Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY THOUGHTS: THE SITUATION AT OUR GREAT CLUB

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:46 pm

MY THOUGHTS:
From Sam ReaN

Here are the players out of contract or whats left of them.
Now I would ideally like to keep the youngsters and let go of the veterans. We need a new team of youngsters who are willing to learn and improve for the better of the team. We unfortunately have no money but i believe if we keep our youngsters then they can only improve. Sadly in terms of the bigger picture i believe if we are going to get a big overall in the club I think we will need to go down to improve and get back up again.

Now the way things are going I think Tan needs to walk alongside the board because us fans have got a lack of communication from them on what's going on at this club. Our club is sinking to relegation and we have not heard from our board or owner in a very long time.

CARDIFF CITY F.C PLAYERS

OUT OF CONTRACT
Smithies
Morrison
Flint
Vaulks
Ralls
Pack
Vassel
Bacuna
Doyle - Short Term Loan
Drameh - Short Term Loan

1 YEAR LEFT
Phillips
Nelson
Bagan
Sang
Bowen
Evans
Moore
Harris
Collins

2 YEARS LEFT
Watters
Colwill
McGuiness
Wintle

Re: MY THOUGHTS: THE SITUATION AT OUR GREAT CLUB

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:00 pm

Depending what division we find ourselves in next season, I still feel clearing the decks is the answer. I seem to remember when Malkey took over we had less than 10 registered players, he got in his own players to suit his system and we reached the League Cup Final taking Liverpool to a penalty shoot out. Then the following season promotion as Champions. So I personally am not worried more looking forward to a new look squad moulded by whoever is the Manager is in pre season. Fingers crossed it will still be in the Championship.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:13 pm

So yhe owner should just walk then sam? He could! Then where would we be?? We cannot have a team with 0 olser players in, the youngsters need some experience around them, I believe we will stay up just about, and yhe re set everyone has been screaming for will be in full swing

The board appointed morison, in part because the fans were looking for a change from the old school types we had for yrs!some on here were glad the board had made a "pisitive" decision for once, most were more than happy with this, however as reults are still poor, some want him gone already??

McCarthy stripped the squad of pace and what little guille we had;got rid of all the wrong players, loaned out watters who didnt play, wintle the same, sold glatzel and others at a loss, all to try and save his neck, keeping the most defensive minded squad ive seen in a long time!
What happened to the rhetoric of, change will take time, not overnight? Not morisons fault he was keft with players who seem to not be able to actually play a more attractive way, we have improved, but at the same time, the defence has gone awol! A couple more additional players and I think we will survive this yr, and id rather re set in this league, rather than league 1 or worse!

The senior playersincluding those whose deals are coming to an end, need to be busting their guts, to rither get an extension with us, or to impress any suitors down the line! At present who would want any of our underperforming older players?? Definitely teams in the lower leagues if they continue with shit performance levels week in week out.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:31 pm

The last thing we need is a drop to the League One. It is not an easy League to get promoted out from.

If we do survive this season then we need to balance our squad. That begin we need to keep our talented youngsters and replace our senior players with seasoned professional. That's going to required investment and a lot of hard work.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:33 pm

Bushy Eyebrows wrote:Depending what division we find ourselves in next season, I still feel clearing the decks is the answer. I seem to remember when Malkey took over we had less than 10 registered players, he got in his own players to suit his system and we reached the League Cup Final taking Liverpool to a penalty shoot out. Then the following season promotion as Champions. So I personally am not worried more looking forward to a new look squad moulded by whoever is the Manager is in pre season. Fingers crossed it will still be in the Championship.

That was a terrific summers business Gunnarsson, Conway, Andrew Taylor, Gestede, Earnie & Cowie on free transfers. Mason for £300k, Miller for £750k, Turner for £750k. Less than £2m and we had a side capable of play-offs and an amazing cup run.

Shows if you have the right people in charge on transfers you can get a lot of talent for very little spend.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:38 pm

mjw6150 wrote:
Bushy Eyebrows wrote:Depending what division we find ourselves in next season, I still feel clearing the decks is the answer. I seem to remember when Malkey took over we had less than 10 registered players, he got in his own players to suit his system and we reached the League Cup Final taking Liverpool to a penalty shoot out. Then the following season promotion as Champions. So I personally am not worried more looking forward to a new look squad moulded by whoever is the Manager is in pre season. Fingers crossed it will still be in the Championship.

That was a terrific summers business Gunnarsson, Conway, Andrew Taylor, Gestede, Earnie & Cowie on free transfers. Mason for £300k, Miller for £750k, Turner for £750k. Less than £2m and we had a side capable of play-offs and an amazing cup run.

Shows if you have the right people in charge on transfers you can get a lot of talent for very little spend.

The Golden secret.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:02 pm

mjw6150 wrote:

Who was in charge of transfers?

What happened the season after?

Surely it wasn’t the backbone of the squad left by DJ? Weren’t we ready for premier league football? Why couldn’t malky take us up straight away?

Marshall in goal
McNaughton, Hudson in defence.
Whittingham in midfield who was top scorer and loads of assists.

They were four of our most influential players.

Saying that some of those signings did really well. Gunnarsson a legitimate legend in my eyes.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:02 pm

We are losing a lot of experienced players but I feel these players are holding the club back financially and playing wise. If we are going to get anywhere with how we are trying to play, the majority of these players need replacing.

No denying we are going to have nail our recruitment over the summer, but we could probably get better suited players to how we want to play for a fraction of the wages we are currently paying out on them.

I'm hoping Ralls is here next season. Would like smithies to stay but he won't be short on offers. The rest can go though.