want to move away from a Back 5 than any other position
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:14 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:£5m cash up front he’s gone

I very much doubt any of that gets reinvested bar maybe loans and if there is money for loans we surely have to be looking at wingers mainly with Watters getting a run up top

Wingers look far more important right now if we want to move away from a Back 5 than any other position

I agree that a wide pace merchant (or 2) is needed however we’d also need to replace Moore imo if he goes.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby fred keenor » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:12 pm

talksport now reporting deal is very close

My Opinion is lets look at the fee.

And how much is invested.
fred keenor

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:12 pm

fred keenor wrote:talksport now reporting deal is very close

My Opinion is lets look at the fee.

And how much is invested.

Agree
bluebirdoct1962

Postby CantonStandBob » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:04 pm

I am not one to slate players when they are sold but Moore has clearly acted like a spoilt kid since he didn't get a cut price move in the summer and for that all of his good work last season is undone and for me he is remembered as a tosser.
If he had got stuck in and tried this season and earned the move then fair enough but he has basically stropped his way out of the club and now we are screwed unless we get another striker in with less than a week to go and money to spend. Lovely way to treat fans who probably account for 40-50% of his international team.
He could and should have been remembered as a great player for us.
CantonStandBob

Postby tauntonbluebird » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:07 pm

Just been told by Bournemouth supporting mate rumour is deal is nearly done for 3 million. As she said only rumours at min .
tauntonbluebird

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:08 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:I am not one to slate players when they are sold but Moore has clearly acted like a spoilt kid since he didn't get a cut price move in the summer and for that all of his good work last season is undone and for me he is remembered as a tosser.
If he had got stuck in and tried this season and earned the move then fair enough but he has basically stropped his way out of the club and now we are screwed unless we get another striker in with less than a week to go and money to spend. Lovely way to treat fans who probably account for 40-50% of his international team.

Totally agree ,been moaning all season ,his head was turned and he aint been the same player since .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:I am not one to slate players when they are sold but Moore has clearly acted like a spoilt kid since he didn't get a cut price move in the summer and for that all of his good work last season is undone and for me he is remembered as a tosser.

Totally agree ,been moaning all season ,his head was turned and he aint been the same player since .

I know for a fact that he has wanted out of our club for quite some time.
That explains his lack of effort and form also.

Sod him but the 10 million valuations on here are way, way off the mark.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:35 pm

Sod him, let him go maybe Watters will come good for us
1980s Bluebird

Postby CantonStandBob » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:41 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I know for a fact that he has wanted out of our club for quite some time.
That explains his lack of effort and form also.

Sod him but the 10 million valuations on here are way, way off the mark.

Agreed, maybe £10m last summer when his valuation would have been at its peak but I would say £5-6m would be fair business. To us he is worth more obviously (when he actually wants to play) but that doesn't mean he is worth more to anyone else.
CantonStandBob

Postby Lengee » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:58 pm

Moore has played pretty well for City for his time here. He has almost always given it a good go, even when Mc Carthy was playing ultra defensive. Its not his fault that the wingers and pace in the team were sold by MMcC. Its only in the last month when things seem to have gone a bit sour.
As his leaving has been on the cards for some time, I sincerely hope City have irons in the fire for a replacement mobile centre forward (prob loan). I dont want to rely on Collins (hard working but limited) and Watters (“coming good?”)

Moore seems like decent guy and I wish him all the best when he goes. :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby sir ninian » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:05 pm

Lengee wrote:Moore has played pretty well for City for his time here. He has almost always given it a good go, even when Mc Carthy was playing ultra defensive. Its not his fault that the wingers and pace in the team were sold by MMcC. Its only in the last month when things seem to have gone a bit sour.
As his leaving has been on the cards for some time, I sincerely hope City have irons in the fire for a replacement mobile centre forward (prob loan). I dont want to rely on Collins (hard working but limited) and Watters (“coming good?”)

Moore seems like decent guy and I wish him all the best when he goes. :bluebird:

I agree with you.I think he was a victim of the way we played.If we had money,we could have built a good team that could have given him the service that he needed.Unfortunately we have nothing!! :bluebird:
sir ninian

Postby pontlliwblue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:07 pm

If it is Bournemouth maybe accept 3m with 2m add on if promoted.
pontlliwblue

Postby Abergavenny » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:11 pm

We need the guy who negotiated the Madine fee on our side Regarding Moore he has always been looking for a move and signing on fee He has actually stayed at Cardiff longer than at any of his other 10 teams he has played for in the last 10 years
Abergavenny

Postby montyblue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:30 pm

You can guarantee one if moores he will score against us.
montyblue

Postby montyblue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:31 pm

You can guarantee one thing if moore goes he's bound to score against us.
montyblue

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:37 pm

Let’s not beat around the Bush the club denied him a dream move to a Premier League club which would have probably trebled his salary

He has probably already lost £300k in lost earnings

Then to cap it all he has played most of the season as a lone striker with no support living off scraps

Don’t blame him for wanting out!!
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Bluebird For Life » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:41 pm

montyblue wrote:You can guarantee one thing if moore goes he's bound to score against us.

we've played them twice already this season haven't we?
Bluebird For Life

Postby montyblue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:43 pm

If moore does jump ship it might explain the long covid and injuries and if he plays for the rest of the season with a new club and does'nt catch covid for a 4th time that would be a bit naughty
What would be more criminal is we let him go for peanuts and we do have a track record of letting players go for sod all

But in moores case we did pick him up cheap
but we need all the money we can get to buy the equivalent.
montyblue

Postby montyblue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:59 pm

BLUEBIRD FOR LIFE

Your correct lost twice

at least that cannot happen then rubbing our noses into it

It all smacks of a relagated team players jumping ship other clubs dropping down like vultures picking whats left of a team
a sad state of affairs
montyblue

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:03 pm

I'm not normally one for slagging off outgoing players, but I feel the same, he is acting like a mercenary tosser :evil:
Bluebina

Postby Abergavenny » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:29 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Let’s not beat around the Bush the club denied him a dream move to a Premier League club which would have probably trebled his salary

He has probably already lost £300k in lost earnings

Then to cap it all he has played most of the season as a lone striker with no support living off scraps

Don’t blame him for wanting out!!

We did not deny him a move Wolves did not meet our valuation if reports are to believed
Abergavenny

Postby New Day Rising » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:08 pm

I really feel the lad is vastly over rated . If Bournemouth go up can't see him terrorising Premiership defences .
New Day Rising

Postby montyblue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:22 pm

NEW DAY RISING

To be fare to moore his service has also been abysmal he' s been drifting out on the wings this season to get the ball
And when he had sevice from harry wilson etc he banged 20 in
same as mitrovic has had better service this year
montyblue

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:44 pm

Club are skint, poor form, and he gets a pay rise.. good time to go imo.

Good player, spends a bit too much time lolling about on the floor..
rumpo kid

Postby City slicker27 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:13 pm

Poor form this season is largely down to the complete lack of service. Any deal worth less than 5mill - 3mill up front plus addons at least - will be dissapointing.
City slicker27

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:19 pm

Lengee wrote:Moore has played pretty well for City for his time here. He has almost always given it a good go, even when Mc Carthy was playing ultra defensive. Its not his fault that the wingers and pace in the team were sold by MMcC. Its only in the last month when things seem to have gone a bit sour.

I have said the same on a few other topics, McCarthy left POOR Morrison with the most lopsided squad in years, everyone SAYING he doesn't get the service,she did last year, and banged in 20, but ALLour strikers have had the same! Glatzel had good service, HE played well and scored,but the manager then decides to TRY and him into a player he wasn't, service dried up, AND McCarthy decided he wasn't going to fit into his ultra defensive style of football, mandngot did, at a loss of 3.5m? And he got rid of any pace we had, AND loaned players out we should have kept! Morrison won't be given money to sign anyone on a permanent if you ask me, as he won't be here after this year, so why let him sign a player on a permanent contract, who a new manager may not rate, or the player doesn't fit into whatever's his style of football?? To me it makes sense to hold back, will,it cost us? We will see in 20 games time.
:old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:04 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

I have said the same on a few other topics, McCarthy left POOR Morrison with the most lopsided squad in years, everyone SAYING he doesn't get the service,she did last year, and banged in 20, but ALLour strikers have had the same! Glatzel had good service, HE played well and scored,but the manager then decides to TRY and him into a player he wasn't, service dried up, AND McCarthy decided he wasn't going to fit into his ultra defensive style of football, mandngot did, at a loss of 3.5m? And he got rid of any pace we had, AND loaned players out we should have kept! Morrison won't be given money to sign anyone on a permanent if you ask me, as he won't be here after this year, so why let him sign a player on a permanent contract, who a new manager may not rate, or the player doesn't fit into whatever's his style of football?? To me it makes sense to hold back, will,it cost us? We will see in 20 games time.
:old: :bluebird:

Aye.

I think its unfair having a go at Morison. He has inherited well lets be kind her, not a very good squad.

20 game! that sounds painful. We are about to go into the business end of the season with a disjointed squad not knowing our best 11 yet. It's not looking good although its getting better compared to the start of the transfer window. Hopefully Giles will come back and that will slightly improve our chances. If Harris can connect with him then our chances improve. After that I'm struggling to think what we need to survive.
Bakedalasker

Return to General Chat