Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY IN TODAYS LOCAL DERBY WERE TORN APART

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:23 pm

My VIEW / OPINION:

CARDIFF CITY IN TODAYS LOCAL DERBY WERE TORN APART IN THE 2ND HALF & DESERVEDLY LOST.

Cardiff before today had been without a win for 5 league games & now it’s 6.

I feel for the Cardiff away support who magnificent through out :bluebird: :bluebird:

UNBELIEVABLE THAT WE ARE BEING GRATEFUL DERBY LOST TODAY.

Tommy Doyle for me was man of the match by a mile :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Bright side is Max Watters scored for Cardiff :bluebird:

Our defence is still awful making some awful mistakes once again.

Very very worrying.

Steve Morison was fuming at Mark Harris for not getting stuck in and off the pace at times.

First-half: Even stevens, continual balls in to the box from Doyle just want Cardiff were missing, then bang Doyle put the ball in and James Collins scored his 3rd goal in 30 appearances, but with in 2 mins very very sloppy defending by Cardiff Bristol City made it 1-1. Bristol City took control and Flint had to stop the ball going in on the line. Bristol just edged it.

Second-half:CARDIFF WERE SLOPPY & TORN APART & DESERVED TO
LOSE / AWFUL.

BRISTOL CITY 3 CARDIFF CITY 2 :cry: :cry: :cry:
Crowd
Away Support 2,250 ( sold out)
H-T 1-1

First 30mins even stevens

Collins was booked for a heavy challenge on Kalas.

GOAL! Bristol City 0-1 Cardiff City (Collins 31)
GOAL! Collins!

Pinpoint, whipped cross from Tommy Doyle and James Collins throws himself at it and buries the header! :bluebird:
:bluebird:

2 mins later: :cry: :cry:
GOAL! Bristol City 1-1 Cardiff City (Martin 33)
Goal! Robins hit back straight away down the other end.

Awful defending :cry:
The ball is played beyond the backline and Flint does his best to dispossess Weimann, but Nelson's poor clearance falls straight into Martin's path and he bends it around Smithies and into the net. :cry: :cry:

Steve Morison was fuming with Mark Harris

Steve Morison with a rather angry scream at Mark Harris there. Ducked out of one or two tackles in the last few minutes and has been a bit off the pace, all told.

Martin denied!

His header was past Smithies but Flint came around and boots it off the line.

H-T 1-1

Bristol tore Cardiff's defence apart :cry: :cry:

GOAL! Bristol City 2-1 Cardiff City (Martin 63)
Goal. Martin again.

Massengo's ball draws out McGuinness and Martin plays a quick one-two with Semenyo before smacking it low and hard past Smithies.

65mins:Doyle off, Wintle on.

Collins off, Watters on.

Cardiff Carved open once again.

73rd: McGuinness off, Davies on.

GOAL! Bristol City 3-1 Cardiff City (Weimann 77) :cry: :cry:

And another. 3-1.

Drameh gets into a tussling match with Semenyo and there's only one winner there. He slots in Weimann down the left before the forward belts it past Smithies

Watters got one back 3-2, but to late :cry: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY IN TODAYS LOCAL DERBY WERE TORN AP

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:26 pm

The first team head coach is nowhere near the level we need.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:28 pm

Its obvious our problem is the defence. Don't know what to say atm except they are going to be the reason we will go down.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:28 pm

Its obvious our problem is the defence. Don't know what to say atm except they are going to be the reason we will go down.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:29 pm

llan bluebird wrote:The first team head coach is nowhere near the level we need.

Your sadly right.

But most of us backed him including me, but he is out of his depth.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:29 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Its obvious our problem is the defence. Don't know what to say atm except they are going to be the reason we will go down.

Ian,

Defence is shocking and has been all season.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:31 pm

Unbelievable that we are grateful Derby lost.

Unbelievable that we are grateful Derby lost.

As i have said before its time for tan to bite the bullet but it looks like he sticking 2 fingers upto getting us out of this shit pit.

Forever Blue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:The first team head coach is nowhere near the level we need.

Your sadly right.

I was all for his chance, but he is way out of his depth and Hudson appears to be offering no improvement to the woefully inept defence

ralls by far the best city player today.

flint at fault for all 3 goals and nelson not good enough

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:35 pm

UNBELIEVABLE THAT WE ARE BEING GRATEFUL DERBY LOST TODAY.

Big Hill Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Your sadly right.

I was all for his chance, but he is way out of his depth and Hudson appears to be offering no improvement to the woefully inept defence

Sadly right on both accounts

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Its obvious our problem is the defence. Don't know what to say atm except they are going to be the reason we will go down.

Cant blame morison too much imho, mick McCarthy left him with a squad bereft of pace and any creativity, he has to play what he has been left with, its a big step up for players, and in truth him.and hudson was brought in for what exactly? As we make the same errors every week, the long throw has to be ditched! We lose possession 90% of the time, and ot often leads to fast breakaway goals against us, like today again! Now harris must be dropped and watters given a chance, did more in his cameo, inc a goal.

Ian,

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:37 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cant blame morison too much imho, mick McCarthy left him with a squad bereft of pace and any creativity, he has to play what he has been left with, its a big step up for players, and in truth him.and hudson was brought in for what exactly? As we make the same errors every week, the long throw has to be ditched! We lose possession 90% of the time, and ot often leads to fast breakaway goals against us, like today again! Now harris must be dropped and watters given a chance, did more in his cameo, inc a goal.

Ian,

I dont blame McCarthy either, we are in this mess due as you guessed the men at the top, Our board.
Thats where the buck stops.

We keep blaming previous managers, who employs them and who over see's everything Our Board / Committee

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:38 pm

montyblue wrote:As i have said before its time for tan to bite the bullet but it looks like he sticking 2 fingers upto getting us out of this shit pit.

Tan has to say the truth and speak out, plans for our future

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:39 pm

For me we were a very poor 2nd to a Bristol City team who won their battles when they needed and on turnover just ripped new arseholes into our shocking defence. You have to ask why it is Sean Morrison cannot walk into that team after his performance against Preston.

We are a shower on and off the pitch and our inability to keep a clean sheet WILL see us relegated in my opinion. Fair play to Watters he took his goal well and Isaac Davies did offer some pace and stretch them. Doyle looks a player and was clear man of the match for us.

I hope the club are already looking for a new head coach and get whoever it is early because this close season is going to be massive for us. Of the players out of contract this summer on today's performance I don't see a case for keeping any of them.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:40 pm

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:41 pm

castleblue wrote:For me we were a very poor 2nd to a Bristol City team who won their battles when they needed and on turnover just ripped new arseholes into our shocking defence. You have to ask why it is Sean Morrison cannot walk into that team after his performance against Preston.

We are a shower on and off the pitch and our inability to keep a clean sheet WILL see us relegated in my opinion. Fair play to Watters he took his goal well and Isaac Davies did offer some pace and stretch them. Doyle looks a player and was clear man of the match for us.

I hope the club are already looking for a new head coach and get whoever it is early because this close season is going to be massive for us. Of the players out of contract this summer on today's performance I don't see a case for keeping any of them.

Gary as usual spot on.

Please can you copy and paste and do it as your own topic :thumbright:

castleblue wrote:For me we were a very poor 2nd to a Bristol City team who won their battles when they needed and on turnover just ripped new arseholes into our shocking defence. You have to ask why it is Sean Morrison cannot walk into that team after his performance against Preston.

Gary as usual spot on.

Please can you copy and paste and do it as your own topic :thumbright:

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ian,

A lot of truth there and its going to take a lot of hard work to correct this shambles. We are going to have a busy summer preparing for our survival in League One

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:43 pm

Hopefully 3 teams being worse than us (points deduction included) will be the reason we’ll stay up.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Your sadly right.

Have to say I am losing faith in Morison. Started quite well but maybe that was new manager effect now seems to be slipping into being an old fashioned sheepskin coat relying on tried and trusted failures who are letting us down time after time. Starting to think we are going down.

Granted he inherited a poor team but the contrast of what new managers have done for Forest and Middlesbrough is stark. Perhaps he just needs more time perhaps he is just out of his depth. Would have been happy with mere competence but he is not even delivering that at the moment.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:45 pm

montyblue wrote:As i have said before its time for tan to bite the bullet but it looks like he sticking 2 fingers upto getting us out of this shit pit.

Do you seriously think he’s thinking ‘sod it, I can’t be arsed’. He’d lose loads by dropping a division.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Tan has to say the truth and speak out, plans for our future

Agree 100%

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:08 pm

HARRIS rubbish run around like a headless chicken DOYLE class. Pack useless tried to cripple players RALLS Never has Been. FLINT Gets slower every game back to Hoof ball. MORISON got it wrong thought MCCARTHY was back. HOPE we get GILES back. Got to get in right or we are in trouble, Allowed to be out played by a poor team today.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:10 pm

Said it before and got shot down.

Is he learning?

Same mistakes every week.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:34 pm

Bristol City Fan:

Rich Herbert:

Yeah I think we played the better football not looking good for cardiff annis I got to say that one of the most worst side I seen down ashton gate and your fans deserve better

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:35 pm

MikeP wrote:HARRIS rubbish run around like a headless chicken DOYLE class. Pack useless tried to cripple players RALLS Never has Been. FLINT Gets slower every game back to Hoof ball. MORISON got it wrong thought MCCARTHY was back. HOPE we get GILES back. Got to get in right or we are in trouble, Allowed to be out played by a poor team today.

Mark Harris is League 2 at best and our club knows that but he is cheap

Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:12 pm

The bottom line is as a team we are not good at scoring enough plus we are not good enough defending and our mid-field is -at best - ordinary. Painful to say ….. but nevertheless it is the truth.