SHOCKING: CARDIFF CITY LADIES BUS ATTACKED

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:16 pm

Brick 'thrown off M4 flyover' smashed into coach window carrying Cardiff City LFC

Head coach James Fishlock said it landed near three people

Cardiff City Ladies Football Club (LFC) escaped "serious injury" after a brick was "thrown off an M4 flyover" before it smashed through their coach sunroof.

The team were travelling back from a match at Court Place Farm in Oxford against Oxford United Women on Sunday, January 16 when the incident happened.

Cardiff City LFC head coach James Fishlock wrote on Twitter: "Driving home from Oxford [and] a group of kids throwing bricks off the flyover on the M4 westbound, goes through the sunroof of the coach, glass everywhere, luckily no injuries but what goes through people's heads? It’s crazy [and] so dangerous."

A shocking picture was also shared showing what looks like a white rock on the floor of the bus which is covered in shattered glass.

Speaking to ITV sports reporter Beth Fisher, he said the brick landed between three people on the bus.

"It landed on a seat between three of us. Thankfully it was a 49-seater coach or we would have definitely had injuries," he said.
Attachments
1_Screenshot-20.png
1_Screenshot-20.png (586.56 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: SHOCKING: CARDIFF CITY LADIES BUS ATTACKED

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:17 am

Shocking ... :shock:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:43 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Shocking ... :shock:

Not confirmed but someone said it was M4 Newport... :shock:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Abergavenny » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:19 am

Sven wrote:

I heard Swindon area but not from anyone who was on the bus or links to Cardiff
Abergavenny

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:31 am

Sven wrote:

Chris, it happened on the M4 between J23a and J24 near Magor. Could have been very nasty and other vehicles were also targetted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 022851.amp
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:55 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, it happened on the M4 between J23a and J24 near Magor. Could have been very nasty and other vehicles were also targetted.

Thanks, Paul :thumbup:

Doesn't really matter where it was, the mentality of anyone, children or otherwise who would do this is more than suspect

I remember the guy who died in Merthyr when the miner's strike was on and it still resonates today :cry:
Sven

Postby Bebbsyboy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:31 pm

From the bridge that goes to Underwood.
Bebbsyboy

Postby Floppsy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:56 pm

Could easily have been a much worse outcome. Shocking.
Floppsy

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:19 pm

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:

Doesn'tvreally matter where it was, the mentality of anyone, children or otherwise who would do this is more than suspect

I remember the guy who died in Merthyr when the miner's strike was on and it still resonates today :cry:

Yes.. David Wilkie.
Always remember them bombing from Wenallt Rd bridge at lorries taking coal to PT steel works.. 84/85. Harold Read of Gloucester was the contractor.

Would expect that to be laminated glass now.. perhaps not.
rumpo kid

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:37 pm

rumpo kid wrote:
Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:

Doesn'tvreally matter where it was, the mentality of anyone, children or otherwise who would do this is more than suspect

Yes.. David Wilkie.
Always remember them bombing from Wenallt Rd bridge at lorries taking coal to PT steel works.. 84/85. Harold Read of Gloucester was the contractor.

Would expect that to be laminated glass now.. perhaps not.

Yes, that's the one; a sad day amongst many in what was a deliberate provocation by Thatcher to stamp her authority on the nation by 'smashing' a strong union :cry:
Sven

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:14 pm

Not sure about that.. the industry was in serious trouble way before Thatcher. The Union was too rigid.. got plenty of stories about that, ex FIL was a Lodge sec, maybe another time for that... sad end tho fair enough, much skills lost and was a good employer for youth skills and engineering.
rumpo kid

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:58 am

rumpo kid wrote:Not sure about that.. the industry was in serious trouble way before Thatcher. The Union was too rigid.. got plenty of stories about that, ex FIL was a Lodge sec, maybe another time for that... sad end tho fair enough, much skills lost and was a good employer for youth skills and engineering.

:thumbup: :ayatollah:
Sven

Return to General Chat