Warnock

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock

Postby Brezza » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Until end of season just to keep us up. If we don’t we will go down. Our defence is weak and slow. We MUST play 442.
Brezza

Warnock

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Warnock

Postby montyblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:34 am

BREEZA

It seems the lack of replies to your post looks like nobody's is thinking than warnock is the answer to getting us out of the sh.t pit we find ourselves in

the only thing you could positively say about warnock is he brought everybody together and we are a million miles away from that now
And he loved the fans
montyblue

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:47 am

Wherever NW has been he has worked wonders... for a period of time.

He was amazing for us, but left at the right time. Some say he should have left when we got promotion, but he deserved his chance.

As much as I love NW, its a difficult one. Its not necessarily the leadership, but the personnel they have to work with. Saying that, He has worked with a lot of the team.

If I knew it was only until the end of the year, I'd probably say yes to simply galvanize.

Trouble is, he probably wouldnt want to walk back into a mess with less than half a season to go.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby castleblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:05 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Wherever NW has been he has worked wonders... for a period of time.

He was amazing for us, but left at the right time. Some say he should have left when we got promotion, but he deserved his chance.

As much as I love NW, its a difficult one. Its not necessarily the leadership, but the personnel they have to work with. Saying that, He has worked with a lot of the team.

If I knew it was only until the end of the year, I'd probably say yes to simply galvanize.

Trouble is, he probably wouldnt want to walk back into a mess with less than half a season to go.

He did at Rotherham when they had about 10 or so games left and kept them up. An SOS to him may not be such a bad shout.

I bet he would bring the points home from Middlesbrough. ;)

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby nubbsy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:23 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Wherever NW has been he has worked wonders... for a period of time.

Actually that's kind of his thing!
nubbsy

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:09 pm

Wow!
Incredible fair play.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:25 pm

?

That's just an opinion, like all of my stuff.

Thank you, but I'm not sure why that's incredible.
Barclay1

Postby CantonStandBob » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:35 pm

Sorry but as much as I loved Warnock at the time he isn't the answer here. We are finally moving away from the football he made us play and the style he bought players in to suit which has now crippled us years later paying off flops like Bacuna, Vassell and even Tomlin.
We would revert back to lumping it forward and undo any good that we have done the past few months. Yes that seems laughable as we have had a shocker with results but we are playing much better football and in time the results will come we can't go back to lumping the ball forward again and I am confident we will stay up although admittedly less so than I was a month ago.
We need to stick to what we are doing and should never go backwards.
CantonStandBob

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 pm

Barclay1 wrote:?

Apologies, I meant it’s incredible because it’s one of the first posts I’ve seen from you that is neither negative or slagging off the club.

And it’s one of the first posts from you that I agree with.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:08 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:Sorry but as much as I loved Warnock at the time he isn't the answer here. We are finally moving away from the football he made us play and the style he bought players in to suit which has now crippled us years later paying off flops like Bacuna, Vassell and even Tomlin.
We would revert back to lumping it forward and undo any good that we have done the past few months. Yes that seems laughable as we have had a shocker with results but we are playing much better football and in time the results will come we can't go back to lumping the ball forward again and I am confident we will stay up although admittedly less so than I was a month ago.
We need to stick to what we are doing and should never go backwards.

I tend to agree as I’m one of the biggest advocates on here for playing better and ‘proper’ football but with so many players out of contract at the end of the season then that’s the time for a reset.

Warnock short term and similar to what he did for Rotherham yes.
Warnock for any longer then absolutely no.

It’s all hypothetical anyway I think.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:27 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Apologies, I meant it’s incredible because it’s one of the first posts I’ve seen from you that is neither negative or slagging off the club.

Then I'm glad.

Contrary to very popular opinion, I'm not always negative, but at the moment there is nothing to be positive about in respect of the team I love.

I'll contiue my rants against the regime, because I'm passionate about where I see the club going wrong. Am sure you wouldn't expect me to do anything else.

If we sat down, you'd find we agree on much more than you think.
Barclay1

Postby Blue78 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:44 pm

One thing is looks like Morison could do with some help on is is man management skills (judging by his press conferences).

Maybe there is a role for Warnock - not as first team manager but someone to have in and around the dressing room to create that fight that Morison says in missing.

Not sure how, but something needs to happen to inject some life into the team.
Blue78

Postby montyblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:51 pm

Barclay 1
I have wrote a few shockers according to some
someone always things i write cr.p whatever the topic
but
OriginalGrangeEndBlue tends to be about the fairest on the forum
montyblue

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:27 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Then I'm glad.

Contrary to very popular opinion, I'm not always negative, but at the moment there is nothing to be positive about in respect of the team I love.

I'll contiue my rants against the regime, because I'm passionate about where I see the club going wrong. Am sure you wouldn't expect me to do anything else.

If we sat down, you'd find we agree on much more than you think.

Whilst noe ALWAYS negative, you cannot help but have a dig at the oenet, icluding here! THE REGIME! we are not in a communists grip for gods sake! But i guess ut goes with tan the "dictator"?
bluesince62

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:15 pm

In my opinion, the way the club is run, and the way it's supporters treated, yes, It feels like a Regime.
Barclay1

Return to General Chat