How cash strapped is Cardiff City?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Ninian27 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:40 am

Issac Vassell making £9100-£9500 a week. 473k-494k a year. At the end of his contract he will have made £1,419,600-£1,482,000 pre tax. He's only played 89 minutes of football since he's joined the club.

Let's just remember how cash strapped the club are, who signs these contracts of and agrees all this?
Years if the same old shit and now we struggle to even get loan players, it’s a sorry state
Attachments
EB8BF0EA-82FF-4B25-A888-CE8A32973887.jpeg
EB8BF0EA-82FF-4B25-A888-CE8A32973887.jpeg (87.92 KiB) Viewed 3114 times
Ninian27

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: How cash strapped is Cardiff City?

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:45 am

The same guy with the crystal ball on his desk.

Not doubting we've signed some dross. But there's been some good uns too. As per most clubs.

And as for struggling for loans... We had Harry Wilson last year. Probably the best player in the league.

I would rather our club exists within it's means. If that means a few seasons of mediocrity, so be it. Things are going to get worse for clubs around us. Look at Derby, paying for the very mistakes you appear to want us to make!!

Water the money tree someone...
jimmy_rat

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:58 am

jimmy_rat wrote:The same guy with the crystal ball on his desk.

Not doubting we've signed some dross. But there's been some good uns too. As per most clubs.

And as for struggling for loans... We had Harry Wilson last year. Probably the best player in the league.

I would rather our club exists within it's means. If that means a few seasons of mediocrity, so be it. Things are going to get worse for clubs around us. Look at Derby, paying for the very mistakes you appear to want us to make!!

Agree with all that, particularly your comment about the strange statement that we are struggling for loans !!

Not just Wilson last season but also Ojo who did OK for us.

This season Giles was very good, and may well be coming back, Drameh looks a decent signing and, if he comes, Doyle would be what we need.

Still need Giles and Doyle confirmed though.
piledriver64

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:10 pm

We were told that he was a crock of cr@p before some bell end decided to sign him and give him a 3 year deal. No clause in the contract that stipulated he needed to play football in order to get all of that wage.

He is not a professional footballer on the grounds that in order to be called that - you actually need to play some football.

I feel sorry for Tan - imagine anyone having to give someone £1,400,000 especially when they havent in any way shape or form actually provided anything in return for it.

Who was or is in charge of players / contracts / terms and conditions needs to go for a long walk somewhere else. If I'd have done that in my work I'd be down the road a long time ago.

Vassell needs to find another career that doesnt involve having to attempt at playing football , that way he would have a chance of success.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Blue78 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:35 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:We were told that he was a crock of cr@p before some bell end decided to sign him and give him a 3 year deal. No clause in the contract that stipulated he needed to play football in order to get all of that wage.

He is not a professional footballer on the grounds that in order to be called that - you actually need to play some football.

I feel sorry for Tan - imagine anyone having to give someone £1,400,000 especially when they havent in any way shape or form actually provided anything in return for it.

Who was or is in charge of players / contracts / terms and conditions needs to go for a long walk somewhere else. If I'd have done that in my work I'd be down the road a long time ago.

Vassell needs to find another career that doesnt involve having to attempt at playing football , that way he would have a chance of success.

Of all of the signings this is the most frustrating one for the point you mentioned - we (Warnock) knew his injury and recovery record but took a stupid risk as I assume at the time we had ‘money’.

It’s not the players fault clearly and we are assuming there isn’t, but there have to be clauses in place to allow clubs to recover or lower wages. In many jobs people simply get stat sick pay and whilst I wouldn’t go that far, the league/PFA should find a plan that creates footballs version of that. It wouldn’t be appropriate in all instances, but it is crazy that we might have spent that much money on a player who hasn’t even played a full game for us.

It’s not just the salary either - the investment we would have to put in getting these players fit becomes an additional cost.

This is what I meant the other day, where I hoped that COVID meant all stakeholders (Leagues, clubs, PFA) would use it as an opportunity to reset for the long term health of the game.
Blue78

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:13 pm

I know it's not Vassells fault - but obviously he doesnt have a bone of contrition in his (injury prone) body.
As you say 1,400,000 could have been so so much better spent. Spent on the academy, could have paid the wages of more coaches, allowed us to bring on more kids in the hope of making them squad players.

Vassell will limp off into the sunset - knowing full well that he never has to work again. Ironically he has never had to work for the £1,400,000 either. No club will take him on - other than a pay per game relationship - Im sure he must be aware of that
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby maccydee » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:52 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:We were told that he was a crock of cr@p before some bell end decided to sign him and give him a 3 year deal. No clause in the contract that stipulated he needed to play football in order to get all of that wage.

Completely agree with most of that.

The debt is significant as Tan has trusted three managers who spent badly. However, with Warnock at least he proved himself worthy of that by some of his free transfer signings the summer we went up.
maccydee

Postby JulesK » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:55 pm

Does anyone actually know if Vassel is taking a full wage if any?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:01 pm

You don't need a crystal ball, you need his medical records. This signing should never have happened given his record.
nubbsy

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:37 pm

nubbsy wrote:

You don't need a crystal ball, you need his medical records. This signing should never have happened given his record.

Jack,

We very rarely agree, but his injury record was awful and Brum fans could not believe we had bought him.
I said at the time , he is injury prone, badly, hopefully Committee will see that , Hmmm?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:03 pm

nubbsy wrote:

My reply isn't about Vassell. It's about the title of the thread...

How cash strapped are we?

I agree about him and he comes under the 'dross' I mention. However, your seem to think all our loans and transfers are shit. That simply isn't the case.

But to answer the original question more simply. Yes, we are skint.

To add, nowhere near as badly as others.
jimmy_rat

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Jack,

We very rarely agree, but his injury record was awful and Brum fans could not believe we had bought him.
I said at the time , he is injury prone, badly, hopefully Committee will see that , Hmmm?

I remember warnock "purring" at the time, praising the player, ive been after him a while etc, sorry, but a lot of warnocks dealings when here, come under the banner of a bit dodgy to me, average players on big money, and long contracts!!the list is long, especially the big money signings imho.I truly believe sweeteners, and backhanders were the norm under him, as to proving that,it is hard, but if people are truthful, and not blinkered by promotion, a hard look at his "dealings" in the transfer market, shows he had the same agent as a fair few signings.
Before anyone has a go, I accept he brought the club together again, and got us up,but he is as guilty, if not more so, than the comittee of putting us in the posistion we find ourselves in, adding in MCCARTHY and his decimation of the squad before getting booted, its not hard to see, they were the "football brains and experience " on the comittee, and were probably if not definitely,given too much sway, regards players coming in, and Those that were allowed,or told to leave.MM especially, as he was told to pick those players to leave, loan out, his choices imho were wrong on all levels.left us paceless, and totally devoid of any creativity, Poor morison has had to work with what mm left!!now we have a few loans in, lets see us survive this year, then re set in the summer, as dont forget morison was only given until seasons end,which is why imho, if there was any money to actually buy any permanent signings, it wont be given to him, if the club are repkacing him come summer??
bluesince62

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Jack,

I remember warnock "purring" at the time, praising the player, ive been after him a while etc, sorry, but a lot of warnocks dealings when here, come under the banner of a bit dodgy to me, average players on big money, and long contracts!!the list is long, especially the big money signings imho.I truly believe sweeteners, and backhanders were the norm under him, as to proving that,it is hard, but if people are truthful, and not blinkered by promotion, a hard look at his "dealings" in the transfer market, shows he had the same agent as a fair few signings.
Before anyone has a go, I accept he brought the club together again, and got us up,but he is as guilty, if not more so, than the comittee of putting us in the posistion we find ourselves in, adding in MCCARTHY and his decimation of the squad before getting booted, its not hard to see, they were the "football brains and experience " on the comittee, and were probably if not definitely,given too much sway, regards players coming in, and Those that were allowed,or told to leave.MM especially, as he was told to pick those players to leave, loan out, his choices imho were wrong on all levels.left us paceless, and totally devoid of any creativity, Poor morison has had to work with what mm left!!now we have a few loans in, lets see us survive this year, then re set in the summer, as dont forget morison was only given until seasons end,which is why imho, if there was any money to actually buy any permanent signings, it wont be given to him, if the club are repkacing him come summer??
bluesince62

Return to General Chat