Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“CARDIFF PLAYERS YOU ARE PLAYING FOR YOUR FUTURES” SAYS

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:33 am

The majority of players in this list below know they will not be offered a New contract, wages to high or simply not good enough, so when Morison says they are playing for their futures at Cardiff, Hmmmmmm? I def think not.

Others clubs might want them, I see a few going to League 1 & 2 clubs and a couple going to Championship clubs.

Joe Ralls deserves to be offered a new contract.

There are 10 senior Bluebirds figures whose deals run out in the Welsh capital this summer — Alex Smithies, Sean Morrison, Aden Flint, Will Vaulks, Joe Ralls, Leandro Bacuna, Marlon Pack, Josh Murphy, Ciaron Brown and Isaac Vassell — and the off-season will undoubtedly see wholesale squad changes.

STEVE MORISON:

“They all know their contracts run out this summer, so they should be fighting for new ones.”

"Human nature takes over. There is uncertainty, but my question to them today, after the game, was, 'You’re playing for your future, whether it’s here or somewhere else,'" Morison said.

"Because if someone is here today going, ‘Oh Cardiff have got X amount out of contract, let’s have a look to see if there are any of them I could take’… are you taking anyone on the back of (that performance)?

"But that’s how football is. It’s that constant cycle and ultimately they are going to be constantly watched. If people are looking to sign, your reputation only gets you so far.

"Nowadays, with video footage, it’s constant and you’re going to get questioned.

"I totally get it. It falls on me. I’m the one who gets the stick. I’m the one who is going to get hammered for not bringing Rubin [Coliwll] along or not putting this player on, or taking this player off.

"It’s easy to have a go at me, I’m the new guy, the one who has got no experience etc etc. But once they step over the white line it falls on the players.

"It's nothing I haven’t said to them. If anyone doesn't like it in the dressing room, the door is always open, they walk past it every day."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “CARDIFF PLAYERS YOU ARE PLAYING FOR YOUR FUTURES” SAYS

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:51 am

Does he need to have these conversations in private / in the dressing with the players - instead of in the media ?

Not sure I know of any other manager who talks like this about the players in public. Not saying Morison is wrong to do it - but if no other manager does - then it's probably not the way to conduct press interviews.

Players know they are out of contract and are in the shop window, if they dont perform - then career over basically or League 1/2 at best with a 70% pay cut..

Maybe next time Dalman / Choo will not offer long contracts and stupid money to average players. The older players at the club will never be poor - so sometimes it becomes very hard for certain types of individual to motivate themselves - that is when it's time to find another job.

ps - where is Tomlin these days ?

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:40 am

If we go down we won't be able to afford any of them. Be such a pity if we lose all of them. I'd like to see Mozza, Ralls and Pack stay to keep some experience in the squad. Ciaran Brown too, I think there is a decent player there if he gets a run of games and some confidence.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:26 pm

Only 2 I would offer new contracts are Ralls and Smithies and both at a lower wage.

All the others can go they are either to slow, not good enough and getting to much. Most of us have had to put up with the same dross these past 2 seasons. Time to clear the decks :bluescarf:

At least a new manager can get who he wants and new style.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The majority of players in this list below know they will not be offered a New contract, wages to high or simply not good enough, so when Morison says they are playing for their futures at Cardiff, Hmmmmmm? I def think not.

Others clubs might want them, I see a few going to League 1 & 2 clubs and a couple going to Championship clubs.

Joe Ralls deserves to be offered a new contract.

There are 10 senior Bluebirds figures whose deals run out in the Welsh capital this summer — Alex Smithies, Sean Morrison, Aden Flint, Will Vaulks, Joe Ralls, Leandro Bacuna, Marlon Pack, Josh Murphy, Ciaron Brown and Isaac Vassell — and the off-season will undoubtedly see wholesale squad changes.

This tells me either Morison or someone close to him reads this board.

STEVE MORISON:

“They all know their contracts run out this summer, so they should be fighting for new ones.”

"Human nature takes over. There is uncertainty, but my question to them today, after the game, was, 'You’re playing for your future, whether it’s here or somewhere else,'" Morison said.

"Because if someone is here today going, ‘Oh Cardiff have got X amount out of contract, let’s have a look to see if there are any of them I could take’… are you taking anyone on the back of (that performance)?

"But that’s how football is. It’s that constant cycle and ultimately they are going to be constantly watched. If people are looking to sign, your reputation only gets you so far.

"Nowadays, with video footage, it’s constant and you’re going to get questioned.

"I totally get it. It falls on me. I’m the one who gets the stick. I’m the one who is going to get hammered for not bringing Rubin [Coliwll] along or not putting this player on, or taking this player off.

"It’s easy to have a go at me, I’m the new guy, the one who has got no experience etc etc. But once they step over the white line it falls on the players.

"It's nothing I haven’t said to them. If anyone doesn't like it in the dressing room, the door is always open, they walk past it every day."

This tells me Morison or someone close to him reads this board.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:21 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Only 2 I would offer new contracts are Ralls and Smithies and both at a lower wage.

All the others can go they are either to slow, not good enough and getting to much. Most of us have had to put up with the same dross these past 2 seasons. Time to clear the decks :bluescarf:

At least a new manager can get who he wants and new style.

Karl I fully agree I wasjust going to post that :thumbup: :laughing6:

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:34 pm

Playing for their futures is spot on,but with it widely known,that the higher earners will be gone in the summer,their future is not going to be at this football club,are they going into games thinking one challenge one bad turn,and I could injury myself?,meaning no new contract or no new club,meaning no money

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:34 pm

Playing for their futures is spot on,but with it widely known,that the higher earners will be gone in the summer,their future is not going to be at this football club,are they going into games thinking one challenge one bad turn,and I could injury myself?,meaning no new contract or no new club,meaning no money