Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why are we so nice and Steve Morison is fuming

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:02 pm

STEVE MORISON:

Morison: “We are just so nice. I have to tell them to go and get the ball. They’re just standing there like, 'Oh we've lost again.' Come on. Go and leave a bit on someone. They are just booting balls into the stand thinking, 'That's alright, we've got another game next week'.”

“I am getting fed up of this and we need to change, I want and need more players.”

“I need backing from above and I need those that are playing for me to turn up.”

‘It hurts me for the fans and it hurts me for the football club, but it should hurt them a hell of a lot more than it hurts me. That's my question; does it hurt enough? It's just not acceptable, second-half performances like that.’
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Why are we so nice and Steve Morison is fuming

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:32 pm

STEVE MORISON:

"People will always look at team selection or tactics, the reality is if you don't do the job you're asked to do or employed to do by the football club then you're going to get beat." (sic - beaten...)

"I have to tell them to go and get the ball, they are just standing there like, 'Oh we've lost again.' Come on. Go and leave a bit on someone. Go and drag the ball off someone, make the goalie hurry up. They are just booting balls into the stand thinking, 'That's alright, we've got another game next week'."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:38 pm

I agree with him in part but picking 5 at the back every game is clearly not working. Conceded virtually every game . The defence today was shambolic. I think we need to stick with morison for the rest of the season. But everyone at the club needs a rocket up their arse

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:03 pm

Drop the 5 at the back formation NOW. You are playing square pegs in round holes. Take some responsibility.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:05 pm

Steve Morison is right it appears a lot of players today looked like they couldn't be bothered to break sweat but it's up to you Steve if you keep picking players who are not giving a f**k why should they.

I 've been thinking about similar teams we had in my nearly 60 years of watching the City and I was thinking season 1973/74, the season Scoular got sacked and Frank O' Farrell took over. One of the first things he did was to sign a 5'4'' midfielder who took no shit off anyone called Willie Carlin. He put not just effort and determination but leadership into every game and he dragged the rest with him.

Willie Carlin was a LEADER and Steve Morison needs to find one and fast.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:14 pm

Steve’s saying what has been apparent for a number of years.. let Mehmet sort it out, that’s his job.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:59 pm

I find some of Morison's post match comments a bit weird.

I know he said he takes the blame, then seemed to blamed the players for not trying. before when he called out Isaac Davies and he's made some other seemingly divisive comments. Fair enough - but he can only play this a few times. As before he will know it - players tend to give up, not play for the manager etc.

Then he and we are in serious trouble. A 'Leader' is someone who is supposed to take people with them, someone who players want to play for. Maybe he's not quite the messiah we hoped he was ?

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:03 pm

Most of the players we have now know they're on the way out and obviously don't give a f**k. Their attitude seems to be "oh we're losing again, oh well won't be my problem soon". No manager in the history of football could get this (mostly) shower of shit playing like they care no matter who they are.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:45 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Most of the players we have now know they're on the way out and obviously don't give a f**k. Their attitude seems to be "oh we're losing again, oh well won't be my problem soon". No manager in the history of football could get this (mostly) shower of shit playing like they care no matter who they are.

These group of players have contributed to the last 2 seasons poor /shite performances. They saw off NW, NH,MM and now perhaps SM.
They need to take a long and hard look at themselves. Paid more than most of us earn in decades.
Id not keep 1 of them im afraid. Id even make a point of paying a few off today , like we did Tomlin.
1 common denominator in this lot and thats the players who have week in week out not performed.

and to think we let Sol go

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:51 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Steve’s saying what has been apparent for a number of years.. let Mehmet sort it out, that’s his job.

Dalman couldn’t fix a broken light bulb. He’s the last person we need to sort it out. The sooner Dalman and his non football people disappear and are replaced by people who know how to run a football club the better.
Sadly it’s not happening any time soon.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:57 pm

Someone should hudson what is he doing to recitify we seem to be getting worse at the back

i agree with morrison where is the fight i nearly kicked the tv in yesterday.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:45 pm

Morison can only blame the players for so long. At some point he needs to accept that his team selection and tactics are wrong. He's blaming the players but then picking the same ones for the next game.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:06 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Most of the players we have now know they're on the way out and obviously don't give a f**k. Their attitude seems to be "oh we're losing again, oh well won't be my problem soon". No manager in the history of football could get this (mostly) shower of shit playing like they care no matter who they are.

Spot on. There is more truth in this situation of players out of contract than posters on here realise.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:58 pm

City slicker27 wrote:Morison can only blame the players for so long. At some point he needs to accept that his team selection and tactics are wrong. He's blaming the players but then picking the same ones for the next game.

Tell me, who else would you pick? We aren’t blessed with good players any more. Everyone asking for 442 seems to also be forgetting that we got rid of all of our wingers as well.