Morison out of his depth

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Morison out of his depth

Postby dazza » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:23 pm

I was all for giving him a chance when we got rid of Big Mick but you have to say the experiment has failed big time.

With his stubbornness to stick with 5 at the back I can only see relegation on the cards.

It's time now to get rid of him and bing in a new manager who can look at the squad and start planning for life in league 1 and if anyone thinks we will piss that league just look how long Sunderland have been there trying to get up. It could be a very long time before we see championship football again.
dazza

Morison out of his depth

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Morison out of his depth

Postby davids » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:53 pm

Three major mistakes today

1. Sticking to a back 5 that is obviously failing spectacularly
2. Picking Pack instead of Wintle
3. Taking off Doyle who was the only one of midfielders who looked to play the ball forward when he was in possession
davids

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:56 pm

Let’s just say his impact has been very minimal and it’s definitely not working.

He looks more and more out of his depth with each passing game.
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:00 pm

Because he refuses to change anything!!!
jimmy_rat

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:07 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Let’s just say his impact has been very minimal and it’s definitely not working.

He looks more and more out of his depth with each passing game.

And each interview.
nubbsy

Postby wez1927 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:14 pm

dazza wrote:I was all for giving him a chance when we got rid of Big Mick but you have to say the experiment has failed big time.

With his stubbornness to stick with 5 at the back I can only see relegation on the cards.

It's time now to get rid of him and bing in a new manager who can look at the squad and start planning for life in league 1 and if anyone thinks we will piss that league just look how long Sunderland have been there trying to get up. It could be a very long time before we see championship football again.

Got to agree with you ,the style of football is better but he definitely not getting the best out of these players and this 3 centre backs aint working at all ,there's no width coz the wing backs aint getting forward.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby fred keenor » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:20 pm

NH persisted with 5 at the back and we al know how that ended
fred keenor

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:49 pm

Absolutely, he is well out of his comfort zone but wat is the solution.?
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:00 pm

Just watched the 'highlights' - anyone who was at the game - was the defending as amateurish as it looked on TV ?
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Tuggi » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:49 pm

I think he’s on a bit of a lose lose situation, but all I’d say is even though we are still losing games, we are in them. He’s had a few months taking over a struggling team and having to fill it with youth.

Our loan signings look spot on, if we get Giles back then realistically 5 at the back could work with him and Drameh, at the moment nobody looks like scoring. We have no midfielder chipping in with goals outside the box to give our strikers space to move. But for some stupid mistakes at the back we would have had more points, it’s going to be what decides if we stay up or go down.
Tuggi

Postby Danny Says » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:00 pm

davids wrote:Three major mistakes today

1. Sticking to a back 5 that is obviously failing spectacularly
2. Picking Pack instead of Wintle
3. Taking off Doyle who was the only one of midfielders who looked to play the ball forward when he was in possession

Go back to 4-4-2.
Why why why play a back 5 when the 3 centre backs aren’t anywhere near good enough to play the system and 2 full backs who don’t play as wing backs???????
What the heck does Hudson do in training???
Just take out one centre half and add one more to midfield - Doyle Colwill Ralls and anyone other than Pack Vaulks and Bacuna (none of those 3 are anywhere good enough). Ideally a winger but we haven’t got one.
Moore & Watters up top.
Harris was terrible today. Collins is largely anonymous- why why why does Smithies punt it up to him????

We so miss a Wilson and Tomlin and even Hoilett. Someone who can create something.

I despair at how poor we’ve become.
Danny Says

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:15 pm

The Manager is only an employee, and the Owner is where the buck starts and stops. SM was doomed from the day he started.
He may well be out of his depth, along with Vincent and the players...
rumpo kid

Postby stickywicket » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 pm

This weeks transfer window is immense.We need to get a few out and a few in.Get Keiffer firing again and hope for the fcuking best.
stickywicket

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:54 am

rumpo kid wrote:The Manager is only an employee, and the Owner is where the buck starts and stops. SM was doomed from the day he started.
He may well be out of his depth, along with Vincent and the players...

Yes, an employee that is paid to grt results! Mick McCarthy took/sold/loaned out any pace we had, plus left no creativity!!whoever came in was left with a poor, lopsided squad!
Some of yhe senior players need a f@cking kick up the arse too, we are poor, but they are as much at fault, if tan was out of his depth, we would be in deep trouble, as are a few teams already, people moan we not signing players, we sign 2, and possibly more to come, but it aint good enough cos tan aint throwing money at it?
bluesince62

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:28 am

If he is playing effectively 5 at the back then how come we conceded 3 easy goals yesterday ? , watching the highlights they made the defence us look like a pub team in the sunday league.

You would have thought that with 5 at the back we would most have clean sheets or one goal against us in most matches.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:57 am

He comes across extremely amateurish and always looks completely out of his depth in interviews.

He constantly picks on the youngsters but I’ve never heard him name check a senior pro. Almost like a school yard bully.

Get rid of him sooner the better.
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby Danny Says » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:49 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:He comes across extremely amateurish and always looks completely out of his depth in interviews.

He constantly picks on the youngsters but I’ve never heard him name check a senior pro. Almost like a school yard bully.

Get rid of him sooner the better.

I’d be happy to see him ditch the likes of Pack Flint Collins and the other OAPs and play the youngsters. We lose every game with these journeymen who should be put out to pasture, so what’s the downside?
Danny Says

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:40 am

Wonder what his next excuses will be :banghead:
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:59 am

dazza wrote:I was all for giving him a chance when we got rid of Big Mick but you have to say the experiment has failed big time.

I'm starting to get concerned, the defence seems to be getting worse, we should be able to pull away but week after week we are giving stupid goals away leaving a gap just in front of the centre halves and allowing the opposition time to slot it wherever they want?
Bluebina

Return to General Chat