Right then, Millwall away....

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:53 am

48/49 years of following the club and this will be my first visit to Millwall.

Never really been concerned about going to Millwall, but, just like Loftus Rd, it has evaded me for some reason.

Having done approx 65 grounds in my time, those who have been to the old den and the new den, share your stories, what can I expect, what are the myths and legendary tales?
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Right then, Millwall away....

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:28 pm

Been to the old and new den,personally never had any problems, I did however go there in 1990 with West Ham (I worked in a West Ham pub at the time during university years) and that was running battles all afternoon,indeed very frightening at the time.
Plymuff Bloobird

Re: Right then, Millwall away....

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:05 am

Last time I went was 98, night match.. kicked off before the game outside, Police in quickly, quiet after that. Millwall waiting at London Bridge for stragglers after the game.. got back at 4am. Went in 86 for the FA Cup game.. bit lively also.
82’, they tried to attack Bennett on the pitch. Jumped in the away end also. Wasn’t at that one, was told by my brother.
rumpo kid

Return to General Chat