Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT: 'BAT OUT OF HELL' SINGER MEAT LOAF DEAD

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:07 am

Meat Loaf dead: 'Bat Out of Hell' singer dies aged 74

Grammy award winning singer Meat Loaf, real name Michael Lee Aday, died on Thursday night. The news was confirmed in a statement on Friday by his longtime agent Micheal Greene.

He told Deadline the singer and actor had died with his wife Deborah by his side.

Michael also shared how his daughters Pearl and Amanda were able to spend time with their father before his death.

In a statement, his family said: “We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: OT: 'BAT OUT OF HELL' SINGER MEAT LOAF DEAD

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 am

Great entrtainer, saw him live at cardiff castle many moons back, had all access passes, front row seats!! But on meeting him backstage, found him to be a proper arsehole tbh! Proper diva behaviour, and rather shitty attitude to his MINIONS!!
the show was superb, but as for him in person!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:41 am

Sven wrote:Meat Loaf dead: 'Bat Out of Hell' singer dies aged 74

Grammy award winning singer Meat Loaf, real name Michael Lee Aday, died on Thursday night. The news was confirmed in a statement on Friday by his longtime agent Micheal Greene.

He told Deadline the singer and actor had died with his wife Deborah by his side.

Michael also shared how his daughters Pearl and Amanda were able to spend time with their father before his death.

In a statement, his family said: “We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man."

Was going to post this but you took the words right out of my mouth.

I think his name was actually Marvin Lee Aday rather than Michael but I realise that's a mistake made in the original article.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:06 am

Saw him at Knebworth supporting Deep Purple with a broken leg.

RIP Meat Loaf.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:25 am

It is a matter of taste really, poor man is dead but I would rather listen to a Mark Drakeford speech than listen to this mid Atlantic dirge, never got it really. RIP

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:16 pm

theclaw wrote:Saw him at Knebworth supporting Deep Purple with a broken leg.

RIP Meat Loaf.

That was Deep Purples come back tour, I didn’t go but I loved going to Knebworth in the 70’s.

Saw Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, etc.
Great days.

We’re you around then?

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:43 pm

'If I die, I die, but I'm not going to be controlled': Meat Loaf, 74, said he was 'scared to death' of COVID but railed against masks in haunting interview five months before dying 'from the virus'

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:02 pm

RIP Meat Loaf.

Was about to post the same. Great days.

Another rocker gone.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:31 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

RIP Meat Loaf.

That was Deep Purples come back tour, I didn’t go but I loved going to Knebworth in the 70’s.

Saw Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, etc.
Great days.

We’re you around then?

I’ve done 3 Deep Purple,Queen and the Nordoff Robins silver clef gig which Floyd topped the bill.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:38 pm

stickywicket wrote:'If I die, I die, but I'm not going to be controlled': Meat Loaf, 74, said he was 'scared to death' of COVID but railed against masks in haunting interview five months before dying 'from the virus'

He died "with" not "of" covid, he had other serious health issues besides.