Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VINCENT TAN / MEHMET DALMON WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:51 pm

Wez1927 "the last 12 years have been the most successful in our history". The funniest quote I've ever read on this forum .pmsl.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:53 pm

skiprat wrote:Wez1927 "the last 12 years have been the most successful in our history". The funniest quote I've ever read on this forum .pmsl.

Why? He’s not far wrong.

Certainly recent history.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:20 pm

skiprat wrote:Wez1927 "the last 12 years have been the most successful in our history". The funniest quote I've ever read on this forum .pmsl.

Apart from the 1920s he has to be factually correct !!

You might not like the regime, you might not like the direction of the club, you might even want one of our failed previous owners to come back but I’d like to see your reasoning for why this last period isn’t the most successful?

Wembley, two promotions to the top flight, improved stadium, playoffs and not a single case threatening to put us out of business !!

I would say Wes has a point !!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:31 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

You might not like the regime, you might not like the direction of the club, you might even want one of our failed previous owners to come back but I’d like to see your reasoning for why this last period isn’t the most successful?

Wembley, two promotions to the top flight, improved stadium, playoffs and not a single case threatening to put us out of business !!

I’m glad the sensible lot have taken over this post.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:03 pm

maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

The success was built on the work done before Tan came here. Premier football was there for the taking and that is why Tan came in. His ego destroyed us becoming an established Premier team.

The only real success in real terms from Tan was Warnock who basically delayed us from being were we are now by 2 seasons.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:05 pm

The truth hurts the club bashers .tell me a more successful period? .

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:11 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

The success was built on the work done before Tan came here. Premier football was there for the taking and that is why Tan came in. His ego destroyed us becoming an established Premier team.

The only real success in real terms from Tan was Warnock who basically delayed us from being were we are now by 2 seasons.

You must be joking 2010 after the play off final loss tan took over ,that season we were in and out of court ,if he didnt come in we were going bust.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:

The truth hurts the club bashers .tell me a more successful period? .

1927.......1960's First Division Established......2000/2008 2 promotions plus an FA cup final.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

You must be joking 2010 after the play off final loss tan took over ,that season we were in and out of court ,if he didnt come in we were going bust.

Well that's a matter of opinion if we would have gone bust or not.

And besides we had to suffer the indignity of the Rebrand and roll on today we are on the verge of suffering a return to League One. You know the song "Its not where you start but where you finish".

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:21 pm

When you are truly successful you have an engaged and very happy fan base.

The team have had success on the pitch. Granted and accepted.

The club itself over the last 8/9 years, apart from when Warnock first got here has been fractured, has lost core support, and has torn itself apart with lawsuits, the red, players and managers confirming interference in team affairs, lack of fan engagement.

True success is built upon, ours, in the last few years has been obliterated.

It's what you do with success is the Important thing. So tell me, what have we done with our success? We're skint, throwing in kids to play a man's game, and fans and the board have never been further apart both in terms of engagement and miles.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:24 pm

The whole of the 1920s first Division club and in 3 major cup finals .the 1950s finished 10th in first Division. Are you really that ignorant of our clubs history?. The last 12 years we've achieved nothing comparable to that

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:27 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

If you really belief that, crack on.

But deep down you know that is far from the truth.

Do you really think Mackay would have got us up without Tan investing millions in players and paying off creditors ? He wasn’t very successful as a manager before or after us.

Do you ever consider that maybe Mackay was at least partly responsible for our Premiership demise for sending rascist and abusive texts about the very same owner (as well as others) who gave him a break and invested heavily in him ?

If you were Tan would you have taken that from one of your own employees ? I know I wouldn’t. Mackay got found out and paid the price, he didn’t get a penny out of the club and withdrew his Employment Tribunal case, hardly the action of an innocent man !!

What about adding the extra tier in the Ninian to get international football back ? I suppose that would have happened without Tan’s partial backing (funding also came from elsewhere) ?

This thread is like Monty Python’s Life of Brian. “What have the Romans ever done for us ?” you can deny Tan’s positive contributions but that doesn’t mean they didn’t happen !!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:31 pm

skiprat wrote:The whole of the 1920s first Division club and in 3 major cup finals .the 1950s finished 10th in first Division. Are you really that ignorant of our clubs history?. The last 12 years we've achieved nothing comparable to that

You are right about the levels 100 years ago, but Wez was talking about a sustained period and the 50s, 60s success was limited and sporadic at best.

So getting to the Premiership twice, a Carling Cup final and reaching the playoffs on s number of occasions is not success ? At the very least it’s the most successful period in 60 years even by your measure !!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:50 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Do you really think Mackay would have got us up without Tan investing millions in players and paying off creditors ? He wasn’t very successful as a manager before or after us.

Do you ever consider that maybe Mackay was at least partly responsible for our Premiership demise for sending rascist and abusive texts about the very same owner (as well as others) who gave him a break and invested heavily in him ?

If you were Tan would you have taken that from one of your own employees ? I know I wouldn’t. Mackay got found out and paid the price, he didn’t get a penny out of the club and withdrew his Employment Tribunal case, hardly the action of an innocent man !!

What about adding the extra tier in the Ninian to get international football back ? I suppose that would have happened without Tan’s partial backing (funding also came from elsewhere) ?

This thread is like Monty Python’s Life of Brian. “What have the Romans ever done for us ?” you can deny Tan’s positive contributions but that doesn’t mean they didn’t happen !!!!!!

Yes Tan made it very clear it was his money that got us promoted. It was nothing to do with Malky's management or the fact he brought a squad together that won us the Championship. Like him or not Malky will be the person known that really got us to the Premier and that is what Tan hates

The extra tier don't make me laugh. The tier that is a reminder of the Rebrand. Knock it down I say. If Tan was sincere and apologetic about the Rebrand he would have got rid of those red seat but no he keeps them there in place as a dig at us who did not support his image of what he wanted us to be. Same goes for that wiggle worm.

As far as the racism saga goes that was disappointing. Saying that just how bad was it really. guess we are not going to find out. Most people who know Malky found it difficult to believe he was like that. Something was said I will not deny but I would say it was not out of intention to hurt people. If so then why did the likes of Kimbo join him at Wigan?

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Yes Tan made it very clear it was his money that got us promoted. It was nothing to do with Malky's management or the fact he brought a squad together that won us the Championship. Like him or not Malky will be the person known that really got us to the Premier and that is what Tan hates

The extra tier don't make me laugh. The tier that is a reminder of the Rebrand. Knock it down I say. If Tan was sincere and apologetic about the Rebrand he would have got rid of those red seat but no he keeps them there in place as a dig at us who did not support his image of what he wanted us to be. Same goes for that wiggle worm.

As far as the racism saga goes that was disappointing. Saying that just how bad was it really. guess we are not going to find out. Most people who know Malky found it difficult to believe he was like that. Something was said I will not deny but I would say it was not out of intention to hurt people. If so then why did the likes of Kimbo join him at Wigan?

It’s ‘arguements’ like this that do no credit to the anti Tan narrative (which is a legit opinion to hold).

As I said earlier - he is accused of interfering but also paying no interest? Now it that the promotions were down to the managers, but relegation to League 1 would be down to Tan? It’s either all down to him or nothing is?

As for the red seats - if he spent money changing them to blue would you that have got you on board with him? Equally if he had spent money changing them to blue, would you have accused him of wasting money. But now you want him to spend money knocking it down, which might impact revenue as FAW could then take games to other grounds. Out of interest where in the ground do you sit?

The rebrand was sh*t. Nobody argues with that - but we’ve been back on blue for nearly 8 seasons after 2.5 off a complete cock up. Whether he wanted to change back or not (and there is no evidence to suggest he didn’t realise his error), he did change it back.

As for your point on racism - there aren’t degrees of it. If it was racist, it was racist. Some of the quotes were well documented at the time and if Malkay and his lawyers believed he had a case they would have fully pursued it. The fact they didn’t and that he has barely been able to get a job in football since should tell you everything.

As for dividing - how can someone who is apparently so silent and absent be responsible for dividing the fans? Suspect that others, including ourselves a doing a pretty good job of that more than Tan is.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:07 am

Replacing those seats would not effect the revenue.

Now if he got rid of any lingering rebrand then it would be a start BUT he hasn't and he is basically taking the piss.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:01 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Replacing those seats would not effect the revenue.

Now if he got rid of any lingering rebrand then it would be a start BUT he hasn't and he is basically taking the piss.

You literally said you want him ‘knock it down’… that would cost money and a lower capacity gives FAW opp to share Wales games around again, reducing revenue.

Where in the ground do you sit anyway? Unless you sit on them does it matter THAT much - of course in an ideal world they would always have been blue (or white), but it’s certainly not the first thing I’d even want any new owner to spend money on.

Despite what you might have convinced yourself, I very much doubt that he has kept them red just to ‘piss’ people off - economics is the far more practical, pragmatic and boring reason.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:14 am

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:26 am

Don’t know how people can defend Tan at the moment, sure it’s been a successful time since 2010 but only because we’ve been so shocking for 30 years before….if it wasn’t for Derby and reading points deduction we’d be going down to league 1. The guy has failed at running a football club and has only achieved a tiny bit of success by throwing money at it, usually in the wrong places. Terrible CEO’s, interfering in team selection, re branding etc….
When we did have a bit of success with malky, he blew it, same with NW by not backing him properly when we got promoted.
Time for him to move on as he can’t emulate Leicester, Burnely, Watford, Brighton, Fulham, Leeds, swansea, wolves, saints or palace by being able to sustain PL status when getting there…..

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:44 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I found your comments pretty astounding. So it’s OK to be racist if it not too bad, including making derogatory comments about the guy who’s paying your wages !! If you or I did that we would sacked, no ifs no buts.

If it wasn’t that bad why didn’t Mackay continue with the court action against us ? We didn’t even pay up his contract. The managers union is not normally averse to going to Tribunals but they were off like a shot as soon as they saw what direction this one was going in.

I won’t defend the rebranding, it was wrong and Tan has to take responsibility for that. However, if he is responsible for the poor decisions he must also take the credit for the stability and promotions otherwise your arguments fall on deaf ears because they are just one sided and bear no resemblance to fact or balance.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:05 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Based on that predictably moronic logic then our promotions were f**k all to do with Sam and were the sole responsibility of those who ‘put the squads together’ and out relegations were also nothing to do with Tan but the responsibility of those who ‘put the squad together’.

I could vector an A330 through your logic gaps mate.

You are such an intelligent bloke, switched on et all but when you talk about Tan it’s like someone takes over your posts and turns them into ga ga.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:23 am

goats wrote:Don’t know how people can defend Tan at the moment, sure it’s been a successful time since 2010 but only because we’ve been so shocking for 30 years before….if it wasn’t for Derby and reading points deduction we’d be going down to league 1. The guy has failed at running a football club and has only achieved a tiny bit of success by throwing money at it, usually in the wrong places. Terrible CEO’s, interfering in team selection, re branding etc….
When we did have a bit of success with malky, he blew it, same with NW by not backing him properly when we got promoted.
Time for him to move on as he can’t emulate Leicester, Burnely, Watford, Brighton, Fulham, Leeds, swansea, wolves, saints or palace by being able to sustain PL status when getting there…..

Goats,

Well said and you like I were their during the 70’s / 80’s & 90’s.

From day one Tan has not had a clue how to run our football club and he needs to go.

For the good of our club, their is an offer on the table now and to me , the position we are in he should accept.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:24 am

goats wrote:Don’t know how people can defend Tan at the moment, sure it’s been a successful time since 2010 but only because we’ve been so shocking for 30 years before….if it wasn’t for Derby and reading points deduction we’d be going down to league 1. The guy has failed at running a football club and has only achieved a tiny bit of success by throwing money at it, usually in the wrong places. Terrible CEO’s, interfering in team selection, re branding etc….

FFS what do you mean he didn’t back his managers in the PL? He did and both of those managers (and a recruitment lead under Malkay) wasted it on players that barely played or were just poor - under Warnock…Murphy, Reid, Smithies, Cunningham and Bacuna. That was north of £30m just on those.

Maybe he should have spent £100m like Fulham did and finished below us.

Nobody who ‘defends’ Tan, think that he is perfect. I can acknowledged many mistakes he has and continues to make (one being allowing his board to continuing employing crap managers who waste money) but those that have it on for him can’t see any positives or suggest any better solution.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:58 am

Blue78 wrote:

FFS what do you mean he didn’t back his managers in the PL? He did and both of those managers (and a recruitment lead under Malkay) wasted it on players that barely played or were just poor - under Warnock…Murphy, Reid, Smithies, Cunningham and Bacuna. That was north of £30m just on those.

Nobody who ‘defends’ Tan, think that he is perfect. I can acknowledged many mistakes he has and continues to make (one being allowing his board to continuing employing crap managers who waste money) but those that have it on for him can’t see any positives or suggest any better solution.

The better solution they propose is an ex owner who admittedly gave us some of the best times we have had as City fans but freely admitted to spending too much money which left us on the verge of administration meaning we had to sell our captain and best player for pittance. Then employed Riddler to sort the mess out which got us even deeper in the shit.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:00 am

See my post for Ian minus the switched on bit.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:02 am

Blue78 wrote:

Bang on

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Goats,

Well said and you like I were their during the 70’s / 80’s & 90’s.

From day one Tan has not had a clue how to run our football club and he needs to go.

For the good of our club, their is an offer on the table now and to me , the position we are in he should accept.

I believe the offer is only 40 million? ,that's not even enough to but 2/3rds of the stadium . Would you sell your asset for 30 to 50% of its value ? Tan will sell when it's the right time

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:18 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Based on that predictably moronic logic then our promotions were f**k all to do with Sam and were the sole responsibility of those who ‘put the squads together’ and out relegations were also nothing to do with Tan but the responsibility of those who ‘put the squad together’.

You are such an intelligent bloke, switched on et all but when you talk about Tan it’s like someone takes over your posts and turns them into ga ga.

Vector? Well work this angle out. Premier to League one. Your an ATC guy with your projector so it should be quite easy for you.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:25 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Vector? Well work this angle out. Premier to League one. Your an ATC guy with your projector so it should be quite easy for you.

Well Championship to league one it would be as thats where we were when he took us over.

Plus, we aren’t relegated yet. Almost February and haven’t been in the relegation zone and our form places is outside. Your argument of never in relegation zone used to support Malky also works here.

I know you are going to say your usual hypothetical about Derby and Reading but in the reality where they had not lost points we might have more points.

I wish our technology was as good as a projector.

Next!!!

You’re is the correct use their mate.

Their spelt incorrectly for shits and Giggs.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:37 am

2 points from 18 and you are saying our form places us outside the relegations. Right.

Besides having a crap projector your calculator is not working.

Is that the right use of "your"?