Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We lost battles all over the pitch today. - What next?

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:07 pm

For me we were a very poor 2nd to a Bristol City team who won their battles when they needed and on turnover just ripped new arseholes into our shocking defence. You have to ask why it is Sean Morrison cannot walk into that team after his performance against Preston.

We are a shower on and off the pitch and our inability to keep a clean sheet WILL see us relegated in my opinion. Fair play to Watters he took his goal well and Isaac Davies did offer some pace and stretch them. Doyle looks a player and was clear man of the match for us.

I hope the club are already looking for a new head coach and get whoever it is early because this close season is going to be massive for us. Of the players out of contract this summer on today's performance I don't see a case for keeping any of them.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: We lost battles all over the pitch today. - What next?

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:36 pm

castleblue wrote:For me we were a very poor 2nd to a Bristol City team who won their battles when they needed and on turnover just ripped new arseholes into our shocking defence. You have to ask why it is Sean Morrison cannot walk into that team after his performance against Preston.

We are a shower on and off the pitch and our inability to keep a clean sheet WILL see us relegated in my opinion. Fair play to Watters he took his goal well and Isaac Davies did offer some pace and stretch them. Doyle looks a player and was clear man of the match for us.

I hope the club are already looking for a new head coach and get whoever it is early because this close season is going to be massive for us. Of the players out of contract this summer on today's performance I don't see a case for keeping any of them.

Yep massive reset coming this summer. I don't want to see any of these out of Contract players here next season.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:40 pm

Gary as usual a very true statement of how we played today.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:41 pm

If we have a new manager lined up for the summer , let him come in now.
Sad to say Morrison is just not up to it, his perseverance of 5 at the back is bewildering.
In all honesty id rather see new owners come in, with some enthusiasm for us.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:56 pm

castleblue wrote:For me we were a very poor 2nd to a Bristol City team who won their battles when they needed and on turnover just ripped new arseholes into our shocking defence. You have to ask why it is Sean Morrison cannot walk into that team after his performance against Preston.

Gary, spot on again... :clap:

Strong rumour has it there is a 'new man' already lined up for next season. No idea who or why not now?

For the first time, I am questioning Steve Morison's ability to produce results rather than performances and a 'firefighting' appointment until the end of this season should now be under consideration

We cannot blame the 'Committee', as the vast majority (players included, which may be a hint in hindsight) wanted the man currently in the firing line...

Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:05 pm

Morrison needs to come back in. He’s a leader and an organiser. We are rudderless. Ralls is a runner and we miss him when he doesn’t play. But he’s no captain.

We need to abandon this 3 man defence.

They still don’t seem to know what they are doing man for man. We only played well with it when we had Bennett as an outlet down the left.

We don’t have nearly enough attacking players. We still have the same apparent midfield set up with 3 sitting ish players. But we have one less attacker.

Under warnock yes. We were direct. But when the ball went forward we had 3 dangerous front players. Hoilett also did his defensive duties well.

We may as well bring Murphy back because he would at least have 10 players behind him now if he loses possession!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:27 pm

Sven wrote:

Strong rumour has it there is a 'new man' already lined up for next season. No idea who or why not now?

For the first time, I am questioning Steve Morison's ability to produce results rather than performances and a 'firefighting' appointment until the end of this season should now be under consideration

We cannot blame the 'Committee', as the vast majority (players included, which may be a hint in hindsight) wanted the man currently in the firing line...

Chris I thought Morison was the right man and fair play to the man he has tried to change the way we play but results are as hard to find as they have been ALL season. In my opinion trying to play out from the back with our CB, any of them, is fraught with danger as they are ALL what I would describe as "Head it, kick it block it" type CB asking them to play a passing game leads them eventually straight to the scene of the car crash. Today is a perfect example.

Move forward from the CB and our CM are more likely to give the ball away or pass sideway of backwards, Vaulks, Pack, Ralls are all much of a muchness, although Ralls does in fairness try to drive us forward but his technical ability lets him down.

Move forward and our forwards are lightweight and lacking pace and all in all it's a recipe for disaster. Without Sean Morrison we lack a leader and without Keiffer we lack the target we desperately need in our forward line. In short the spine of the team is weak at the moment ans sad to say results are inevitable and rarely positive.

Steve Morison is on a hiding to nothing and maybe this next week will tell us if he can get us out of the mire we have found ourselves in after all this has been his first transfer window so lets hope he can get the players he feels we need.

No more 3 CB for me it's costing us do as MM did back 4 with a player in front of them, Whittingham in his case, to reveive the ball and get us moving forward. But have we got that player?

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:32 pm

Sven wrote:

Possibly the new manager’s current club would need some compensation now but not so in the summer? Just a guess.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:03 pm

So then the usual ccfc chaos then?. No club philosophy.silence from the hierarchy .A new manager and a strong possibility of being relegated to league one

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:00 pm

To Tan we are a Burger bar nothing less, nothing has changed or will change. All on here realize this without sounding pompous,
unfortunately that is the reality of the world. :banghead:

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:09 pm

No spirit. Disorganised. Their third goal was one of the worst calamities i've seen in a long time.? Time for change.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Yep massive reset coming this summer. I don't want to see any of these out of Contract players here next season.

Not often I agree with you but said the same to my mates today I wouldn’t give a single one of them a new contract and the fact none have signed elsewhere already tells you many other clubs wouldn’t either

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:43 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

I agree these players in particular are letting the club down with the contract situation.
I would like to see Ralls kept on as he’s decent at this level, does a job and always gives everything.

The rest can go including Moore.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:31 pm

castleblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris I thought Morison was the right man and fair play to the man he has tried to change the way we play but results are as hard to find as they have been ALL season. In my opinion trying to play out from the back with our CB, any of them, is fraught with danger as they are ALL what I would describe as "Head it, kick it block it" type CB asking them to play a passing game leads them eventually straight to the scene of the car crash. Today is a perfect example.

Move forward from the CB and our CM are more likely to give the ball away or pass sideway of backwards, Vaulks, Pack, Ralls are all much of a muchness, although Ralls does in fairness try to drive us forward but his technical ability lets him down.

Move forward and our forwards are lightweight and lacking pace and all in all it's a recipe for disaster. Without Sean Morrison we lack a leader and without Keiffer we lack the target we desperately need in our forward line. In short the spine of the team is weak at the moment ans sad to say results are inevitable and rarely positive.

Steve Morison is on a hiding to nothing and maybe this next week will tell us if he can get us out of the mire we have found ourselves in after all this has been his first transfer window so lets hope he can get the players he feels we need.

No more 3 CB for me it's costing us do as MM did back 4 with a player in front of them, Whittingham in his case, to reveive the ball and get us moving forward. But have we got that player?

Spot on great post :thumbup: