‘ LETTER FROM CARDIFF FLO ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:33 am

LETTER FROM CARDIFF FLO, regarding Bristol City

Agreed and accepted by CCFC.

We took 27 of our staff and senior stewards to the stadium in an effort to defuse any situations and welcome our supporters with familiar faces. The home club welcomed us, and we were there alongside their stewards in the away end. Within 15 minutes of the opening two smoke bombs had been let off in the upper and lower concourses. Many fans decided to stay outside by the Guinness bar having a drink and a sing song, no problem at all.

The home supervisor assisted me in getting at least a dozen fans in who either had ticket issues (needing reprints) or issues with covid passes, every request I had the Bristol guy helped with.

Once the outside areas became quiet, I went into the away end with a senior member of our staff to use the toilets only to be confronted with a totally wrecked facility, unusable, unsafe, and unacceptable. I had used the same toilet 2 hours earlier when we first arrived and it was heated, clean, well lit, had soap dispensers and hand towels and plenty of urinals and cubicles for that area of the stand, to see it like this was embarrassing to be honest as we had to call the control room to get it closed off and condemned, unsafe to use.

On 18 minutes our fans were great with their applauding the life of poor Bradley Jones, a city fan who sadly lost his life aged 18 last week, it was good of our fans to do that and what we should be all about.
At half time I heard reports that more toilets had now been damaged in different areas of the stand including a ladies toilet block, where the lighting was broken, we were directing some female fans to the disabled toilets, again totally embarrassing to see.

At full time we went to inspect the damage again and it really was worse than you can imagine there were also broken seats on display and one Cardiff fans with the stewards who had been caught on camera breaking the seat, no doubt more will follow, there are state of the art cameras in their control room and others are bound to be identified, as well as the ones that threw objects onto the field.

We had to go to a de brief after the match with the Bristol safety officer, who, in all fairness, was very magnanimous in the way he spoke with us considering the mess our fans had left. For us though, it was embarrassing, and we felt ashamed of some of our so-called supporters.

We had reports of disorder outside the stadium before and after the match, unfortunately this is always likely to happen with local Derbies but in these days of camera technology it is idiotic because there is so much evidence available, whether from the police or fans them selves with their smart phones, this was the case yesterday and more arrests and club bans are bound to follow. This is something we expect to see, we don’t like it but expect some sort of disorder throughout a day like yesterday.
However, smashing up facilities, whose sole purpose is to assist our own fans, is mind blowing really.

The videos show the damage but the one where the people causing it, is the most alarming really, they were not kids, they were revelling in the fact they were destroying the toilets, laughing, and joking, no doubt half hour later busting for a piss with nowhere to go lol. 40 years ago, our fans used to smash up trains and we would be held up for ours after emergency stop cords were pulled, eventually the “specials” were stopped, so its not a new phenomenon but one I had hoped was confined to the history books.

Can we prove it was the guys on the trains that caused the damage, not really, but the ones in the video are apparently not known to our travel club? What we do know is that the disorder outside the stadium and in the city, was not attributed to the 16 coaches, or two minibuses parked over in the industrial estate.

Repercussions could be that next time we play Bristol tougher measures will need to be put in place which will affect all of our fans including the vast majority and it also means we move further away again from removing Swansea restrictions, a step backwards. We will also be put on the radar now for all our away games, which means more stewarding, more police more scrutiny more hassle for our genuine fans.

Implications could be that the fans pay a financial cost by way of increased booking fees to cover damages caused by a minority of idiots, again this will affect the genuine majority.

Alongside the club measures and police procedures We are going to have to self-police and report or try to stop people if possible, doing this vandalism and self-destructive behaviour because it affects us all. We need to get it out that this behaviour is not acceptable and make it clear that club bans and the more severe custodial bans are being issued, we have to make sure the deterrent that the bans are designed for, are known to all our fans especially the younger element and the fact that they are being issued.
Attachments
AC484AF8-6239-4482-827E-C39521AF0C5F.jpeg
AC484AF8-6239-4482-827E-C39521AF0C5F.jpeg (91.8 KiB) Viewed 7323 times
0927345C-7928-4FDC-8AED-6489C86B847F.jpeg
0927345C-7928-4FDC-8AED-6489C86B847F.jpeg (179.79 KiB) Viewed 7325 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ LETTER FROM CARDIFF FLO ‘

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:16 pm

Well written... :clap:

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour and an embarrassment to our club, our city and our (mainly) fantastic supporters

Once again, some idiots have (excuse the pun) trashed the name of Cardiff City FC for their own warped 'entertainment'

One of you involved have the same 'courage' to come on here and explain and/or justify to us simply 'why?'

For me, there can be no justification (drink, drugs, revenge, immaturity, etc.) but it would be interesting to read the psyche of someone involved...
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:19 pm

Perhaps they were Rugby fans in disguise. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby corky » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:25 pm

Thats my mesaage to the Travel group but anyone who knows me will testify I am not a lover of bans, my own son did a stretch in prison and a seven year ban and there was far less damage caused that day that there were to those defenceless bogs on Saturday. Seriously what is the mindset behind destroying three toilet blocks and a ladies toilets, after a skinfull of booze, leaving nowhere safe to piss??????
It was embarrassing and childish to be honest.
new season,new start
corky

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:16 pm

Once again, the mindless minority who often turn up at these high profile matches letting down the club and the good name of the majority well behaved fans.
This occasional act of vandalism has been going on for many years at our club along with others and I just wish these characters could be indefinitely banned from attending games if caught.
It's my understanding our club will pay for the damage caused by these brain dead thugs.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:19 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Perhaps they were Rugby fans in disguise. :lol:

Part of the 'issue', I am told, is that a small but certain element only do 'away' games with the intent of 'laddish' behaviours; but what confuses me is the ages of some of those idiots! :shock:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:24 pm

Having got off the train at 0920 at Temple Meads there was around 100-150 Cardiff fans exiting the station, the Police were in numbers and there was no trouble, the usual dickheads chopsing off to innocent by passers for no reason at all. The Police had no idea what to do with the group and eventually let them wander off only to come screeching down the round about 200 metres from the station to shepherd them all in one direction. The Police who its got to be said were good as gold and very patient and having a laugh with City fans. A pub in the harbour eventually let City fans in but only in twos and the Police left only to return sometime later once everyone started to leave the pub. It must be said there was no trouble, damage or singing or problems in the pub at all.

It was at this point that some of the younger fans showed what fecking dickheads they are, peeing in full view of people, throwing bottles and cans into the harbour and kicking over plant pots of residents houses and generally abusing anyone passing by including families with kids at this point I had a fuckful of gobby little shites who were told without restraint, f*cking behave or you'll be in the harbour" The Police had no idea which way to take City fans and it ended up walking over the flyover on the road with traffic zooming by, an accident waiting to happen.

I can say that we all like a bit of banter, a few beers but I was embarrassed by some of our younger fans behaviour to innocent people who had no interest in what was happening further down the road. Last time I travel by train to Bristol for sure.
1980s Bluebird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:59 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Having got off the train at 0920 at Temple Meads there was around 100-150 Cardiff fans exiting the station, the Police were in numbers and there was no trouble, the usual dickheads chopsing off to innocent by passers for no reason at all. The Police had no idea what to do with the group and eventually let them wander off only to come screeching down the round about 200 metres from the station to shepherd them all in one direction. The Police who its got to be said were good as gold and very patient and having a laugh with City fans. A pub in the harbour eventually let City fans in but only in twos and the Police left only to return sometime later once everyone started to leave the pub. It must be said there was no trouble, damage or singing or problems in the pub at all.

It was at this point that some of the younger fans showed what fecking dickheads they are, peeing in full view of people, throwing bottles and cans into the harbour and kicking over plant pots of residents houses and generally abusing anyone passing by including families with kids at this point I had a fuckful of gobby little shites who were told without restraint, f*cking behave or you'll be in the harbour" The Police had no idea which way to take City fans and it ended up walking over the flyover on the road with traffic zooming by, an accident waiting to happen.

I can say that we all like a bit of banter, a few beers but I was embarrassed by some of our younger fans behaviour to innocent people who had no interest in what was happening further down the road. Last time I travel by train to Bristol for sure.

And some people bitch on here when the authorities come down hard on football fan misdemeanours. Talk about sing when your winning. May well have set us back years this.
Sneggyblubird

Postby biglad6 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:02 pm

Why do we all get penalised for the actions of the few ? Travel bans, less tickets etc. No one ever asks this . In any other walk of life we do not have guilt by association so why on why in football. If you lived in an area where a lot of criminals lived you wouldn't be subject to a curfew so why here.
This should be dealt with by dealing with the perpetrators as normal. And then saying to the police, Bristol city etc, that the small minority have been dealt with. After all the police are meant to deal with the aftermath and unlike the old days as was said there is a raft of cctv to look at.
biglad6

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 pm

No one involved prepared to jusify themselves...? :?

No surprises there, then; but the video footage taken by your (so called) 'mates' is pretty conclusive...

Pa-bloody-thetic..! :roll: :oops:
Sven

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:04 am

It was shocking behaviour to be honest and rightly so the culprits will be caught for the damage they have done but why do I never see these letters when the Police at Birmingham hit old men with batons or push woman or act aggressively against innocent City fans just walking or the same Police keeping gates shut and causing a build up of fans in a tight area that could potentially have caused a major crush. When stewards at West Brom man handle people for no reason at all or the first flair and abundance of coins that was thrown from Bristol City fans first that nearly hit a youngster but stewards or Police did nothing, why is this not mentioned? All the cameras on Saturday were pointed into Cardiff fans and not Bristol?

The damaging of the toilets is pathetic but when are the club or those who travel officially going to do something about the treatment our largely well behaved support receive at away games?
1980s Bluebird

Postby corky » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:11 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:It was shocking behaviour to be honest and rightly so the culprits will be caught for the damage they have done but why do I never see these letters when the Police at Birmingham hit old men with batons or push woman or act aggressively against innocent City fans just walking or the same Police keeping gates shut and causing a build up of fans in a tight area that could potentially have caused a major crush. When stewards at West Brom man handle people for no reason at all or the first flair and abundance of coins that was thrown from Bristol City fans first that nearly hit a youngster but stewards or Police did nothing, why is this not mentioned? All the cameras on Saturday were pointed into Cardiff fans and not Bristol?

The damaging of the toilets is pathetic but when are the club or those who travel officially going to do something about the treatment our largely well behaved support receive at away games?

I have DM' you, and happy to discuss,I have sent you my number
new season,new start
corky

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:54 am

corky wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:It was shocking behaviour to be honest and rightly so the culprits will be caught for the damage they have done but why do I never see these letters when the Police at Birmingham hit old men with batons or push woman or act aggressively against innocent City fans just walking or the same Police keeping gates shut and causing a build up of fans in a tight area that could potentially have caused a major crush. When stewards at West Brom man handle people for no reason at all or the first flair and abundance of coins that was thrown from Bristol City fans first that nearly hit a youngster but stewards or Police did nothing, why is this not mentioned? All the cameras on Saturday were pointed into Cardiff fans and not Bristol?

Hiya Paul, not directed at you. You have a thankless task and I do not envy it at you it just seems when Cardiff do wrong its all over the news when City fans get treated like scum there is no mention of it.

But I have replied to your DM.
:bluebird: :ayatollah:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:25 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:
corky wrote:

Hiya Paul, not directed at you. You have a thankless task and I do not envy it at you it just seems when Cardiff do wrong its all over the news when City fans get treated like scum there is no mention of it.

But I have replied to your DM.
:bluebird: :ayatollah:

Genuine question: could it just be that our problems are highlighted within our club and other clubs supporters do the same for their own?

I'm not sure but I can tell you that I don't take more than a passing interest in the actions/reporting of other clubs issues

I totally agree on your Corky comments. One top man doing a tough ofyen thankless job and we can rest assured he has our best interests at heart when acts on our behalf :clap:

Vince Alm another who needs praise heaped upon him and there are others involved in transportation and organising :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby corky » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:18 pm

I understand and it is annoying that after such a long period of good news re our fans , one piece of bad news gets blown up like this. This was not really football related in my view though, its not fans fighting or fans gesturing, fans banter or fan culture, what ever you want to label it, this was simply mindless vandalism and a total embassassment to our football club and the huge majority of our fans who dont want to be or deserve to be assocaited with this nonsense.
Any of our fans want to make complaints about police or stewards, I will assist them and put them in touch with the right people to report these issues to.
new season,new start
corky

Postby blueheaven » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:32 pm

On Saturday I witnessed some of the idiots who damaged the toilets and tried to intervene. I was in the toilets to the left of the turnstiles in the lower section the damage started with one young lad who punched one of the tiles in the ceiling and pulled on the aluminium surround. I told him he was a f*cking idiot and that we would end up paying for any damage his reply was 'f**k them' bit he did stop and didn't do any more damage! I was the waiting for a crap and three City 'fans' were smoking close to the entrance and one jumped up punched out a couple of tiles and pulled down part of the ceiling again I remonstrated with them trying to explain we would end up paying for the damage but was told to 'f**k off' One of the guys then pulled down the lights close to the entrance to the toilets. At this point I went into the cubicle for a crap and surprise, surprise when in there all the lights went out! When I came out of the cubicle the three idiots had gone but the point that should be noted here is at least two of them were in their late 40's or early 50's but I hadn't seen them before. I did see them later in the ground but has I said I don't know them but they and many others have cost our Club money we can ill afford :banghead:
blueheaven

Return to General Chat