Tom Lawrence

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tom Lawrence

Postby vietaff » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:41 pm

Having just watched the highlights from the Championship games, I dare say Tom Lawrence will be on the radar of suitors. Derby have apparently sold Shinnie who has been one of their better players over the last 2 seasons for just £30k

The administrators at Derby have to accept any bids apparently....if the club had anything about them a cheeky £100k offer would be going in ASAP and getting someone who could score goals that could help us finish about the bottom 3
vietaff

Tom Lawrence

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Tom Lawrence

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:43 pm

vietaff wrote:Having just watched the highlights from the Championship games, I dare say Tom Lawrence will be on the radar of suitors. Derby have apparently sold Shinnie who has been one of their better players over the last 2 seasons for just £30k

The administrators at Derby have to accept any bids apparently....if the club had anything about them a cheeky £100k offer would be going in ASAP and getting someone who could score goals that could help us finish about the bottom 3

A cheeky £100k is one thing, wages will probably be another.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:48 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
vietaff wrote:Having just watched the highlights from the Championship games, I dare say Tom Lawrence will be on the radar of suitors. Derby have apparently sold Shinnie who has been one of their better players over the last 2 seasons for just £30k

A cheeky £100k is one thing, wages will probably be another.

Seems he is in demand now, mate; so not likely to come here

He didn't have a great time when he was here (on loan) and our support weren't overly kind to him either, if I recall... :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dazza » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:17 am

Apparently Tom is on 75 grand a week, no way will we be paying that.

That's the reason he is still with them, as he will not take a pay cut to move to another club.
dazza

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:26 am

dazza wrote:Apparently Tom is on 75 grand a week, no way will we be paying that.

That's the reason he is still with them, as he will not take a pay cut to move to another club.

£75k???? :o :shock:

I guess the one plus is that they (Derby) are getting a tune out of him; unlike some of our recent high-wage signings
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:16 pm

Sven wrote:
dazza wrote:Apparently Tom is on 75 grand a week, no way will we be paying that.

I guess the one plus is that they (Derby) are getting a tune out of him; unlike some of our recent high-wage signings

If he is on 75k, he is on more than phil foden !!!! Really?
bluesince62

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:38 pm

:o
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

:shock: :shock:

If that's right no wonder Derby are in trouble.

In fact, if it is right, then they deserve to be in trouble.
piledriver64

Postby City slicker27 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:50 pm

He signed a contract worth around 4mill over 3 years. 4mill over 1 year is around 75k a week. Maybe that's where the confusion has come from? Over 3 years, 4mill equals the top end of 20k a week. Which makes more sense.
City slicker27

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:56 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Sounded a little odd, Paul, so I did some research and this looks more like it...

"Derby County are reluctantly willing to allow captain Tom Lawrence to leave on a free transfer in January as they continue to cut costs. Lawrence is one of Derby's highest earners and they are willing to let him leave to save on his £37,000-a-week salary"

Hardly a pauper's wage either; but in line with top Championship earners, inc. some of ours in recent times
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:35 pm

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Sounded a little odd, Paul, so I did some research and this looks more like it...

"Derby County are reluctantly willing to allow captain Tom Lawrence to leave on a free transfer in January as they continue to cut costs. Lawrence is one of Derby's highest earners and they are willing to let him leave to save on his £37,000-a-week salary"

Hardly a pauper's wage either; but in line with top Championship earners, inc. some of ours in recent times

Cheers Chris, I was a bit taken aback at 75k a week!! No way hes coming here though, not on them wages in todays climate.shame, he scored two good goals saturday.something we could use right now, an in form form striker eh?
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:35 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Cheers Chris, I was a bit taken aback at 75k a week!! No way hes coming here though, not on them wages in todays climate.shame, he scored two good goals saturday.something we could use right now, an in form form striker eh?

More chance of him going to a promotion chasing side or even a mid to low Premier League side, mate

We need some impetus in midfield but not even at a half those wages, which is why clever 'loans' will be the order of the day :thumbup:
Sven

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:15 am

Cast your minds back a few long seasons ago when he was on loan with us :o

We had a chance to buy him then - Not sure about the fee ...Around £1 M . I think ???
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:47 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Cast your minds back a few long seasons ago when he was on loan with us :o

We had a chance to buy him then - Not sure about the fee ...Around £1 M . I think ???

Can't recall the fee but you're correct, Tony :thumbup:

I also recall our support weren't that taken with him during what was an uninspiring season for the lad :|
Sven

Postby Abergavenny » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:12 am

The player we saw at Cardiff was not worth the money being asked I for one was not unhappy that we did not sign him He would never have fitter in with the style we played then He would now thou
But 37k a week for a a player is not among the top players is crazy and one of the reasons Derby are where they are with finances
Abergavenny

Postby nubbsy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:12 pm

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, I don't think we've had anyone on anything near 37k a week that we havent signed in the premier league? Even under ole that would shock me..
nubbsy

Return to General Chat