“ WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM??? “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:45 am

I have backed Steve Morison from day one and still do as he has NO money, a squad full off lower league players and many players over paid and rated.

BUT, what is Steve Morison’s problem with one of the bright things that has come out of this season “ RUBIN COLWILL “ ???

Hardly ever play Rubin?

On Saturday never even put Rubin on the bench and he is not injured??

Plus I am told Kieffer Moore is fully recovered, should of been on bench.
Attachments
890473C4-A56E-4E0D-BA0B-8A61FDCDEA0D.jpeg
890473C4-A56E-4E0D-BA0B-8A61FDCDEA0D.jpeg (174.59 KiB) Viewed 12263 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM??? “

Postby castleblue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have backed Steve Morison from day one and still do as he has NO money, a squad full off lower division players and many players over paid and rated.

BUT, what is Steve Morison’s problem with one of the bright things that has come out of this season “ RUBIN COLWILL “ ???

Hardly ever play Rubin?

I thought exactly the same when I saw the team if Rubin isn't injured then how on earth does he not make the squad? Only Morison knows and after that shit show on Saturday we are all going to learn a lot about Steve Morison on Sunday with his team. Sean Morrison walks back into that team and every man and his dog can see this 3 CB hasn't been working with only 1 clean sheet this season a blind man can see that.

Can Steve Morison and will he at least try and do something about it.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have backed Steve Morison from day one and still do as he has NO money, a squad full off lower division players and many players over paid and rated.

Hardly ever play Rubin?

Maybe one or both are going out this week and to avoid them getting injured?
Pulisnewport

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:58 am

castleblue wrote:

Hardly ever play Rubin?

I thought exactly the same when I saw the team if Rubin isn't injured then how on earth does he not make the squad? Only Morison knows and after that shit show on Saturday we are all going to learn a lot about Steve Morison on Sunday with his team. Sean Morrison walks back into that team and every man and his dog can see this 3 CB hasn't been working with only 1 clean sheet this season a blind man can see that.

Can Steve Morison and will he at least try and do something about it.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Gary as usual I agree with everything you say.

This Sunday’s team selection with tell us a lot about Morison as a manager.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:59 am

Pulisnewport wrote:

Hardly ever play Rubin?

Karl,

I was told yesterday that clubs have been contacted regarding Kieffer Moore.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby City slicker27 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:02 am

Both off?
City slicker27

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Hardly ever play Rubin?

Karl,

Annis,

The club are bracing themselves for a late bid for Kieffer and my understanding is that could be one of three clubs. If he gets chance of PL he will be gone.
Pulisnewport

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:09 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Hardly ever play Rubin?

Karl,

Annis,

The club are bracing themselves for a late bid for Kieffer and my understanding is that could be one of three clubs. If he gets chance of PL he will be gone.

Karl,

Yes that’s def true.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Blue78 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:17 am

It’s even more absurd that Colwill wasn’t on the bench when you listen to his post match comments that Doyle came off as he wasn’t match fit.

Well he’d have known that before the came so why was there not a creative midfielder on the bench? Sang, Evans and Colwill all dropped out.

I’m really worried about his man management style - his constant calling out of both individuals and players if worrying. I credited him the other day for saying that he shouldn’t have used the word ‘hindrance’ but he still has the same approach of digging players out.
Blue78

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:47 am

I have to say, I dont rate Colwill. In saying that, he should have been on the bench as I would class him as the 'best' of the rest.

Morison has said that no offers/ enquiries have come in for Moore and Flint.

It looks like he is trotting out the required lines if the comments above Re Moore are true.

Shambles, when the fans can clearly see through what is going on.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:53 am

If we had won on Saturday - you could have had the argument Morison got it right etc. But it seems something is not right - in fact it seems there may be something very wrong. Lets see what happens next home game.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Mike Strinati » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:10 am

I’d like to see Colwill and Doyle in starting lineup. We can still get out of this mess but needs to be sorted now.
Mike Strinati

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Hardly ever play Rubin?

Karl,

Annis, Moore wants out and that’s one reason why he’s not too involved.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby theclaw » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:32 am

Maybe something has gone on in the background/ training and has decided not to publicly criticise him as he did with Davies and got roasted himself.
theclaw

Postby mjw6150 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:39 am

I am sure there is a good reason until confirmed otherwise.

Not surprised about Moore, if his heart isn't with us at least see if we can get a decent fee for him and if we get him out soon we have time and money for a replacement.

Maybe one of the press will ask Morison next presser.

Anyhow, the big issue is our defence. We must play 4 at back with Sean Morrison returned to the line up.
mjw6150

Postby GaerBlue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:49 am

Mike Strinati wrote:I’d like to see Colwill and Doyle in starting lineup. We can still get out of this mess but needs to be sorted now.

This. Said to my old man after 10 mins that Doyle will add creativity to the team, a perfect foil to play behind Colwill, who is struggling with the responsibility of being the sole creator in the team.

If he has Doyle behind him it’ll take a lot of the pressure off and allow him to do more in the final third. Really couldn’t understand why one of our top scores was left out of the squad completely, in a team that is already lacking goals and creativity. Could he be going out on loan? Not against that idea but he needs a run of games in either our team or somewhere else.
GaerBlue

Postby stickywicket » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:57 am

Colwill has been off the pace for a few games.He needs to up his game
In my opinion Davies has past him by.
Moore had two days training after ankle injury and ncovid.
stickywicket

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:01 pm

Hearing Colwill to Leeds , first offer was £2.5 m

Obviously negotiating

Moore will go if we get £5m cash

We are in a desperate situation and sad to see
NIBluebird

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:01 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Hardly ever play Rubin?

Karl,

Annis,

Karl, interesting that you wrote (quote) "clubs have been contacted...", which makes me believe our club are touting him rather than them coming to us...? :?

After something I was very reliably told yesterday regarding finances, this would no longer surprise me even in a season where keeping an international goal scorer might just be the wise, logical and pragmatic thing to do... :roll:

Beyond that, I can't see Colwill going anywhere yet, so the manager needs to play him and give him a run of games to make the spot his own...
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:02 pm

I have supported Morison since before his appointment and therefore I can't argue that it was a poor appointment because, at the time, it was what the majority of us wanted.

I have enjoyed the change in playing style and think that it's long overdue. However, we have to start picking up wins.

This is a really poor division this season and I still think that we have a first choice 14-15 players that should stay up with a bit to spare. My concern now though is that he seems to be making some very strange personnel choices.

Centre backs are, rightly, being singled out but there are other selections I find just as strange.

Why continue to pick Ralls and Pack in the same team ? Pick either one of them but don't play both as they simply aren't mobile enough. To some Ralls is the messiah, to me he's a one paced journeyman CM who adds little and Pack is too slow (although, to be fair, he is always looking for the ball and doesn't hide, just gives it back to the opposition :lol: ). I thought Wintle played well the other week so why didn't he start ? I'd even put Vaulks in before Pack and Ralls as at least he'll put a tackle in and he can't be any worse in giving the ball away :roll: :lol:

Why persist with Harris ? He's not good enough and isn't improving. He can't hold the ball up, can't head the ball, takes the wrong option frequently, isn't that quick and has a poor strike rate.

What's Colwill done wrong ? He's the only midfielder/forward who takes the ball on the half-turn and look to take on players and/or play people in. Sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn't but without trying our threat is limited.

Finally, he needs to sort out the Moore situation. If Moore is fit he has to play until we get an offer that we can't turn down, even then it should be dependent on a replacement being found. Moore has clearly thrown his toys out of the pram because he wanted to go in the summer, but the club decided against that and he should have just got his down and got on with things, he's hardly sold himself in the first half of this season has he ? I would now rather he went but time is running out to find a replacement and I just don't see any Prem clubs wanting to splash big money on him.

All that said this squad should easily be good enough to stay up.
piledriver64

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:21 pm

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Hardly ever play Rubin?

Karl,

Annis,

Karl, interesting that you wrote (quote) "clubs have been contacted...", which makes me believe our club are touting him rather than them coming to us...? :?

After something I was very reliably told yesterday regarding finances, this would no longer surprise me even in a season where keeping an international goal scorer might just be the wise, logical and pragmatic thing to do... :roll:

Beyond that, I can't see Colwill going anywhere yet, so the manager needs to play him and give him a run of games to make the spot his own...

Chris, Think that quote is from Annis!

I know that 3 clubs may make late bids for him as they are desperate for a striker like him. In fairness we could possibly get what we want for him as 2 of the clubs have sold a player or about to. It will be an interesting end to the window and that’s without another club coming in :ayatollah:

He clearly wants PL football and ain’t getting any younger.

Regards Colwill he may get cherry picked as we’ve become a club who needs to sell or offload some players. Unfortunately the wages are a stumbling block and why send them out if we have to pay their wages, that’ll be stupid. Keep them and let them run down their contracts I say.

I’m with most posters when I query playing 3 Centre backs? Some of them are to slow however we don’t have wide players to play 442. Yet we have 2 wide players on loan, they should be called back and play them. They are our players and at least we might have a chance to stay up. It’s a no brainier to leave them out on loan :banghead:
Pulisnewport

Postby riley1951 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:11 pm

Where is the evidence that offers have been made for Moore and Colwill?
riley1951

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:47 pm

Moore is apparently skulking around the training group, get rid ASAP, and replace him .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Blueberry Jam » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:20 pm

The way we are playing sell the lot. Should get enough to pay for the repairs at Bristol City.
Blueberry Jam

Postby Don Keydick » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:21 pm

mjw6150 wrote:I am sure there is a good reason until confirmed otherwise.

Not surprised about Moore, if his heart isn't with us at least see if we can get a decent fee for him and if we get him out soon we have time and money for a replacement.

Maybe one of the press will ask Morison next presser.

Anyhow, the big issue is our defence. We must play 4 at back with Sean Morrison returned to the line up.

Spot on, our defence is dire, so I have to ask, WTF is Mark Hudson doing with them in training?
Don Keydick

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:21 pm

Blueberry Jam wrote:The way we are playing sell the lot. Should get enough to pay for the repairs at Bristol City.

Do you think we would get as much as £50,000 for the whole squad? :lol: :lol:

I’m not sure if we could give them away.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:22 pm

riley1951 wrote:Where is the evidence that offers have been made for Moore and Colwill?

Who said their had been?????

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:24 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Hardly ever play Rubin?

Karl,

Annis,

Chris, Think that quote is from Annis!

I know that 3 clubs may make late bids for him as they are desperate for a striker like him. In fairness we could possibly get what we want for him as 2 of the clubs have sold a player or about to. It will be an interesting end to the window and that’s without another club coming in :ayatollah:

He clearly wants PL football and ain’t getting any younger.

Regards Colwill he may get cherry picked as we’ve become a club who needs to sell or offload some players. Unfortunately the wages are a stumbling block and why send them out if we have to pay their wages, that’ll be stupid. Keep them and let them run down their contracts I say.

I’m with most posters when I query playing 3 Centre backs? Some of them are to slow however we don’t have wide players to play 442. Yet we have 2 wide players on loan, they should be called back and play them. They are our players and at least we might have a chance to stay up. It’s a no brainier to leave them out on loan :banghead:

That’s my only quote:

Karl,

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Danny Says » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:40 pm

Transparency between the clubs and its fans should not be overlooked.
Danny Says

Postby Whistler » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:43 pm

I too was surprised that both were not included.
I would say that Colwill has been very poor on his last few outings and maybe it was an idea to drop him out of the picture for a little while.

As far as Moore is concerned he has been nowhere near the player he was last season, I know people are saying that he hasn't got the service he had previously hes had Covid a couple of times and picked up a few bumps along the line. he has been rather ordinary on many occasions. Should we always play him if fit ? YES. and a big BUT Kiefer needs to get his head in the right place or he wont be going anywhere and we could be going down.

One little thought the 10 minute cameo from Watters Scored a nice headed goal from open play !!
Whistler

Next

Return to General Chat