‘ Aden Flint? ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Aden Flint? ‘

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:16 pm

What do the board do?

Aden Flint is one of Cardiff’s highest earners , but is also a good player and could be well needed in the final months of the relegation battle Cardiff are in.

Flints contract runs out this season and No doubt Cardiff will not offer him a similar contract or even a new contract as they are looking to put more U23 players in the Current squad.

If Sunderland are interested as the rumours are getting stronger and offer a small fee do City cash in now or wait till his contract finishes in June???

OPINIONS ?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

‘ Aden Flint? ‘

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Aden Flint? ‘

Postby davids » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:25 pm

For me we have to keep him until the end of the season.

He's been probably our most consistent centre half this season and the amount we would get by way of a fee and the savings on his wages would be outweighed by the losses we would incur by getting relegated.

No guarantee we'd stay up even if he stays but we'd undoubtedly be weaker in an area of the pitch where we are desperately poor at the moment anyway.

Keep him for me. Hopefully stay up and regroup again in the summer.
davids

Postby theDelaney88 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:27 pm

Not unless we can get a decent replacement - which we won't.

Our defence is leaky enough. Getting rid of someone with Flint's experience wouldn't make any sense unless we had someone to fill his role.
theDelaney88

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What do the board do?

Aden Flint is one of Cardiff’s highest earners , but is also a good player and could be well needed in the final months of the relegation battle Cardiff are in.

Flints contract runs out this season and No doubt Cardiff will not offer him a similar contract or even a new contract as they are looking to put more U23 players in the Current squad.

If Sunderland are interested as the rumours are getting stronger and offer a small fee do City cash in now or wait till his contract finishes in June???

OPINIONS ?

No doubt that Flint has been one of our better players this season. But having said that, he's also been part on the defence that was one of the worst records in the Championship ! Not solely down to him, I completely accept, but he's certainly not blameless.

I don't think Flint or Morrison, or even Nelson, fit in with the new way of playing so if we get a decent offer (accepting that he's only got a few months left on his contract) we have to consider it. Of course, we don't know if Flint wants to stay after the summer anyway.

Morrison is a decent like-for-like replacement but there would also be the opportunity of getting in a new, quicker, ball playing CB too on loan or in a similar January type signing.

It's all about the money really, will Sunderland offer enough and would we have enough to replace Flint ?

McGuinness is the future and if we were to get a quicker CB in to play alongside him then Morison may well feel that is the time to move to a back 4. At the moment he just can't risk that because of the lack of pace at CB.

It will be interesting how this pans out. We can hardly criticise this regime's decisions on transfer budgets and then expect them to turn down money for a player in the last 6 months of his contract and one of our top earners.
piledriver64

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:40 pm

Get rid, will not be a great loss to be honest. Think McGuiness and Nelson and Morrison to an extent can still do a job.
1980s Bluebird

Postby boyo1927 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:55 pm

Get rid he isn't that good and wages plus maybe a fee we should sell. The club is resetting
boyo1927

Postby City slicker27 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:05 pm

Bit of a difficult one. Excluding mguinnes, Flint has probably been better than morrison and Nelson this season. But if him going and freeing up wages meant we could bring in a few players, I'd probably let him go. We could always switch to a back 4 if other CBs get injured.

Also think that the lack of pace and ability to play it out from the back is one of the main reasons we are in this mess. Flint, morrison and Nelson all contribute to that. Ideally, all 3 need replacing to play how morison wants us to play.
City slicker27

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:07 pm

City slicker27 wrote:Bit of a difficult one. Excluding mguinnes, Flint has probably been better than morrison and Nelson this season. But if him going and freeing up wages meant we could bring in a few players, I'd probably let him go. We could always switch to a back 4 if other CBs get injured.

Also think that the lack of pace and ability to play it out from the back is one of the main reasons we are in this mess. Flint, morrison and Nelson all contribute to that. Ideally, all 3 need replacing to play how morison wants us to play.

Exactly how I see it :thumbup:
piledriver64

Postby Blue78 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:09 pm

I’d let him go if it means a substantial saving in wages and a fee that we could put to use elsewhere.

Even if he has been one of the better defenders, we are still conceding goals and not scoring - I’d take the chance on using any money to fix our problems going forward and bring Morrison back in for him. Pack could also cover there and Nelson or McGuiness come inside.

Flint has also stopped scoring goals at the other end so not like we would be losing his goals from set pieces.
Blue78

Postby bluebirdrob » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:41 pm

I would let him go if a decent offer comes in from anyone.
The saving in wages plus a fee can be used to bring in loans till end of season.

All the players out of contract in June have been out of form all season,maybe this is why we have struggled to find any form.
From personnel experience when people know there time is up redundant contract up.
They do the minimum work they can.

This is the fault of bad management getting to the stage where 9 players are out of contract.They should have been sold or sent on loans at start of season.
bluebirdrob

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:54 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
City slicker27 wrote:Bit of a difficult one. Excluding mguinnes, Flint has probably been better than morrison and Nelson this season. But if him going and freeing up wages meant we could bring in a few players, I'd probably let him go. We could always switch to a back 4 if other CBs get injured.

Exactly how I see it :thumbup:

Yup me too.
It's a gamble what ever they decide to do and probably will depend on the amount offered. Hopefully this will slacken the purse strings enough to allow another loan?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:29 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:I would let him go if a decent offer comes in from anyone.
The saving in wages plus a fee can be used to bring in loans till end of season.

All the players out of contract in June have been out of form all season,maybe this is why we have struggled to find any form.
From personnel experience when people know there time is up redundant contract up.
They do the minimum work they can.

This is the fault of bad management getting to the stage where 9 players are out of contract.They should have been sold or sent on loans at start of season.

Sold? Buyers needed for that, same for loaning a player, someone has to show an interest,simple truth.
bluesince62

Postby RYANBLUE » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:12 pm

davids wrote:For me we have to keep him until the end of the season.

He's been probably our most consistent centre half this season and the amount we would get by way of a fee and the savings on his wages would be outweighed by the losses we would incur by getting relegated.

No guarantee we'd stay up even if he stays but we'd undoubtedly be weaker in an area of the pitch where we are desperately poor at the moment anyway.

Keep him for me. Hopefully stay up and regroup again in the summer.

Definitely.... been a regular starter too so getting rid at this stage is crazy
RYANBLUE

Postby biglad6 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:17 pm

You know what, I think everyone is missing a massive point here. If we sold Flint, Moore or whoever whose to say the board would spend a penny of it on the team. The most likely scenario is moor cheapo loans which didn't do us any golden the medium term and in fact hides the poor recruitment decisions we've made over the last 3 years. A perfect storm is arising here, a poor team, a BOD that's incompetent and won't spend money. Even if they did after the job that lot have done so far wouldn't give me much hope.
biglad6

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:29 pm

biglad6 wrote:You know what, I think everyone is missing a massive point here. If we sold Flint, Moore or whoever whose to say the board would spend a penny of it on the team. The most likely scenario is moor cheapo loans which didn't do us any golden the medium term and in fact hides the poor recruitment decisions we've made over the last 3 years. A perfect storm is arising here, a poor team, a BOD that's incompetent and won't spend money. Even if they did after the job that lot have done so far wouldn't give me much hope.

They've already 'surprised' us by signing Cody Drameh with some other solid links since, so maybe your (seemingly desired?) 'perfect storm' will peter out into a mild case of flatulence? :?:

As a Bluebird supporter, I certainly hope so. Why would I (or any other supporter) want differently??? :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:40 pm

I don't think we can afford to lose him, I prefer the other three but we constantly have one injured or suspended so he has to stay!
Bluebina

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:46 pm

If Morrison played centrally of the three and Flint played on the right there would be riots, he would be so exposed it would be cruel.
We need to break the obsession with three centre halfs, so just rip up his contract and let him secure the next two seasons, he has been a good servant to the club

IMO Morrison is far better when teamed up with a athlete like Sol or even Nelson.
llan bluebird

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:43 pm

theDelaney88 wrote:Not unless we can get a decent replacement - which we won't.

Our defence is leaky enough. Getting rid of someone with Flint's experience wouldn't make any sense unless we had someone to fill his role.
We got mcguiness in for bamba as his replacement
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby biglad6 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:11 pm

I'm afraid sven you're delusional if you think that storm isn't upon us yet. You only need to look at the league table to see that . Choo and Dalman are mainly responsible for this 're their recruitment decisions and hopeless planning over the last three years, the sooner those two go the better. What's this silly talk that I somehow wished for this ? Just pointing out the obvious I'm afraid!
biglad6

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:29 pm

biglad6 wrote:I'm afraid sven you're delusional if you think that storm isn't upon us yet. You only need to look at the league table to see that . Choo and Dalman are mainly responsible for this 're their recruitment decisions and hopeless planning over the last three years, the sooner those two go the better. What's this silly talk that I somehow wished for this ? Just pointing out the obvious I'm afraid!

Delusional or realistic? It's a matter of opinion based on how we perceive things have panned out...

I actually agree with you on Dalman but not Ken Choo, who I know to be an honest and decent man doing his best with two strong-willed men above him

You're not pointing out the 'obvious' to me, on account (like me) you don't know the full facts but feel that you do

I'm not knocking that; I simply disagree on the grounds that the club are doing something to rectify the errors made at the start of the season

It is clear to me (and others) that the club have made errors over the years and some bad ones at that; but equally, they are now trying to get into a position where they can have a sustainable future. The CAS situation certainly doesn't help and the truth of that will become abundantly clear once the adjudication is made (good, bad or indifferent)

You may agree or disagree with that; it is your prerogative

My comment that "you seemingly desired" is borne from the negativity of many of your posts where you mainly point out the negatives of the club when (as we see today with two imminent signings plus the capture of Cody Drameh) there are (some at least) positives :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby todder76 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:08 pm

Get rid if we can I think we might have to go to a back 4 to accommodate Giles and dremah anyway
todder76

Postby todder76 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:09 pm

Get rid if we can I think we might have to go to a back 4 to accommodate Giles and dremah anyway
todder76

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:53 pm

Had a nose around a couple of Sunderland forums and nothing about Flint at all.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bluebird 67 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:56 pm

Bluebird 67

Postby Big Hill Blue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:59 pm

I'd keep him. There's others that should depart before Aden.
Big Hill Blue

Return to General Chat