VINCENT TAN / MEHMET DALMON WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VINCENT TAN / MEHMET DALMON WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

Postby Blue78 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

Is this quote for real? They could easily find funds for more players if they really wanted to and we’d have more money in League 1. Both utter nonsense.

Firstly, there is a thing called FFP - see Derby, Reading and others soon when it is not followed.

Secondly, has anyone actually looked at where we sit on net spend over the last few years - I briefly looked before and we were certainly top half of not top 10 (I can’t remember exactly). So we are certainly not being outspent by every club as some would have you think.

Do we have an issue with having got in some terrible players - yes of course. But the football managers and scouting hold a massive amount of responsibility for that.
Blue78

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:39 am

Blue78 wrote:

Is this quote for real? They could easily find funds for more players if they really wanted to and we’d have more money in League 1. Both utter nonsense.

Firstly, there is a thing called FFP - see Derby, Reading and others soon when it is not followed.

Secondly, has anyone actually looked at where we sit on net spend over the last few years - I briefly looked before and we were certainly top half of not top 10 (I can’t remember exactly). So we are certainly not being outspent by every club as some would have you think.

Do we have an issue with having got in some terrible players - yes of course. But the football managers and scouting hold a massive amount of responsibility for that.

ALL OVER SEEN BY CCFC COMMITTEE:

Their words , contracts , scouts , final paper work , bids etc etc
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:21 am

Of course it can be true.

No interest in our welfare of progression, and yet meddle and dabble (alledgedly) with the mess they have created, and 'use the useless tools we have provided or, more likely, we'll use them for you'

I don't really want to get Into a discussion where the sole intent is to catch me out.

Yes, no interest AND they interfere.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Blue78 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue78 wrote:

ALL OVER SEEN BY CCFC COMMITTEE:

Their words , contracts , scouts , final paper work , bids etc etc

I get that - and we don’t disagree that money has been spent poorly (although hasn’t it at all clubs - including those with football people on board - Spurs, Utd etc - and I’m saying that as someone who thinks we should have more football expertise on the board.

But that is different to the narrative that no money has been spent - it might not have been this season (although we aren’t out of line with most clubs), but has been since we have been back in the Championship.

Surely the football people who were on the transfer committee - Warnock, Harris, Mick and their scouts identify the players that they need, the board go and get and then sign off.

For example, Warnock really did spank cash on a huge amount of ‘dross’, but if the wanted a player and then the board say no based on footballing reasons, they would rightly get some serious flack for it.

It has now clearly caught up with us (and COVID has played a significant part) but is the answer to really change the owner at a time when you can’t ‘spend your way out of it’.

Whatever happens now and spending on the court cases I do agree there is need to freshen things up potentially - but I don’t think that is Tan, but those ‘below’ him.
Blue78

Postby moonboots » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 am

Thanks for asking the questions :thumbup:
moonboots

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:43 am

Replies FB:
Attachments
B72DB05D-75DA-4F2E-8996-4FF2D3581747.jpeg
B72DB05D-75DA-4F2E-8996-4FF2D3581747.jpeg (178.17 KiB) Viewed 2120 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Crayfish » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:05 pm

I am no fan of Tan but to be fair to him when he did give money to Neil Warnock to spend he did an incredibly bad job spending it. I don’t think it is an exaggeration to say that every time he was given money to spend it either turned out badly in the best case or a total disaster in the worst. Issac Vassell the player who everyone said was a crock band turned out to be a crock. Gary Madine the forward who never scored even from the penalty spot etc.

Actually I think Morisons two loan signings will turn out to be good but I can understand why Tan would not trust this board to spend any money on players.
Crayfish

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:06 pm

Crayfish wrote:I am no fan of Tan but to be fair to him when he did give money to Neil Warnock to spend he did an incredibly bad job spending it. I don’t think it is an exaggeration to say that every time he was given money to spend it either turned out badly in the best case or a total disaster in the worst. Issac Vassell the player who everyone said was a crock band turned out to be a crock. Gary Madine the forward who never scored even from the penalty spot etc.

Actually I think Morisons two loan signings will turn out to be good but I can understand why Tan would not trust this board to spend any money on players.

That's the bottom line to it all.

Personally if I was Tan I would cut my losses and get out. He is on his way to becoming a despised owner and he must realise by now is asset, Cardiff City FC, is going backwards.
Bakedalasker

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:21 pm

'On his way to being....' ? Lets take a balanced view.

Many see him as being the most despised already. Others feel he is running the club well.

His problem is he wants to be loved. Some do seem to love him, but AT THE HEIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE 'SUCCESSES', Tan fell well short of the adulation Sam achieved, and this, in my opinion irritates him.
Barclay1

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:41 pm

Barclay1 wrote:'On his way to being....' ? Lets take a balanced view.

Many see him as being the most despised already. Others feel he is running the club well.

His problem is he wants to be loved. Some do seem to love him, but AT THE HEIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE 'SUCCESSES', Tan fell well short of the adulation Sam achieved, and this, in my opinion irritates him.

Those who feel he is running the club well is because he is a money man. Take away his money and they would soon change their mind over him.
Bakedalasker

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:53 pm

Tan, for all his money, has cut off access to same, apart from basic running costs.

It keeps us breathing but nothing more, and it really surprises me there haven't been demonstrations, as he gets away with knowingly taking a team to the depths.

If he didn't know his stewardship and 'plan' ( If in fact he has one) would take us down, the he is a fool and shouldn't be near a football club ( in my humble opinion)
Barclay1

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Those who feel he is running the club well is because he is a money man. Take away his money and they would soon change their mind over him.

True Ian,

But listen he had lost a 3rd of his wealth before Covid and was going down hill fast.

Apparently he has now lost two thirds.

Also I expect him to win finally his first court case v Michael Isaacs hands down.

Then the next two Hmmm?

One 80 / 20 No

Then v Sam, I stand by this after what I have seen and read 100% Tan will lose.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:59 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:At last someone prepared to ask the hierarchy what is happening to our club, we need to know :thumbright: :bluebird:

In fairness a number on here have tried to do it, but there are those who will back him, for what im really not sure. He pays the bills. Granted, but 99% of other clubs owners do that.

If Tan wants a bigger return or a bigger sale value, then anyone can see that the way we are going our value is reducing week after week.

66% of OUR owners in the last 20 years didn’t pay the bills.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:02 pm

Blue78 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:I understand all the talk of a DOF, but with respect, our problems run a lot deeper than making such an appt.

A DOF when we still have an interfering board will be absolutely pointless.

Hang on? Do we have a board that have show interest or an interfering board?

Both can’t be true?

Nail on the head right there.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:04 pm

Blue78 wrote:

It is real. But it’s from the same guy who said Bale was gonna sign and/or Rambo and that with 20 games left our game v Peterborough is a relegation decider.

I would say I take what he says with a pinch of salt. But I wouldn’t even do that.
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

True Ian,

But listen he had lost a 3rd of his wealth before Covid and was going down hill fast.

Also I expect him to win finally his first court case v Michael Isaacs hands down.

Then the next two Hmmm?

One 80 / 20 No

I was told Sam had been paid off?
Bakedalasker

Postby Always City » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:05 pm

maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:At last someone prepared to ask the hierarchy what is happening to our club, we need to know :thumbright: :bluebird:

In fairness a number on here have tried to do it, but there are those who will back him, for what im really not sure. He pays the bills. Granted, but 99% of other clubs owners do that.

If Tan wants a bigger return or a bigger sale value, then anyone can see that the way we are going our value is reducing week after week.

Tans spoke woman has entered the room :lol:

Has tan paid all the debts , has he paid all the bills? We in court every few months for not paying previous people .

Go back in your tans pocket
Always City

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Yep 100% true. But at the moment he is keeping my club afloat and did last year when our incomings didn’t cover operating costs.

I had to check that post wasn’t a Sam Rean post then.

Take away his money and we would change our mind. Bloody hell thats the most obvious thing I’ve ever read.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:11 pm

Always City wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Has tan paid all the debts , has he paid all the bills? We in court every few months for not paying previous people .

When have we been in court for not paying HMRC?

When have we been in court for owing money to other clubs?

When have we had points deducted for FFP?

When have we come close to administration?

Spokeswoman? f**k off smart arsed prick.

There’s not one person who would say they are happy with how things are going at the moment but we have been far worse off multiple times in the last 20 years.
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:19 pm

maccydee wrote:
Always City wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

We have been under a transfer embargo under Tans rein.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:21 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Yep 100% true. But at the moment he is keeping my club afloat and did last year when our incomings didn’t cover operating costs.

Take away his money and we would change our mind. Bloody hell thats the most obvious thing I’ve ever read.

I try and make things simple for you Neil.

You mentioned above about the last 20 years. Well under Tan we are going back 20 years.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:22 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Always City wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Out of transfer windows which were all resolved by the transfer windows.

There isn’t one transfer window we haven’t signed players under Tan. Unfortunately there were too many transfer windows where we signed too many players and wasted lots of money but thats on Tan for trusting Malky, Ole and Warnock (football men) with his money.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I try and make things simple for you Neil.

You mentioned above about the last 20 years. Well under Tan we are going back 20 years.

Go on the Ian, indulge me. How so?

Name one area where we are worse off now than we were in January 2002?

That’s the season we failed to get promoted from league one, playing at Ninian Park.

Oh actually I will name one area. The craic was amazing. It was all new for us being the rich boys who spent big and we had massive away followings.

As I said in another post it was us not you when Sam was in charge of us. That was a good time to be a Cardiff fan.

But I don’t think you meant that in the slightest.
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:28 pm

We were League One then. Soon to return.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:32 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We were League One then. Soon to return.

Remains to be seen. Still 18th in the form table.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:40 pm

The last couple of seasons the parachute payments have kept us going NOT Tan.

12 years of the Muppets and we are in DEEP SHIT / THATS THE TRUTH & FACTS

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The last couple of seasons the parachute payments have kept us going NOT Tan.

12 years of the Muppets and we are in DEEP SHIT / THATS THE TRUTH & FACTS

Read the accounts, the parachute payments never covered the wage bill ,tans money 100% has and is keeping us going .the facts are that the last 12 years have been the most successful in our history. I'm sure the good times will come again with the new investment coming .stay up this season and this summer I got a feeling is going to be interesting.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:06 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Always City wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Out of transfer windows which were all resolved by the transfer windows.

There isn’t one transfer window we haven’t signed players under Tan. Unfortunately there were too many transfer windows where we signed too many players and wasted lots of money but thats on Tan for trusting Malky, Ole and Warnock (football men) with his money.

Totally agree.
wez1927

Postby Chris Holmes » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

True Ian,

Then the next two Hmmm?
One 80 / 20 No

Not sure of all the money involved for the court cases, but if he's going to lose a court case to Sam, surely the best deal in town is for Tan to sell to Sam and agree to drop the case, so Tan cuts his losses.
Chris Holmes

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:14 pm

Chris Holmes wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

True Ian,

Then the next two Hmmm?
One 80 / 20 No

Not sure of all the money involved for the court cases, but if he's going to lose a court case to Sam, surely the best deal in town is for Tan to sell to Sam and agree to drop the case, so Tan cuts his losses.

The club is worth alot more than if he loses a court case to Sam, sams had nearly 20 million in payments already can't be a hell of a lot owed any way, the original loan was only 24 million .
wez1927

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat