Are we going down?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Are we going down?

Postby City slicker27 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:42 pm

When morison came in and the performances improved, I expected an improvement in results to follow. I think even a top manager would struggle to get this squad consistently winning but morison definitely should have picked up more points by now, even if by drawing more games. Setting up with 3 CBs is killing us, particularly when pack is played in front of them. I think we need to revert to a back 4 and win the battle in midfield with an extra man in there.

As things stand, if morison continues to set us up like he has been, I think we'll be relying on teams around us to continue to drop points to stay out of the bottom 3. We won't be able to climb the table if we keep conceding goals. This season could hinge on who else we bring in and what players leave. We need Moore fit and firing.
City slicker27

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby castleblue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:19 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
castleblue wrote:We have 11 games against teams in the bottom half of the table and in my opinion if we are to save our Championship status that's 11 cup finals. 50 points is normally the safety point but I think it will be much lower this season maybe even as low as 42 because like us there are some teams which are also pants.

We need to win the majority of those 11 games to have ANY chance of staying up.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I can't see us winning the majority of those games. Really cant.

We have Barnsley and Peterborough coming up soon. That will be pivotal to everything. Lets see.

I agree I wonder just where the next win will come from but 6 wins will give us 41 points and a couple of draws who knows. Barnsley, Peterborough, Reading and Derby twice are real 6 pointers.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Crayfish » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:29 pm

Think we will just stay up more due to Barnsley and Peterborough being worse and Derby and Reading having points deducted. In a normal season we would almost certainly go down. If we do go down I suspect we won’t be back for a few seasons.
Crayfish

Postby goats » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:05 pm

If we don’t ge5 results v Barnsley and Peterborough I reckon we will go down, we probably deserve too in all honesty. Your only as good as your owner hey….one day a billionaire will come along and take us to the PL have no fear…. :old: :lol: :banghead:
goats

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:00 pm

Crayfish wrote:Think we will just stay up more due to Barnsley and Peterborough being worse and Derby and Reading having points deducted. In a normal season we would almost certainly go down. If we do go down I suspect we won’t be back for a few seasons.

Absolutely agree with this.
I think we have enough to stay up.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:10 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:Yes, very likely and we deserve it too. This is the worst season in living memory. Next month will decide our fate as its the games against teams around us that count. I have now lost faith in Morison.He's changed the style but he hasn't sorted the defence and today we were second best.

You must be very young if you see this as the worst season in living memory or not supported city that long Not a good season but far from the worst season we have ever had

Agree. I remember being a few places off relegation from the old 4th division when Hibbit was in charge; plus the dreaded Durban years. :old:

I have to agree, this season for me has been the worst in living memory. Its more than just the league position.

For the first time ever, this year, Ive simply not wanted to go to games, when we have lost there has been a resignation way before the final whistle.

Yes, we have been lower, but when has EVERYTHING gone sour all at once. Fury at the board, continuous poor appointments, no money, when there should be some, poor quality play, poor quality players, little effort,no communication, no excitement at things like pre season or transfer windows,dwindling crowds, poor home atmosphere... and being told expect more of the same next year.

Nobody at the club has a clue how to get a tune out of anyone else, board to manager, manager to players, players to crowd.

The only people playing their part are the crowd. I've done my fair share of away games. But if we do our bit, the regime will just assume we back their disastrous running of the club

The Hibbitt and Neal years were far worse and had all the elements you have mentioned above Crowds down to under 3000 for games as well

Fair enough, but for me there was still a draw to get to the games, and the excitement that when the whistle first went, we were always in with a chance to win.

I remember the Osman, Neal, Hibbit days. Cadman, Durban, Graham Williams ( remember him), Jack Leonard trying to dismantle what the late Bob Grogan had built up.

Things, for me anyway, are worse now, because we expect, and shpuld expect more, having flirted with the Premier League.

We have no right to EXPECT anything! You have a very obvious bee in your bonnet regarding tan, and thats your prerogative i guess.
Fury at the board? From a few yes, and usually the same ones tbf, there should be money? Well last yr was our last parachute payment, which was swallowed by wages mostly, due to club paying players in full, no furlough claimed! And we had no match day income at all, yet unlike some clubs, we have trimmed our cloth so as NOT to fall foul of ffp rules, we could not just keep splashing stupid money, or we would be trul screwed!
Anyway, we will survive in my opinion, by how much i dont care tbh, then we will replace morison, and a new man will be able to mould his own squad, and not be stuck with players he dont rate, or didnt choose himself, and the club having to either sell at loss, or pay up a contract AGAIN!
bluesince62

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:52 am

Peterborough at home is a crucial win for us, think we will lose to Forest but we must beat Peterborough, if we lose that then I will start worrying :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:58 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Peterborough at home is a crucial win for us, think we will lose to Forest but we must beat Peterborough, if we lose that then I will start worrying :bluebird:

Have to agree there.
bluebirdoct1962

Previous

Return to General Chat