Monday 17th January 2022 Updated: ‘ Tommy Doyle ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:47 pm

Updated:

Tommy Doyle trained with City players today, while City sorted out finances.

Cardiff only having to pay less than 30% of Tommy Doyle’s wages as Manchester City want clubs to give their younger players first team action.

Doyle never got much action in the German ( league 2), so now they need him to play more and at a higher level, Championship.

The Manchester club's under-23s boss Brian Barry-Murphy:

“Regarding Doyle or any of our U23 players , from our point of view it’s a no-lose situation, it’s making sure all of our players get as much action as possible and if that involves going on loan to enhance that, that’d be good."

Thanks to Manchester City agreeing to Cardiff on paying a small % as long as Doyle is guaranteed first team football so they can assess him.

Loan Deal could be finalised tomorrow (Tuesday).

Tommy Doyle, Steve Morison def wants him and has asked for him.

It depends how much Cardiff have to Pay towards his wages

Players need to go?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225718

UPDATED:

Tommy Doyle never started a single game for the Bundesliga 2 club.

Cardiff City are keen on signing Manchester City youngster Tommy Doyle.

The central midfielder spent the first half of the season out on loan at Bundesliga 2 club Hamburger SV, where a certain Robert Glatzel now plies his trade, but was brought back to Manchester owing to a lack of game-time for the German club.

Match fitness could be another problem for Doyle?

He didn't start a single league game and made only six substitute appearance, totalling just 73 minutes of action, and is now in desperate need of playing time elsewhere.

That, it is hoped, will be at Cardiff City, wages could also be the problem with Cardiff now apparently only willing to pay 30% of his wages.

Cardiff have enquired about Doyle and Manchester City are happy to let him go out on loan again but want a club to pay 50% of his current wages.

The Bluebirds sorely lack creativity in the middle of the park, an area which has needed addressing for a number of years.

Cardiff would like to see a few more players go out on loan to free space for two new players to come in.

There has been little interest in Cardiff's senior players from elsewhere so far in this window, but one suspects that if offers come in for any of the midfielders they would have to be seriously considered if the squad balance is to be addressed. To boot, Ralls, Vaulks and Pack are out of contract this summer.

While Cardiff have some experienced and talented central midfield players, there is an argument to say they are all of a very similar mould.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Tommy Doyle ‘

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:52 pm

Big wages I'm hearing.
Bakedalasker

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Big wages I'm hearing.

Not according to some sites and I'd be surprised if they are that far out on figures :thumbright:

I can see it happening and I can see why Steve Morison would want him... :clap:
Attachments
20220115_160642.jpg
20220115_160642.jpg (68.4 KiB) Viewed 17676 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby D.A.C. » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:33 pm

We need someone who can run things from centre mid. Everyone saying we have too many players in that position the problem is most of them are shit.

Vaulks, Pack and Bacuna are simply awful and need shifting asap. That still leaves Wintle, Ralls, Bowen and Sang.

I don't see any of these running a game but they all work hard and don't do anything stupid to cost us in games unlike the other 3.

We need a midfielder that can take the ball off the defence and run a game, what I've seen from Doyle in clips this is what he likes to do. Basically what Pack tries to do every game but he doesn't get caught in possession and doesn't give the ball away as much.

Watch Vaulks for the goal today he was pathetic, gets wrong side of his man then just gives up and hopes the defence deals with it.

Then Pack came on and made some great passes for Blackburn. I'm sick of the same individuals costing us week in week out.
D.A.C.

Postby wez1927 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:10 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Big wages I'm hearing.

Youngsters at these big clubs are not on that much money ,we pay ralls etc more
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Crayfish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:45 pm

Don’t really know anything about him and he might be a future star but he has made 7 appearances for Hamburg but 6 of them were from the subs bench. Hamburg are a tier 2 side in Germany does the fact that he can’t get in the team as a starter suggest he is not that good?
Crayfish

Postby arri potta » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:49 pm

Crayfish wrote:Don’t really know anything about him and he might be a future star but he has made 7 appearances for Hamburg but 6 of them were from the subs bench. Hamburg are a tier 2 side in Germany does the fact that he can’t get in the team as a starter suggest he is not that good?

doubt we'd do very good in tier 2 in germany, some the football that's been on tv has looked half decent, certainly championship standard for half the league
arri potta

Postby blemmy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:38 pm

D.A.C. wrote:We need someone who can run things from centre mid. Everyone saying we have too many players in that position the problem is most of them are shit.

Vaulks, Pack and Bacuna are simply awful and need shifting asap. That still leaves Wintle, Ralls, Bowen and Sang.

I don't see any of these running a game but they all work hard and don't do anything stupid to cost us in games unlike the other 3.

We need a midfielder that can take the ball off the defence and run a game, what I've seen from Doyle in clips this is what he likes to do. Basically what Pack tries to do every game but he doesn't get caught in possession and doesn't give the ball away as much.

Watch Vaulks for the goal today he was pathetic, gets wrong side of his man then just gives up and hopes the defence deals with it.

Then Pack came on and made some great passes for Blackburn. I'm sick of the same individuals costing us week in week out.

I totally agree - Vaulks has been pathetic all season as has Bacuna.
:banghead: :bluescarf:
blemmy

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:10 pm

arri potta wrote:
Crayfish wrote:Don’t really know anything about him and he might be a future star but he has made 7 appearances for Hamburg but 6 of them were from the subs bench. Hamburg are a tier 2 side in Germany does the fact that he can’t get in the team as a starter suggest he is not that good?

doubt we'd do very good in tier 2 in germany, some the football that's been on tv has looked half decent, certainly championship standard for half the league

I said this a while back, a lot of championship teams would struggle in Bundesliga 2! Isnt that where glatzel plays Hamburg? Hes doing ok there, a goal every other game to date.how we could use a striker on that form!!
bluesince62

Postby dazza » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:12 am

Strong rumours that Swansea have agreed to pay 75% of his wages and he will sign for them in the next week or 2.
dazza

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:12 am

Tommy Doyle never started a single game for them:

Cardiff City are keen on signing Manchester City youngster Tommy Doyle.

The central midfielder spent the first half of the season out on loan at Bundesliga 2 club Hamburger SV, where a certain Robert Glatzel now plies his trade, but was brought back to Manchester owing to a lack of game-time for the German club.

He didn't start a single league game and made only six substitute appearance, totalling just 73 minutes of action, and is now in desperate need of playing time elsewhere.

That, it is hoped, will be at Cardiff City, wages could also be the problem with Cardiff now apparently only willing to pay 30% of his wages.

Cardiff have enquired about Doyle and Manchester City are happy to let him go out on loan again but want a club to pay 50% of his current wages.

The Bluebirds sorely lack creativity in the middle of the park, an area which has needed addressing for a number of years.

Cardiff would like to see a few more players go out on loan to free space for two new players to come in.

There has been little interest in Cardiff's senior players from elsewhere so far in this window, but one suspects that if offers come in for any of the midfielders they would have to be seriously considered if the squad balance is to be addressed. To boot, Ralls, Vaulks and Pack are out of contract this summer.

While Cardiff have some experienced and talented central midfield players, there is an argument to say they are all of a very similar mould.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: Updated: ‘ Tommy Doyle ‘

Postby Crayfish » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:27 am

Again never seen him play but if he can only get 73 minutes play for a German second division side how good can he be. Not sure I would not prefer to give someone like Sam Bowen or one of the other youngsters a chance.
Crayfish

Postby Birdblue » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:33 am

Surely we need to get rid of some midfielders first to make room I’m taking it he will be starting so .....
Birdblue

Postby nickjonesrox2 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:46 am

Hope this one gets over the line.

A striker on loan would be a massive help for us too.
nickjonesrox2

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:02 pm

Reply Twitter:
Attachments
DEA44454-AC4F-42E5-B8B6-DBD452674406.jpeg
DEA44454-AC4F-42E5-B8B6-DBD452674406.jpeg (278.29 KiB) Viewed 10545 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:11 pm

dazza wrote:Strong rumours that Swansea have agreed to pay 75% of his wages and he will sign for them in the next week or 2.

Where are the rumours mate? got any links? Cheers advance :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:39 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dazza wrote:Strong rumours that Swansea have agreed to pay 75% of his wages and he will sign for them in the next week or 2.

Where are the rumours mate? got any links? Cheers in advance :thumbup:

Andrew, loose links/comments via WalesOnline and other media but nothing solid as they are waiting for a decision from Gareth Bale and Arron Ramsay... ;) :thumbup: :notworthy:

https://www-walesonline-co-uk.cdn.amppr ... y-22601555
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Pencoed » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:33 pm

I doubt wage contribution will both Man City it'll be more about how much a club plan on playing him.
He's not the first player to struggle in a foreign league, I think most could see that Glatzel had decent ability and although many blamed it on our style he missed some easy chances for a striker.
Pencoed

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Andrew, loose links/comments via WalesOnline and other media but nothing solid as they are waiting for a decision from Gareth Bale and Arron Ramsay... ;) :thumbup: :notworthy:

Loose links indeed mate.
Looking at him on the dreaded Youtube he does look like just what we need tbh
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:40 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Loose links indeed mate.

I think he'd be a good fit at the CCS :thumbup:

Seems the Swans must have sacked their recruitment staffs, as they only seem to be linked secondhand with our tagets of late...

I'm going to start a rumour we're trying to secure Bacuna to a longer contract and see if that does the trick... ;) :lol: :lol:
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:44 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Loose links indeed mate.

I think he'd be a good fit at the CCS :thumbup:

Seems the Swans must have sacked their recruitment staffs, as they only seem to be linked secondhand with our tagets of late...

I'm going to start a rumour we're trying to secure Bacuna to a longer contract and see if that does the trick... ;) :lol: :lol:

Love it :bluescarf:
Maybe their just thinking ‘Cardiff get everything’ and jump on the bandwagon mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:11 pm

Cardiff only having to pay less than 30% of Tommy Doyle’s wages as Manchester City want clubs to give their younger players first team action.

Doyle never got much action in the German ( league 2), so now they need him to play more and at a higher level, Championship.

“Regarding Doyle or any of our U23 players , from our point of view it’s a no-lose situation, it’s making sure all of our players get as much action as possible and if that involves going on loan to enhance that, that’d be good."

Thanks to Manchester City agreeing to Cardiff on paying a small % as long as Doyle is guaranteed first team football so they can assess him.

Loan Deal could be finalised tomorrow.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff only having to pay less than 30% of Tommy Doyle’s wages as Manchester City want clubs to give their younger players first team action.

That would be amazing, I think he is exactly what we need :ayatollah:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff only having to pay less than 30% of Tommy Doyle’s wages as Manchester City want clubs to give their younger players first team action.

That’s brilliant news Annis :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Re: Monday 17th January 2022 Updated: ‘ Tommy Doyle ‘

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:24 pm

With Doyle and Giles lookng to be coming we could be having a decent window all things considered. :ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:40 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:With Doyle and Giles lookng to be coming we could be having a decent window all things considered. :ayatollah:

Agreed, and I thought this window was going to be a non-starter !

Drameh, Doyle and Giles in one window is pretty decent.

I wonder if that’s it or if there are more to come ……….. or go !!
piledriver64

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:50 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:With Doyle and Giles lookng to be coming we could be having a decent window all things considered. :ayatollah:

Agreed, and I thought this window was going to be a non-starter !

Drameh, Doyle and Giles in one window is pretty decent.

I wonder if that’s it or if there are more to come ……….. or go !!

I have a sneaky feeling that we will get another defender and striker in :ayatollah:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:52 pm

Absolutely...! :clap: :ayatollah:

I think many of us will be pleasantly surprised, with one or two majorly disappointed that the club might be seen to support their manager

I have a good feeling Steve Morison's recruitment drive isn't yet over; maybe subject to a few outbounds.. :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm

Pencoed wrote:I doubt wage contribution will both Man City it'll be more about how much a club plan on playing him.
He's not the first player to struggle in a foreign league, I think most could see that Glatzel had decent ability and although many blamed it on our style he missed some easy chances for a striker.

No different to moore or collins then? Both in a league that is familiar to them football wise! And it WAS our style imho, especially warnock trying to change him completely into a target man, lone striker type, when he was played with tomlin( a creative player) he did well, then MM Decided he wasnt for him( as he only wanted defensive minded players to suit his dross way of playing)Bundesliga 2 is every bit as good as the championship, football is definitely more pleasing on the eye.and hes averaging 1 in 2 there now.
bluesince62

Return to General Chat