“ This Forum is looking for “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ This Forum is looking for “

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:58 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Leggy11 wrote:Sven and Barclay are a laughing stock , banning people for posting positivity. Good riddance

Didn't know Barclay was a mod but I find both very courteous. Each to their own though

Barclay is not a mod, but would make an excellent one.

And Sven is an excellent mod.

Thanks for the support, Annis. Really appreciate it from yourself (as someone who actually knows me) and others on here and via pm

I can only say I do my best and (as you know very well) when mistakes are made, I own up to to them

I'll also add publicly that Jonathan (Barclay1) is a top guy and someone I respect. There is an element of 'banter' between us but it is all taken in good stead :thumbright:

Sadly, differentiating between the Moderator and the poster is a little difficult for some; or used as a weak tool with which to curry favour with their ilk when they can't debate back :roll:

Your welcome Chris,

My honest opinion of a person who knows you well.

Your straight down the middle and fair to everyone.

Your an honest gentleman.

It’s sometimes unfair when some posters don’t think a Mod should have an opinion.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby TheHangedMan » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:30 am

I don't know why people are having a go at Chris (Sven), I find him one of the best mods on here.

Many times Chris has disagreed with my opinion, but he always backs it up with his own opinion and surely that is what this board is all about.

Furthermore, Chris always adds plenty of content and moves topics forward when they stagnate, long may he continue. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:54 am

Leggy11 wrote:Sven and Barclay are a laughing stock , banning people for posting positivity. Good riddance

With this post the only laughing stock is you.
Mr. Misery guts Barclay a mod?

I disagree with a couple of others, and no disrespect to Barclays, but I’d hate it if he was a mod.

Sven is an excellent moderator who doesn’t suffer fools. Perhaps that’s your problem.
Without him I honestly think this forum would suffer big time.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Abergavenny » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:04 am

I just hope that if people are censored they get a reason for it and able to discuss off the forum I was once banned for disagreeing with a post
No abuse or foul language ever in any of my post I just posted published facts that we at odds with the posters opinion All i got was you are banned from the site

There is a place for moderators as we have some right idiots on this forum at times who go over the top But please give people a reason for why people have been banned or posts deleted
Thank you
Abergavenny

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:27 am

TheHangedMan wrote:I don't know why people are having a go at Chris (Sven), I find him one of the best mods on here.

Many times Chris has disagreed with my opinion, but he always backs it up with his own opinion and surely that is what this board is all about.

Furthermore, Chris always adds plenty of content and moves topics forward when they stagnate, long may he continue. :bluebird:

Totally agree. Well said :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:36 am

Sven (Chris) is a top moderator and bloke. Should be more like him 100%
Nuclearblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:06 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Sven (Chris) is a top moderator and bloke. Should be more like him 100%

As a former mod I wished I acted like Chris aka Sven. Sven will give you his opinion if you like it or not. I reframed until my buttons were pushed like the Rebrand. Some treated me being reframed as a weakness. Now I'm not a mod I can tell posters if I feel they are being knobs or not.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:36 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Me ,annis your banned :lol:

Shall I return.

No misery gutts allowed :lol:

Cheeky bugger.

I was the happiest Moderator in the history of this forum.
Bakedalasker

Postby llan bluebird » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:18 pm

Being a Mod is like owning a football club, i keep asking myself why the hell would you want to do it :clap:

I appreciate the job you guys do :occasion5:
llan bluebird

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:33 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Being a Mod is like owning a football club, i keep asking myself why the hell would you want to do it :clap:

I appreciate the job you guys do :occasion5:

Bit like being a referee. Always asked why I did it, but I loved it and reffed at the top level for a number of years.

Always hated, but the game doesn't go ahead without them.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Leggy11 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:52 pm

Aber:
I just hope that if people are censored they get a reason for it and able to discuss off the forum I was once banned for disagreeing with a post
No abuse or foul language ever in any of my post I just posted published facts that we at odds with the posters opinion All i got was you are banned from the site

There is a place for moderators as we have some right idiots on this forum at times who go over the top But please give people a reason for why people have been banned or posts deleted
Thank you

——

THANK YOU! Reading a load of dross supporting Sven but still not had a reason why I was blocked previously. No transparency or understanding just left disillusioned. Really appreciate you taking the time to write this.
Leggy11

Postby Leggy11 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:55 pm

censored really is the key word.

if anyone takes the 30seconds it takes to read the link in the OP they’ll see i did nothing to warrant being blocked in the first place. I’ve been given no reason. Sure i look like a Karen at this point but so would anyone suspended for being positive.
Leggy11

Postby Leggy11 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:48 pm

anything Sven? anything that at all?
Leggy11

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:07 pm

Leggy11 wrote:anything Sven? anything that at all?

Apparently, I'm an imbecile, so what did you even reasonably expect...? ;) :roll: :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Leggy11 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:43 pm

what grounds did you have to suspend my account? you replied to my glass half full post regarding the state of the club and yet suspended me so i wasn’t able to respond. it’s suppressing or censoring an opinion you don’t agree with perhaps? in speculating i’d rather you let me know?

it’s poor form and now you believe you have some sort of moral high ground because i called you an imbecile.

Don’t treat people like that.
Leggy11

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:59 pm

Leggy11 wrote:what grounds did you have to suspend my account? you replied to my glass half full post regarding the state of the club and yet suspended me so i wasn’t able to respond. it’s suppressing or censoring an opinion you don’t agree with perhaps? in speculating i’d rather you let me know?

it’s poor form and now you believe you have some sort of moral high ground because i called you an imbecile.

Mate I’ve no idea what the discussion is about but I’ve always thought that resorting to insults is pretty low.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:57 pm

Leggy11 wrote:what grounds did you have to suspend my account? you replied to my glass half full post regarding the state of the club and yet suspended me so i wasn’t able to respond. it’s suppressing or censoring an opinion you don’t agree with perhaps? in speculating i’d rather you let me know?

So it's okay to refer ro people you don't 'know' as an imbecile'?

Answer me a question: What GENUINE steps did you take to find out why you were removed before weakly seizing on an unrelated topic some time after the actual event (under any of your names)? :?

We both know the answer is NONE, so don't take the moral high ground, please! :roll:

Respect works two ways... :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Leggy11 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:15 pm

what steps did i take:

my account said i was suspended. i saw your comments but could not reply. i had no understanding why i was banned, i emailed the support team i got no reply. i sent chasers until i got an email saying:

I am in the Caribbean sorry , just looked Sven banned you

So now i have a name but no greater understanding. I sent several emails requesting more information to no avail. I came looking for them here.

So I will ask again, what grounds did you have to suspend me?
Leggy11

Postby Leggy11 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:19 pm

I had to create a new account just to be able to confront you. Having gone through this ordeal all because I said I was happy to be shifting high wage earners and i was equally happy that we are promoting the youth. A model that’s been profitable for teams like Norwich & Southampton.

So here I am; account number 2 , question 10, please outline why I was suspended? Why did you do as you did?
Leggy11

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:00 pm

All this Leggy11 clown has done so far is derail the OP's thread and insult Sven calling him an imbecile & laughing stock and then go on to insult all the other members who've said how much Sven is appreciated as a mod by saying he's "reading a load of dross supporting Sven". Then when the woke needy attention seeking wet fart doesn't get a reply, he then bumps the thread up. It's not Roathie as he's too thick but an annoyance nevertheless.

No wonder he was banned in the first place after only a few posts and then he turns up with a different username throwing his toys out of he pram. He needs to be banned again simply for being an annoying little prick.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Leggy11 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:50 pm

GrangeEnd:

I appreciate what you are saying. I’ve not intended to offend you or the fans in general. As I outlined in original post i’m very proud of the fans.You are making me out to be a problem but really I am just seeking answers. I am only annoyed at Sven as I was wrongfully suspended.

it took me calling him an imbecile to even bring him to the table. When I tried to find out why I had been banned i got nothing. Why would I have been banned in the first place?

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/view ... 2&t=225582

this is what got me banned. Would you not be annoyed at how this has happened?
Leggy11

Postby Leggy11 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:11 pm

Sven, I think we have gotten off on the wrong foot, I don’t know you to call you an imbecile. It was beneath and I’m sorry but I was frustrated with good reason - I was suspended despite no wrong doing and without reason.

We all can see this.

I’m sure you are great on this forum, an active member and respected by other accounts who have posted. From my personal experience you’ve done poorly by me. You’ve suppressed my opinion. Others had responded to my post with praise which further demonstrated it was a shared view. as seen: https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/view ... 2&t=225582

You had no right to block me but did so anyway.... and here I am apologising to you and yet it’s still unbeknown to me why i was suspended to begin with. An explanation wouldn’t go amiss.

Reinstate my initial account and allow us both to participate in the hobby we share..
Leggy11

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:57 pm

Abergavenny wrote:I just hope that if people are censored they get a reason for it and able to discuss off the forum I was once banned for disagreeing with a post

Thank you

Thank you for this post. You do make a valid point :thumbup:

I'm not sure who you were previously or who, if anyone, removed your former account, but I will say it is unusual for someone not to be informed 'why' any action (positive or negative) has been taken. It is equally unlikely you were removed 'just for' disagreeing with a post

Admin and Moderator logs will show that and are a way of both checking and auditing what we do behind the scenes as a group

Whilst (rare these days) 'warnings' are abundantly clear to the recipient, as they are posted to their account, anyone who is removed is notified but (if this makes sense) cannot see the action notice because they have been removed

Not much we can do about that once done but equally, it is not unusual to contact someone before taking action to request an explanation for comments made

Any lack of response (I currently have several unopened pm's sent out to members) means decisions have to be made for the benefit of the Forum and the majority of its members

I know I usually contact people to check on why certain things have been said and/or done and I (genuinely) have to say that the vast majority of responses I get are both courteous and appreciative of their tone and content

Indeed, I have made some very good friends on here as a result, no matter whether we agree or not on many points

Of course, there are always the odd exceptions but most appreciate that no Admins/Mods are out to 'get' anyone; we just want a balanced, respectful environment where members have respect for others views and don't tell blatant lies

It is clear there will always be differences of opinion on what is good, bad and indifferent behaviour, as is life; but there are those on here who think they can say what they like in any tone and lie about things and people they have little or no knowledge of with importunity

Simply isn't right and cannot be. We all as a Forum group have internal and external rules to abide by and (as we have found out on occasion) have been taken to task

Think of this; why would we want to 'remove' any account, if we can avoid it? :?

That just allows the person behind the mask to hide who they are by reinventing themselves (as certain nefarious people have done) and 'hide' from their previous comments and/or misdemeanours, which benefits no one other than themselves. It happens more than many will realise :(

Disagreements will always occur; it's how we react that should be what counts and the very least should be with courtesy and respect, as it gets us a lot further than abuse, threats, ranting and raving...

Hope that (at least in part) answers your valid point... :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:05 pm

Leggy11 wrote:Sven, I think we have gotten off on the wrong foot, I don’t know you to call you an imbecile. It was beneath and I’m sorry but I was frustrated with good reason - I was suspended despite no wrong doing and without reason.

We all can see this.

I’m sure you are great on this forum, an active member and respected by other accounts who have posted. From my personal experience you’ve done poorly by me. You’ve suppressed my opinion. Others had responded to my post with praise which further demonstrated it was a shared view. as seen: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225582

You had no right to block me but did so anyway.... and here I am apologising to you and yet it’s still unbeknown to me why i was suspended to begin with. An explanation wouldn’t go amiss.

Reinstate my initial account and allow us both to participate in the hobby we share..

Okay, so back to you...

Firstly, you not 'knowing' me means you are not/were not aware of my situation this week, i.e. I was away having treatment for a current illness and unable to (a) come on to the Forum, and (b) when I did, was unable to do proper checks before responding to your apparent 'beef'

Those who actually know me, including fellow Mods, knew my situation but were able to keep their counsell until they knew certain outcomes

I'm not having a go at you here, fella. I simply seek to explain why, coupled with your exceptionally public, rude, personally offensive and wholly unwarranted attack on an unrelated thread, why I have not responded other than to defend my character until I was in possession of the facts

I note your latter 'we may have got off on the wrong foot' apology but I don't for one minute think it to be sincere, so I will neither accept or reject it on the grounds it falls on deaf ears after your deliberately public attempt to (a) call me out, (b) try to ridicule/abuse me as a person without knowledge or fact, (c) curry favour amongst certain others, (d) divulge the content of private messages, and (e) abuse other members of this Forum for supporting someone they actually 'know' rather than making wild assumption based on a self-interested/seeking internet experience

So let's get down to the unnecessarily rather public matter in hand...

1: You were not removed because of what you wrote. Your thread remains and all comments made (by you or others) were neither altered or removed. They still remain, as you keep highlighting with your 'link' (not possible, if it was removed)

2: I didn't comment personally on you other than making an opinion that it was a slightly 'weird' thread where someone (in this case you) was advocating getting rid of players when we might just need them within such a threadbare squad. So, to say you were 'censored' is, with some respect, absolute rubbish!

3: A quick look at the thread (it isn't long) shows that you had one or two (no more) who agreed with you and that is their prerogative. No one would say any different

4: Your wholly deliberate, unwarranted and angry tone towards me and others on this thread has done you no favours and has made you look a little overly aggressive

So, to answer your question in all honesty (and certain others can confirm this), I will say you were removed acting on information received as to who you were previously and a check by a third party showed this to be the likely case

I won't go further into that one but if you were to be that person, you would know exactly why you were not welcome.

Along with another person, I have since done further research and I accept that the original information may not have been as cut and dried as we thought and I hold my hands up as the ultimate instigator of the removal

With that in mind and with an apology for any offence you feel may have been caused, this is what I propose to do...

I will reinstate the Kav_8 name this evening and remove the Leggy11 one shortly after. However, I will provide some time for you to read any communications before I do

I hope that is acceptable and you can put your ire behind you before moving on in an acceptable manner, i.e. respecting people and views in their own right

I have already stated that you took your time to recreate an account and then waited for a public attack. Why you couldn't have pm'd me is for you to know; but I have my suspicions and I am confident I am not far wide of the mark when I say our Forum paths have crossed before

I wish you well and it's over to you now, but I have said my piece and any escalation of this saga will be wholly down to you (publicly or otherwise)

Sven (Moderator) :ayatollah:

Added Note (1): Kav_8 name reinstated (20:00 hours 29/01/22)
Added Note (2): Leggy11 name removef (00:55 hours 30/01/22)
Sven

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Thanks Chris for you detailed response, which may also help others to understand how things operate

Hope all is all good with your health mate. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:57 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:Thanks Chris for you detailed response, which may also help others to understand how things operate

Hope all is all good with your health mate. :bluebird:

Jim, thank you for that and also your kind comment above :thumbup:

I got home from the south coast late last night and tired, so I held back for a while and considered what, if any, response I should give, as always

I have to say, Abergavenny gave me an opportunity to address the wider Forum as to our workings and to explain it's not in our interests to have keep checking individuals and their accounts. It's simply hard work but we don't shy away from it

I'm a strong character and I am not afraid to challenge certain types; particularly liars and mischief-makers. The rest is just opinion and as we both know, is open to debate of the respectfully courteous style; maybe with some underlying humour on occassion ;)

I hope I will be okay. I certainly now have the proper tools and knowledge with which to move forward at a faster pace thanks to some wonderful people. Superb staff and fellow patients, who could relate to each other because we were all in the same position

Some big life lessons learned! :thumbright:
Sven

Postby maccydee » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:28 am

Sven wrote:
Leggy11 wrote:Sven, I think we have gotten off on the wrong foot, I don’t know you to call you an imbecile. It was beneath and I’m sorry but I was frustrated with good reason - I was suspended despite no wrong doing and without reason.

We all can see this.

I’m sure you are great on this forum, an active member and respected by other accounts who have posted. From my personal experience you’ve done poorly by me. You’ve suppressed my opinion. Others had responded to my post with praise which further demonstrated it was a shared view. as seen: https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/view ... 2&t=225582

Okay, so back to you...

Firstly, you not 'knowing' me means you are not/were not aware of my situation this week, i.e. I was away having treatment for a current illness and unable to (a) come on to the Forum, and (b) when I did, was unable to do proper checks before responding to your apparent 'beef'

Those who actually know me, including fellow Mods, knew my situation but were able to keep their counsell until they knew certain outcomes

I'm not having a go at you here, fella. I simply seek to explain why, coupled with your exceptionally public, rude, personally offensive and wholly unwarranted attack on an unrelated thread, why I have not responded other than to defend my character until I was in possession of the facts

I note your latter 'we may have got off on the wrong foot' apology but I don't for one minute think it to be sincere, so I will neither accept or reject it on the grounds it falls on deaf ears after your deliberately public attempt to (a) call me out, (b) try to ridicule/abuse me as a person without knowledge or fact, (c) curry favour amongst certain others, (d) divulge the content of private messages, and (e) abuse other members of this Forum for supporting someone they actually 'know' rather than making wild assumption based on a self-interested/seeking internet experience

So let's get down to the unnecessarily rather public matter in hand...

1: You were not removed because of what you wrote. Your thread remains and all comments made (by you or others) were neither altered or removed. They still remain, as you keep highlighting with your 'link' (not possible, if it was removed)

2: I didn't comment personally on you other than making an opinion that it was a slightly 'weird' thread where someone (in this case you) was advocating getting rid of players when we might just need them within such a threadbare squad. So, to say you were 'censored' is, with some respect, absolute rubbish!

3: A quick look at the thread (it isn't long) shows that you had one or two (no more) who agreed with you and that is their prerogative. No one would say any different

4: Your wholly deliberate, unwarranted and angry tone towards me and others on this thread has done you no favours and has made you look a little overly aggressive

So, to answer your question in all honesty (and certain others can confirm this), I will say you were removed acting on information received as to who you were previously and a check by a third party showed this to be the likely case

I won't go further into that one but if you were to be that person, you would know exactly why you were not welcome.

Along with another person, I have since done further research and I accept that the original information may not have been as cut and dried as we thought and I hold my hands up as the ultimate instigator of the removal

With that in mind and with an apology for any offence you feel may have been caused, this is what I propose to do...

I will reinstate the Kav_8 name this evening and remove the Leggy11 one shortly after. However, I will provide some time for you to read any communications before I do

I hope that is acceptable and you can put your ire behind you before moving on in an acceptable manner, i.e. respecting people and views in their own right

I have already stated that you took your time to recreate an account and then waited for a public attack. Why you couldn't have pm'd me is for you to know; but I have my suspicions and I am confident I am not far wide of the mark when I say our Forum paths have crossed before

I wish you well and it's over to you now, but I have said my piece and any escalation of this saga will be wholly down to you (publicly or otherwise)

Sven (Moderator) :ayatollah:

Added Note (1): Kav_8 name reinstated (20:00 hours 29/01/22)
Added Note (2): Leggy11 name removef (00:55 hours 30/01/22)

While you don’t have to explain yourself it’s a measure of you as an individual that you did. Not only that, you admitted there may have been a mistake and rectified it.

Top, top bloke.
maccydee

Postby TheHangedMan » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:55 am

maccydee wrote:While you don’t have to explain yourself it’s a measure of you as an individual that you did. Not only that, you admitted there may have been a mistake and rectified it.

Top, top bloke.

Totally agree. The sign of a good person/company/organisation is not what they do when things are going well but how they respond when there are issues.

Chris has proven, on many occassions, to be solid and fair and quite frankly a "top bloke" and moderator. Long may he continue. :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Postby kav_8 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:52 pm

—-

I’m really not sure what this means. A case of mistaken identity perhaps but similarly you could have PM’d me to clarify rather than suspending me assuming I was someone I was not.

I can assure you our paths have not crossed before in whatever way you are eluding to.

I ran Kavs prediction league on the 606 forum many moons ago and as you noted previously, I don’t get involved as much anymore so you can imagine my confusion at this scenario. You had referred to me as inebriated and I was taken aback. I had only meant to provide a bit of positivity on the forum with my input. ANYWAY....

That said, I appreciate your response and the end result of re-instating my initial account.

Of course I was unaware as to your health concerns and it does make me reflect again on calling you an imbecile, which I regret having done. I wish you all the best with your health.

Our club collected 3 huge points today and Davies got the winner. I stand by my pride in my initial post that having products from the academy involved just tastes sweeter!
kav_8

Previous

Return to General Chat