Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEXT UP! UPDATED ( More signings )

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:05 am

Two more signings coming in next week and they are both attacking players assuming all goes to plan,
Also two players going out if that pans out.
I can't see it happening but the club are expecting a bid for Moore if Traore is sold, I am not sure if Giles coming here would be part of that, apparently there is a lot going on.

Also Morison is defintely thinking about bringing Whyte and Murphy back, by the sound of it he wants lots of bodies here.
I believe the thinking is we will lose a lot more money than their wages if we were to be relaegated.

All this info is from a reliable source, but things do change all the time as city have found in the past.
Tomorrow i am going for a 2-1 win for us, nobody told me this :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Re: NEXT UP!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:17 am

Are these the same 2 you said we signed in summer?

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:29 am

CF11 Rondo wrote:Are these the same 2 you said we signed in summer?

Wait and see; but the source on this report is reliable in that City are closing in and expect (more than hope) at least two deals to be completed in the coming days..

What you don't seem to appreciate from the summer is that the (so called) Committee pulled the plug on more than one agreed deal but, to be fair, none had been 'signed' at point of collapse (that would be breach of contract)

Re: NEXT UP! ( More signings )

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:33 am

Giles coming back and maybe Sam Greenwood?

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:48 am

Let's hope Wolves have made their mind up over Giles. Be nice to him in before tomorrow!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:01 am

Sven wrote:

Wait and see; but the source on this report is reliable in that City are closing in and expect (more than hope) at least two deals to be completed in the coming days..

What you don't seem to appreciate from the summer is that the (so called) Committee pulled the plug on more than one agreed deal but, to be fair, none had been 'signed' at point of collapse (that would be breach of contract)

Still don’t understand the so called bit before committee some put. Always found that strange.

I don’t think even Barclay can have a pop at the way this window will have gone if we do get a couple more in. To think it was said we wouldn’t sign anyone, even on loan.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:11 am

If we can get 4 new players in, in total and all have been signed to go straight Into the 1st team, then this will be more than a half decent window.

I will be disappointed though if we sell Moore and are using the multi million pounds raised to fund the borrowing of 4 players.

The latter of course may not happen, and the 2 more signings may not happen.

Let's hope it's 4 ( or more as we need bodies at least) in, and none out.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:22 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Still don’t understand the so called bit before committee some put. Always found that strange.

I don’t think even Barclay can have a pop at the way this window will have gone if we do get a couple more in. To think it was said we wouldn’t sign anyone, even on loan.

Neil, in my case it's just a jocular referral to no one really knowing who makes the decisions, i.e. is it a team thing or an individual thing?

I suppose it depends whether it goes good (teamwork) or bad (all Tan's fault) but my personal opinion is that Vincent Tan is advised mainly by the politician and makes decisions (good or bad) largely based on his advice

Not a 'fan' of Dalman these days and would like to see him replaced by someone with football proper knowledge; a big benefit to all with the best interests of the club at heart, including the owner

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil,

We get rid of some loans before we bring in new loans , we are so skint it’s unbelievable and that’s because of 12 years of bad management from the top.
In high debt, squad virtually worthless and in serious trouble near the bottom of the Championship and one of our worst home runs for 30 years and a record breaking run of defeats under Tan in over 120 years and Neil thinks we are run well :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil,

We get rid of some loans before we bring in new loans , we are so skint it’s unbelievable and that’s because of 12 years of bad management from the top.
In high debt, squad virtually worthless and in serious trouble near the bottom of the Championship and one of our worst home runs for 30 years and a record breaking run of defeats under Tan in over 120 years and Neil thinks we are run well :lol: :lol:

Derby, Reading, Bristol, Birmingham fans would give their right arm to be so badly run as us !!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:02 am

Igovernor wrote:Left wingback and striker ;)

Peterborough striker? :!:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil,

I mean we aren’t Derby are we? Or Reading? Or selling our captain two days before the weekend to pay wages.

Have we ever been run well?

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:32 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil,

Derby, Reading, Bristol, Birmingham fans would give their right arm to be so badly run as us !!!!!!

This.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:32 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Left wingback and striker ;)

Peterborough striker? :!:

Andrew he has two years 5 months left on his contract so a fee would have to be paid, so I do not think he will be coming to us, but as this is city, never say never :lol:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:41 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil,

Include stoke, and imho a couple more by seasons end, and you are right, for some though it doesn't matter, we should just splash the cash, and even if we signed gareth bale & ramsey it would not be good enough.
Whenever we sign a player, instead of being happy, they take the opportunity to have a pop at tan, 12 yrs, no ambition,too many youngsters in the squad, and the usual rhetorical remarks about the "committee" roll out.
Instead of being happy, that even though we werent signing ANY new players, we are, they use the opportunity to have the usual pop at tan?? I feel for him tbh, he cant do right for doing wrong, and sadly, until he eventually leaves, this will continue for some! We could do the treble under tan, but it still wouldnt appease some.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:47 am

https://www.walesonline.co,uk/sport/foo ... 401802.amp

Never been well run. Sold to avoid administration. Finished 16th that year.

This might well end up being a better season than that performance wise and off the pitch too.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:24 am

I can ever remember us being well run or not operating on a loss in my time watching city I am not a great fan of Tan or do i have a great dislike of him But he has delivered 2 seasons in the top division that i thought i would never see in my time When Kavanagh was sold any little hope i thought we had disappeared
So yes it is not perfect and yes this is a tough season for us and not great at the moment Has city ever been different

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:31 am

Abergavenny wrote:I can ever remember us being well run or not operating on a loss in my time watching city I am not a great fan of Tan or do i have a great dislike of him But he has delivered 2 seasons in the top division that i thought i would never see in my time When Kavanagh was sold any little hope i thought we had disappeared
So yes it is not perfect and yes this is a tough season for us and not great at the moment Has city ever been different

I’m becoming less of a Tan fan the more silence that comes from him. If he said why we are cutting then fans would know why and could understand it. I believe it’s for FFP reasons but he hasn’t said that so it’s a guess.

On the contrary the article I posted above, Sam clearly says I overspent, I have to sell Kav or we will be in administration. We don’t have the money to be a solvent club as things stand. He also said it hurts him greatly which I believe and that he wanted the fans to come together for the club.

That weekend I was meant to be duty at RAF Valley. I begged a colleague to cover my Saturday for me, I drove down Saturday morning to go to the sheff utd game and drove back that night. Honesty made me do that. I truly felt I was doing my bit.

That’s the difference between Sam and Tan really.

With Sam it was us, with Tan/Dalman it’s you.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:42 am

maccydee wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:I can ever remember us being well run or not operating on a loss in my time watching city I am not a great fan of Tan or do i have a great dislike of him But he has delivered 2 seasons in the top division that i thought i would never see in my time When Kavanagh was sold any little hope i thought we had disappeared

I’m becoming less of a Tan fan the more silence that comes from him. If he said why we are cutting then fans would know why and could understand it. I believe it’s for FFP reasons but he hasn’t said that so it’s a guess.

On the contrary the article I posted above, Sam clearly says I overspent, I have to sell Kav or we will be in administration. We don’t have the money to be a solvent club as things stand. He also said it hurts him greatly which I believe and that he wanted the fans to come together for the club.

That weekend I was meant to be duty at RAF Valley. I begged a colleague to cover my Saturday for me, I drove down Saturday morning to go to the sheff utd game and drove back that night. Honesty made me do that. I truly felt I was doing my bit.

First 2 lines, totally agree.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:45 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Not the rest?

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:47 am

At the start of this window is ‘absolutely certain’ that we wouldn’t bring any players in - even last week we don’t have the money to bring Doyle in.

We have 1 first team player out as his club called him back (but we might get him back) and two players in who will go straight into the first team. Both appear to be promising and addressing issues in the first team that needed addressing.

Given the expectation at the start of the month was so low, hard to see why there wouldn’t be anything other than positivity for what has been done so far.

Will say it again though - plenty of money has been spent over the years and of course some has been spent badly but we have been in a global pandemic for the last two years and 95% of clubs are cutting their cloth accordingly. Those that haven’t are going to feel it if they haven’t already.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:54 am

Blue78 wrote:At the start of this window is ‘absolutely certain’ that we wouldn’t bring any players in - even last week we don’t have the money to bring Doyle in.

We have 1 first team player out as his club called him back (but we might get him back) and two players in who will go straight into the first team. Both appear to be promising and addressing issues in the first team that needed addressing.

Given the expectation at the start of the month was so low, hard to see why there wouldn’t be anything other than positivity for what has been done so far.

Will say it again though - plenty of money has been spent over the years and of course some has been spent badly but we have been in a global pandemic for the last two years and 95% of clubs are cutting their cloth accordingly. Those that haven’t are going to feel it if they haven’t already.

Cutting our cloth accordingly.

Wouldn’t it be brilliant if this sustainability went alongside Tan completing the debt to equity?

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:11 am

maccydee wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Not the rest?

I didn't read the article but I totally agree that Sam, and pretty much all our owners / CEOs we've had since I've been supporting City have had major faults of some kind - some worse than others. Wright brought the team / club / fans back from oblivion and so did Sam. Sam I believe wanted too much too soon and needed someone to steady him.
I also look at Reading and Derby and realise things are not as bad as they could be.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:15 am

bluesince62 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil,

Include stoke, and imho a couple more by seasons end, and you are right, for some though it doesn't matter, we should just splash the cash, and even if we signed gareth bale & ramsey it would not be good enough.
Whenever we sign a player, instead of being happy, they take the opportunity to have a pop at tan, 12 yrs, no ambition,too many youngsters in the squad, and the usual rhetorical remarks about the "committee" roll out.
Instead of being happy, that even though we werent signing ANY new players, we are, they use the opportunity to have the usual pop at tan?? I feel for him tbh, he cant do right for doing wrong, and sadly, until he eventually leaves, this will continue for some! We could do the treble under tan, but it still wouldnt appease some.

I see the word 'Splash the cash' being bandied again. Ridiculous. Just shows you dont read posts properly.

If Tan wins the treble? OK, so accept there are those who think that if Tan takes us down the leagues, loses crowds, makes us uncompetitive, and stubbornly refuses to sell there will still be the obvious few who think the sun will shine out of his backside.

It's called opinion and is all equally valid pn this forum.

Let's not bash or make fun of posters. It just deepens the divide.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:35 am

Under Tan:

Despicable Rebrand beyond / broke the hearts of many diehards / 2 promotions / 2 shocking relegations / A board who have NO care in the world for our fans or club / All live away / Silence from them ALL / Worst ever run of results in 120 years of our history / 12 years / 11 managers / 6 CEO'S / Lost every court case / more court cases to come / highest ever debt in our history / Now in yet another relegation battle / crowds getting lower No faith in our club / Value of our squad virtually worthless, it gpes on and on

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil,

Stadium fully paid for ,all debt owed to our owner not to some mysterious company ,1st class facilities all over South wales ,most successful period in our history in the last 12 years ,things are so bad ay :lol:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:43 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil,

Stadium fully paid for ,all debt owed to our owner not to some mysterious company ,1st class facilities all over South wales ,most successful period in our history in the last 12 years ,things are so bad ay :lol:

Stadium was already fully paid for.

We shall see how this debt ends.

Lets wait for these facilities.

12 years of waiting for youngsters to come through and they threw 10 in and look where we are in the league.

Success followed by 2 relegations.

Previously we had two promotions from the Dungeon league and NO relegations & NO Despicable Rebrand.

AS STEVE MORISON STATED THE TABLE DOES NOT LIE / PLUS EVEN MORISON IS NOT PLAYING HARDLY ANY OF TANS KIDS HE HAS DEMANDED US TO PLAY EVEN IF NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

AND WHERE ARE WE TODAY????

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil,

12 years of waiting for youngsters to come through and they threw 10 in and look where we are in the league.

Previously we had two promotions from the Dungeon league and NO relegations & NO Despicable Rebrand.

AS STEVE MORISON STATED THE TABLE DOES NOT LIE / PLUS EVEN MORISON IS NOT PLAYING HARDLY ANY OF TANS KIDS HE HAS DEMANDED US TO PLAY EVEN IF NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I can guarantee the stadium was not totally paid for Having family who’s company were part of the building the stadium they were not finally paid for there, work which went into many millions until around 2012. That is fact the company was offered free box to help towards the payment as well

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:57 am

Abergavenny wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil,

I can guarantee the stadium was not totally paid for Having family who’s company were part of the building the stadium they were not finally paid for there, work which went into many millions until around 2012. That is fact the company was offered free box to help towards the payment as well

Im not going to go in to full detail yet again, BUT GUY / HALL / Borley / RIDDLER ALL DID VERY WELL OUT OF IT.

City then had to giving the catering away to pay for a lot of things, plus as you say free box's etc etc

SOME OF THESE PEOPLE ARE THE ONES WHO MADE BEYOND £MILLIONS OUT OF OUR CLUB / YET NEVER GET SLATED.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil,

The stadium was never fully paid of before tan paid pmg amd other companies off and fully paid for the extension. We even owed money to the laundry company before tans money paid everything off .short memory you got annis ,every Tom dick abd Harry was owed money in South wales after the stadium build from ,the kitchens companies and all the fit out companies ,I personally know a bar fitting company that was owed 500k and tan paid them off with a cheque when he took over , its night and day compared to previous regimes,