Liverpool

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Liverpool

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:40 pm

Do you think Salah, Jota and Mane will be worried, how are they possibly going to find the space to score against us?

I bet they can't wait !!!
Bluebina

Liverpool

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Liverpool

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:11 pm

Doubt they'll even start
NIBluebird

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:29 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Doubt they'll even start

Yes they probably won't need them!
Bluebina

Postby CF11 Rondo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:34 pm

Salah, Mane and Keira will (most likely) still be at AFCON or only just returned. I imagine we’ll face pretty much the same side Shrewsbury faced with one or two more senior players added in. Klopp doesn’t care about the domestic cups and they’ve got important CL and PL games in the weeks after we play them.
CF11 Rondo

Postby Diamond Dog » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:29 pm

Hi folks,

Liverpool supporter here. I'm writing a preview for the FA Cup game next weekend for a Liverpool supporters site and wondering if I could gather some of your opinions ?

Congratulations on the victory yesterday against Forest. Reading through the match report it seems a pretty positive from your side. I see your 3 new signings (Doyle,Hugill and Doughty) seemed to start well.

This month things have balanced out a bit for ye, 2 wins, 2 defeats and a draw.

So I was wondering how you see the season so far and what what your expectation (priorities) is for the rest of the season.

What style, formation does the team generally play ?

What is a typical Cardiff goal like ?

What are the strengths and weaknesses of the side ?

How do ye see the game at Anfield going ?

How is the Vincent Tan saga playing out these days ?

Anything else of interest ?!!!

Cheers folks. I see ye have 7K travelling up for the game. Good luck, have a ball and please lose in a thriller.

My own take (for what it's worth). The team we put out vs Shrewsbury which had a solid enough defence and then a mix of second team and near debutantes was pretty and pretty toothless until one moment from Kaide Gordan (17 yrs old) changed the vibe. Shrewsbury gifted us a pen and we were fairly much in control thereafter. I don't think that team would good enough so I expect Klopp to beef it up a little more. Also we are generally shit after a break so I think Klopp might also use a few more first teamers just to get them in the groove. Keita is back from AFCON and Harvey Elliott, whom ye might remember from Blackburn last season, looks like he might also play a roll. Against that Salah (and Mané as I write) are out in AFCON duty until next weekend and Fabinho and Becker are in South America right now.

I think Kelleher will start in goal, Tsimikas, Joe Gomez needs games plus 1 of Konaté or Virgil, Trent maybe, Keita, Jones and Henderson-Milner mix. Jota up front plus 2 of whoever is fit/unsold/in need. That would be my guess.
Diamond Dog

Return to General Chat