NEXT SEASON?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEXT SEASON?

Postby montyblue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:57 pm

I really have' nt a clue where we are doing or ehere we are going
vincent tan and the board should come out and make some sort of statement

We have a team in freefall we have players out of contract who will be gone and we have loan players also who could be gone

there is going to be one hell of a rebuild and i don' t see the point of getting rid of the manager and bringing in another we did this with mc'carthy

but very disappointed with dalhman choo and tan not saying a word to the fans about where we are going

Perhaps they will show there faces at anfield.
montyblue

NEXT SEASON?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEXT SEASON

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:01 pm

I agree that the silence is deafening.
If someone came out and said ‘the reason we’re doing this is…. The reason we’re unable to do that is…,, the plan is etc. people would be a little more inclined to be patient maybe.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby dazza » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:02 pm

We need to bring in a new manager now, we know Morison is only here till the end of the season and as the experiment of giving him the job has failed a new man needs to look at the squad and start building plans for league 1 football.
dazza

Postby montyblue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:27 pm

Perhaps there should be protests towards the board like at other clubs birmingham today

Do the board really care whether we go down or not

I was watching norwich the other night at watford and even "delia smith" was showing how it should be done wrapped in the freezing cold with a norwich scarf around her neck

Fair play to her

its a pity none of our board show an apperance

I can only remember vinny in our colours when we got promoted taking all the plaudits.
montyblue

Postby fred keenor » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:36 pm

The results say it all about our boards intentions.
Presiding over the worst set of results in our 110 year history.
The worst defence in the whole of the football league.
Vincent Tan will get the club he deserves and that is a league 1 club.
The supporters as usual will be the ones who have to watch this debacle , our board wont thats for sure.
fred keenor

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:45 pm

Its obvious to me what the club, that being the board, want. They want a cheap squad simple as that.

I don't know where they are getting their advice from but the way they are going getting their cheap squad will see us go down. I wonder if they think that will happen and further more do they care.
Bakedalasker

Postby fred keenor » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Its obvious to me what the club, that being the board, want. They want a cheap squad simple as that.

I don't know where they are getting their advice from but the way they are going getting their cheap squad will see us go down. I wonder if they think that will happen and further more do they care.

The current board and their policies will see us lower than league 1. Last time we were relegated from this division, the board had similar lack of investment.
We slipped straight thro to league 2.
fred keenor

Postby montyblue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:01 pm

FRED KEENOR

Its so frustrating for fans they do there bit week in week out trying to help the team over the line
and i will be there next sunday

But the board seem to have cut us adrift
Giving us a few loans is about all we can exspect and might even loose moore yet
although he has been a non event this season
and ironically "dany ward "
Has just scored his 9th goal of the season so far for the udders.
montyblue

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:01 pm

The board don't select three centre halfs
The board don't continually select Pack to sit (literally) in front of the above even though a clean sheet is a cruel joke
The board didn't continually select Bacuna
llan bluebird

Postby montyblue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:08 pm

LLAN BLUEBIRD

Agree with what you say tactically
but the board do sanction what quality we can have within the team by what funds are available and we are stuck with players like vaulks pack bacuna who are not going to change a game apart from dropping a b.ll.ck.
montyblue

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:15 pm

montyblue wrote:LLAN BLUEBIRD

Agree with what you say tactically
but the board do sanction what quality we can have within the team by what funds are available and we are stuck with players like vaulks pack bacuna who are not going to change a game apart from dropping a b.ll.ck.

I don't really care if we do go down, we need a reset, and if we stay up there may be another season like this, but with kids trying to make their name rather than over paid bloated pro's on the downgrade.

Bigger clubs have started their rebuild in L1 and end up in challenging for promotion to the premier league.

I just wish Tan would get rid of those two chancers Dalman & Choo and employee a Director of football and never use a manager again
llan bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:18 pm

The bottom line is as a team we are not good at scoring enough plus we are not good enough defending and our mid-field is -at best - ordinary. Painful to say ….. but nevertheless it is the truth.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby montyblue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:19 pm

LLAN BLUEBIRD

Agree again
apart from relagation and going down the same road as the likes of brentford is going to take one hell of a rebuild.
montyblue

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The bottom line is as a team we are not good at scoring enough plus we are not good enough defending and our mid-field is -at best - ordinary. Painful to say ….. but nevertheless it is the truth.

However. I stand by that we are much better than we are showing. Simple errors and most of all the formation we are playing!!
jimmy_rat

Postby montyblue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:23 pm

Unfortunatly as it is
the league table does' nt lie the teams at the top are the teams with the money fulham bournmouth etc.
montyblue

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:52 pm

Oh dear, Monty...

Let's get this season out of the way first, shalle we...???? :roll:

Forever Blue makes the valid point that our strikers, Keiffer included, are letting us down big time; but that is for now not later ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The bottom line is as a team we are not good at scoring enough plus we are not good enough defending and our mid-field is -at best - ordinary. Painful to say ….. but nevertheless it is the truth.

The bottom line is that we a poor team and deserve to be where we are in the table at the moment.

Morison’s team selections confuse me though as he’s dropping players who play well.

Personally I still believe we have enough to stay up this season.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Re: NEXT SEASON?

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:46 pm

Maybe Morison is dropping players who are playing well.

There is also factual history, Ben Turner interview, that says that Tan has a big influence over team selection. Turner went on to say that Tan chose who played and who didn't.

As such the possibility remains that he continues to do so.

Am happy to be corrected if this interview, and the comments didnt take place.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:50 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Maybe Morison is dropping players who are playing well.

There is also factual history, Ben Turner interview, that says that Tan has a big influence over team selection. Turner went on to say that Tan chose who played and who didn't.

Do you genuinely believe at least one (and probably two) of our recent managers allowed Tan to select their teams from 8,000 miles away? :shock:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:41 pm

According to Ben Turner, there was definately one I'm guessing.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby montyblue » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:43 pm

SVEN
whats your problem now? like a broken record can we we not talk about next season unless you say so ?

i am worried about this season as well as next but your off again moaning about what i say just ignore me if i post something
hopefully then it will not get on your tits and i won' t have to read you moaning about what ever i post whatever the topic is
montyblue

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:57 pm

Sven wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Maybe Morison is dropping players who are playing well.

Do you genuinely believe at least one (and probably two) of our recent managers allowed Tan to select their teams from 8,000 miles away? :shock:

Get a grip, Monty; I'm as entitled to an opinion as a poster, too! ;)

I just think you're jumpung the gun a bit and I stated it. Have a look at my other posts (if you can be bothered) and yiu will see I agree and/or disagree with people on the merits of what they write and not personality, as I don't know lots of them, including you

Being able to separate is (I believe) what makes us different and I'll not be 'ignoring' you or anyone else just because we disagree on occasion (or a lot in our case)

Of course, you have an equal prerogative... ;) :occasion5:
Sven

Postby stickywicket » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:01 am

NEXT SEASON? There's 20 games left this season for fcuk sake.
stickywicket

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:27 am

stickywicket wrote:NEXT SEASON? There's 20 games left this season for fcuk sake.

Totally agree! :thumbup:

Seems some posters have given up the ghost but I can't mention Monty, as he only likes one way traffic... ;)
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:09 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I agree that the silence is deafening.
If someone came out and said ‘the reason we’re doing this is…. The reason we’re unable to do that is…,, the plan is etc. people would be a little more inclined to be patient maybe.

In my opinion 62r, he has said the plan is to make us a sustainable club?as for next year? Tbh I'm just concentrating on this one!!
I dont believe morison will be here nxt yr, regardless of where we finish up,its a big step up for morison tbf,and his appointment was greeted rather well by most on here at the time, things have improved aome on the pitch, but he is hamstrung with the squad McCarthy decimated of pace and creative players, in an effort to implement his "not lose" style of football, to try and save his pwn neck! We all know that failed, but poor morison os left with the same options? To set up not to lose!! If he doesn't change things formation wise in the next few games, then we are in trouble, but ill wait and see who else may be signed? And hope we can turn it around.
Remember the old days, where the fans got right behind a flailing cardiff city, proper do or die support? Win, lise or draw,the fans gave their full backing, seems them days are a distant memory in the modern era! Ots win, or they dowm tools so to speak? I'll stock with steve & the squad he was left, as I was happy enough at his appointment, and I see a new man in place next season, however this one goes.CCFC. Hope your well mate?
bluesince62

Postby Blueberry Jam » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:59 am

Statement required from Tan with regard to his intensions for Cardiff City FC ASAP.
Blueberry Jam

Postby fred keenor » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:52 am

Blueberry Jam wrote:Statement required from Tan with regard to his intensions for Cardiff City FC ASAP.

No need for a statement, his actions are delivering the message to all of us.

I fully expect him to sell the club when we are struggling next season in league 1 and his asset is probably worthless . at least to the money he he has wasted.

To think there were marches against Risdale, against the Red, and now the board get an easy ride, with the press oblivious or afraid to write anything contradictory of the board.
fred keenor

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:55 am

bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I agree that the silence is deafening.

In my opinion 62r, he has said the plan is to make us a sustainable club?as for next year? Tbh I'm just concentrating on this one!!
I dont believe morison will be here nxt yr, regardless of where we finish up,its a big step up for morison tbf,and his appointment was greeted rather well by most on here at the time, things have improved aome on the pitch, but he is hamstrung with the squad McCarthy decimated of pace and creative players, in an effort to implement his "not lose" style of football, to try and save his pwn neck! We all know that failed, but poor morison os left with the same options? To set up not to lose!! If he doesn't change things formation wise in the next few games, then we are in trouble, but ill wait and see who else may be signed? And hope we can turn it around.
Remember the old days, where the fans got right behind a flailing cardiff city, proper do or die support? Win, lise or draw,the fans gave their full backing, seems them days are a distant memory in the modern era! Ots win, or they dowm tools so to speak? I'll stock with steve & the squad he was left, as I was happy enough at his appointment, and I see a new man in place next season, however this one goes.CCFC. Hope your well mate?

I’m hoping that it’s going to be another carbon copy of the year we had Russel Slade (bare with me) in that someone (cheap) has been brought in while we effectively get rid of the dead wood or ‘expensive’ dead wood to leave a fairly blank canvas for the next manager. All this whole sorting ffp.
There’s whispers that we’ve got a new manager lined up for next season so here’s hoping.
bluebirdoct1962

Return to General Chat