Ye of little

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ye of little

Postby Lengee » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:06 pm

FAITH!
Its imp not to turn on Steve Morison.
He has significantly changed the style of play (for the better);
He has correctly identied we need some pace in the team (completely lacking under Mc Carthy);
He has recognized the problems in midfield.
We have been unlucky in the last few games (Bournemouth WBA and Bristol City) not to pick up more points.
He has been without our main goalscorer (moore).
On the other hand,
His substitutions yeterday were very poor ( even taking into account that Doyles lack of metch practice partly forced his hand). Also he played Pack from the start and incredibly kept him on the pitch.

I assume that he will now leave out MP who is (at very best) only a squad player. On that basis, I say Stick with Morison and (hopefully with one or 2 additions) we will beOK.
Keep the faith :bluebird: :bluebird:
Lengee

Ye of little

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Ye of little

Postby wez1927 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:31 pm

Lengee wrote:FAITH!
He has correctly identied we need some pace in the team (completely lacking under Mc Carthy);
We have been unlucky in the last few games (Bournemouth WBA and Bristol City) not to pick up more points.
On the other hand,
His substitutions yeterday were very poor ( even taking into account that Doyles lack of metch practice partly forced his hand). Also he played Pack from the start and incredibly kept him on the pitch.

I assume that he will now leave out MP who is (at very best) only a squad player. On that basis, I say Stick with Morison and (hopefully with one or 2 additions) we will beOK.

Agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:40 am

Overall I feel its a but unfair this criticism Morison is getting.

I just feel the squad he has inherited is not good enough. Hopefully these new additions will make it good enough. Time will tell.
Bakedalasker

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:18 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Overall I feel its a but unfair this criticism Morison is getting.

I just feel the squad he has inherited is not good enough. Hopefully these new additions will make it good enough. Time will tell.

With you on this :thumbup: McCarthy was given reign over who he let go/sold/loaned, and imho, he chose ALL THE wrong ones, leaving a squad bereft of any pay and guile, just in an effort to stem the tide on his own demise,AND for the friggin awful style of one dimensional football, he believed would save him, Morrison has improved us in a few areas, but I AGREE with him, senior players seem to be going through the motions, knowing their contracts are ending in the summer!! Not a healthy situation to have in a dressing room imho, in fact it's very bad.

Hopefully we get a couple more in to go with Doyle and Drameh, of the same ilk preferably, players with something to prove, with the drive and passion that usually comes with it, no more high laid journeyman PLEASE, if we are to survive, WE need a couple of quality experienced heads, to steady the ship, AND perhaps give a few of our senior players a kick up the arse when they are dropped!! These players should also consider, 1, they are playing for a new contract, or 2, they are putting themselves in the shop window for any potential suitors, if they are not offered a deal here, or decide to move on, AND on recent performances, they are doing neither! :old: :banghead: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby theclaw » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:39 am

On the other hand,

Very good post
theclaw

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:44 am

On the other hand,

Agree, and Morrison to start instead of Flint.
Bluebina

Postby CantonStandBob » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:10 am

Agree with all of this, I know results have been against us but we are playing better and the results will come. We need Moore back though as the crosses Doyle puts in will be perfect for him.
CantonStandBob

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:36 am

On the other hand,

Alajuela brother, he's doing a good job.I know the problems with the current 5 across the back but I feel its a player problem rather than a style problem.
Sneggyblubird

Postby mjw6150 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:37 am

On the other hand,

Hear hear, Morison will get it right but it will take time. We have enough to stay up.

We won our first 9 under Mick but look where we ended up. I'd rather take longer to hit form and have things fundamentally corrected to make continuous progress than a quick fix to stay up and end up in same position next season. Keep the faith.
mjw6150

Return to General Chat