Buying for other ST holders - Liverpool (sorry)

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby leeweb » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:16 am

Morning fellow bluebirds. As someone who falls into stage 3 of the Liverpool ticket selling process, along with my brother in law, does anyone know if, as he is in my "Family and Friends" network on my ticketing account, will I be able to buy 2 tickets (assuming there's any left) if I assign one to him? Or will I need to log in to both accounts and get 1 on each?

He's a courier, so will have no chance of getting online himself, so hoping I can get us both :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
leeweb

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Buying for other ST holders - Liverpool (sorry)

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:19 am

leeweb wrote:Morning fellow bluebirds. As someone who falls into stage 3 of the Liverpool ticket selling process, along with my brother in law, does anyone know if, as he is in my "Family and Friends" network on my ticketing account, will I be able to buy 2 tickets (assuming there's any left) if I assign one to him? Or will I need to log in to both accounts and get 1 on each?

He's a courier, so will have no chance of getting online himself, so hoping I can get us both :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

I’d go to ticket office with both cards mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby leeweb » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:20 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
leeweb wrote:Morning fellow bluebirds. As someone who falls into stage 3 of the Liverpool ticket selling process, along with my brother in law, does anyone know if, as he is in my "Family and Friends" network on my ticketing account, will I be able to buy 2 tickets (assuming there's any left) if I assign one to him? Or will I need to log in to both accounts and get 1 on each?

Yeah, I toyed with idea, but it's warmer online :lol:
leeweb

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:05 am

:thumbup:
leeweb wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yeah, I toyed with idea, but it's warmer online :lol:

:thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby NIBluebird » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:07 am

Would he go if we played Carlisle away ?

Asking for a friend ;)
NIBluebird

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:25 am

NIBluebird wrote:Would he go if we played Carlisle away ?

Asking for a friend ;)

Ha, Mike ;)

Do they allow Liverpool shirts on the Cardiff buses? :?: :laughing6:

We get this every time we play a 'big' team

The first wave (4+ away days) will be allowed to purchase two tickets before they are sold on a sliding scale but appears to drop straight from 4 aways to 1 until they go on 'general sale' to those with no away days
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:43 am

Sven wrote:

Asking for a friend ;)

Ha, Mike ;)

The first wave (4+ away days) will be allowed to purchase two tickets before they are sold on a sliding scale but appears to drop straight from 4 aways to 1 until they go on 'general sale' to those with no away days

Chris, I'm confused about the selling structure now as the direct quote (below) from the club webpage doesn't mention the sliding scale

10am on Friday 21st – 9:59am on Tuesday 25th January 2022.

Tickets will become available to:

Season Ticket Holders who have attended 4 or more away league fixtures + Club Members who have attended 5 or more away league fixtures this season (maximum of 2 tickets per qualifying supporter).
Please be advised, the maximum of 2 tickets per qualifying supporter is only available during the Stage 1 selling window.
Tickets will need to be assigned to each individual attending the fixture.
Stage 2

10am on Tuesday 25th January 2022.

Tickets will also become available to:

Season Ticket Holders who have attended 1 or more away league fixtures + Club Members who have attended 2 or more away league fixtures this season (maximum of 1 per qualifying supporter).
Stage 3

10am on Thursday 27th January 2022.

2021/22 Season Ticket Holders with no previous game qualification + Club Members who have attended 1 or more away league fixtures this season (maximum of 1 per qualifying supporter).
Stage 4

10am on Friday 28th January 2022.

2021/22 Club Members with no previous game qualification (maximum of 1 per qualifying supporter).
bluebirdoct1962

Postby leeweb » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:56 am

Sven wrote:

Asking for a friend ;)

Ha, Mike ;)

I never understand this mentality amongst our fans about belittling those that don't go away from home regularly.

I have a young family, which means I struggle to justify £100+ outlay on an away trip, as that means something else has give. I have a season ticket, and have for many years. I would love to go away regularly, and when the kids have grown up, I will do so. But for now, just because I haven't been to 4+ aways, it doesn't make me any less a fan. I certainly won't be seen dead in a Liverpool shirt!

Travelling to "a big team" is a special occasion, and one we don't get to experience often. So it's easier to justify a trip to Anfield, as opposed to a Tuesday night at London Road. Yes, there is the same expense, but as a one off.

Anyway, spoke to the ticket office, and it's all good. You can purchase for anyone in your network, if anyone else was pondering the same question
leeweb

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:21 pm

Andrew, I know your situation from our conversations and the simple answer is that supporters (season ticket holders with 4+ away games and members with 5+ aways this season) will be allowed to purchase 2 tickets in Stage 1

I am told there are approx. an impressive 1600 in that group, so potentially 3,200 tickets could go (but I would doubt it)

Stage 2 will effectively allow those remaining 'away' supporters (season ticket holders with 1 away game and members with 2 away games) the opportunity to purchase 1 only ticket each

Stage 3 will then see the allocation open up to remaining Season Ticket holders (no away games) and Members (1 away game) to obtain 1 ticket only

Stage 4 opens up to remaining Members (not quite 'general' sale) to obtain 1 ticket only

My personal opinion is that with 6,900 tickets on offer, most season ticket holders who want to go will get a ticket, as both the airimg of the game on TV and the timing of KO will have an effect

Fingers crossed for you, as I know your plans for the weekend :ayatollah:
Attachments
20220120_113737.jpg
20220120_113737.jpg (370.29 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
20220120_113714.jpg
20220120_113714.jpg (218.95 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
20220120_113651.jpg
20220120_113651.jpg (242.01 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:38 pm

leeweb wrote:
Sven wrote:

Asking for a friend ;)

Ha, Mike ;)

I never understand this mentality amongst our fans about belittling those that don't go away from home regularly.

I have a young family, which means I struggle to justify £100+ outlay on an away trip, as that means something else has give. I have a season ticket, and have for many years. I would love to go away regularly, and when the kids have grown up, I will do so. But for now, just because I haven't been to 4+ aways, it doesn't make me any less a fan. I certainly won't be seen dead in a Liverpool shirt!

Travelling to "a big team" is a special occasion, and one we don't get to experience often. So it's easier to justify a trip to Anfield, as opposed to a Tuesday night at London Road. Yes, there is the same expense, but as a one off.

Anyway, spoke to the ticket office, and it's all good. You can purchase for anyone in your network, if anyone else was pondering the same question

Your prerogative not to understand and ours to be a touch cynical of the all too familiar 'can you help for a mate' posts that inevitably pop up under these circumstances

The humour wasn't specifically aimed aimed at you and each will have their own reasons why the often, sometimes, never go to away games

Ultimately, you made the better decision to go straight to the source, i.e. the club, where it appears you got a the answer you sought :thumbup:

I am only slightly confused that assuming he qualifies, your 'friend' cannot obtain his own ticket under at least one of the aforementioned 'stages'
Sven

Postby leeweb » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:57 pm

Sven wrote:
leeweb wrote:
Sven wrote:

Asking for a friend ;)

Ha, Mike ;)

Your prerogative not to understand and ours to be a touch cynical of the all too familiar 'can you help for a mate' posts that inevitably pop up under these circumstances

The humour wasn't specifically aimed aimed at you and each will have their own reasons why the often, sometimes, never go to away games

Ultimately, you made the better decision to go straight to the source, i.e. the club, where it appears you got a the answer you sought :thumbup:

I am only slightly confused that assuming he qualifies, your 'friend' cannot obtain his own ticket under at least one of the aforementioned 'stages'

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear. My apologies.

He does qualify (stage 3 like myself, as a ST holder), and he could obtain his own ticket, but his job as a delivery driver means that he would highly unlikely be able to get online next Thursday at 10am. So my question was, as he is in my network, can I buy his ticket for him, on my account, rather than having to log into both our accounts and queue twice. Probably should have gone with that wording in the first place ;)

I do understand the issue with "my mate down the pub", and this deffo wasn't one of those cases. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I wasn't trying to be an arse :D
leeweb

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:02 pm

Sven wrote:Andrew, I know your situation from our conversations and the simple answer is that supporters (season ticket holders with 4+ away games and members with 5+ aways this season) will be allowed to purchase 2 tickets in Stage 1

I am told there are approx. an impressive 1600 in that group, so potentially 3,200 tickets could go (but I would doubt it)

Stage 2 will effectively allow those remaining 'away' supporters (season ticket holders with 1 away game and members with 2 away games) the opportunity to purchase 1 only ticket each

Stage 3 will then see the allocation open up to remaining Season Ticket holders (no away games) and Members (1 away game) to obtain 1 ticket only

Stage 4 opens up to remaining Members (not quite 'general' sale) to obtain 1 ticket only

My personal opinion is that with 6,900 tickets on offer, most season ticket holders who want to go will get a ticket, as both the airimg of the game on TV and the timing of KO will have an effect

Fingers crossed for you, as I know your plans for the weekend :ayatollah:

Cheers mate :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:06 pm

leeweb wrote:
Sven wrote:

Asking for a friend ;)

Ha, Mike ;)

Mate, Don't attempt to justify your self to some on here. Good luck and I hope you get your tickets sorted and have a cracking day. Does not matter in the slightest how many aways you have done, your a City fan so good luck :ayatollah:
1980s Bluebird

Postby leeweb » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:24 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
leeweb wrote:
Sven wrote:

Asking for a friend ;)

Ha, Mike ;)

Mate, Don't attempt to justify your self to some on here. Good luck and I hope you get your tickets sorted and have a cracking day. Does not matter in the slightest how many aways you have done, your a City fan so good luck :ayatollah:

Cheers mate. At the end of the day, we're all :bluebird:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
leeweb

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:02 pm

leeweb wrote:
Sven wrote:
leeweb wrote:
Sven wrote:

Asking for a friend ;)

Ha, Mike ;)

He does qualify (stage 3 like myself, as a ST holder), and he could obtain his own ticket, but his job as a delivery driver means that he would highly unlikely be able to get online next Thursday at 10am. So my question was, as he is in my network, can I buy his ticket for him, on my account, rather than having to log into both our accounts and queue twice. Probably should have gone with that wording in the first place ;)

I do understand the issue with "my mate down the pub", and this deffo wasn't one of those cases. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I wasn't trying to be an arse :D

Thanks and I know that :thumbup:

Have pm'd you with a (good) suggestion ;) :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:55 pm

Asking for a friend ;)

Prob 70% of those who travel wouldn't. No big deal it's to be expected that's why it's good for the club.
nubbsy

Postby CF11 Rondo » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:23 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Asking for a friend ;)

Prob 70% of those who travel wouldn't. No big deal it's to be expected that's why it's good for the club.

People whinge about poor crowds and then whinge when people turn up in numbers. No winning with some :roll:
Who knows, a sneaky 1-0 win at Anfield and a good atmosphere from our fans might turn some of the casuals into regular match goers.
CF11 Rondo

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:13 pm

Sven wrote:
leeweb wrote:
Sven wrote:
leeweb wrote:
Sven wrote:

Asking for a friend ;)

Ha, Mike ;)

Thanks and I know that :thumbup:

Have pm'd you with a (good) suggestion ;) :ayatollah:

Thanks for the feedback (pm), Lee :thumbup:

Hope it works out and I think it will... ;) :D
Sven

Return to General Chat