Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: BLUEBIRDS V BLACKBURN

Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:57 pm

MY VIEW: BLUEBIRDS V BLACKBURN

Basically, a surprisingly poor Blackburn side stole the points from a Bluebird team with resolve rather than any real skill and after City somewhat shot themselves in the foot by conceding a somewhat avoidable goal early on again

After the more possession based start, Blackburn seemed to open up the central area with City's centre backs back-peddling in all too familiar style before shooting from outside the box, taking a slight deflection and squeezing past (a slightly unsighted) Smithies, who might have doneca little better

The Bluebirds did okay for the rest of the first half and turned the stats around nicely without converting into a much needed goal

Cody Drameh was having a decent debut and looks to beva very good acquisition

HALF-TIME: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BLACKBURN ROVERS

The second half started with the Bluebirds on the front foot and they might have drawn level early on; but they didn't and despite a superior overall performance in the second half, it became an all too familiar story, as chances were created but not taken

However, that is not to 'knock' the team today, as they did well overall against a team now level on points at the top of the table and with 20-goal (to date) striker Brereton-Diaz being subbed, such was City's control on him

City changed their shape well into the second half and took the game by the scruff of the neck (why don't we start like that?) and after Blackburn's red card, the Bluebirds had good opportunities to draw level and then maybe go on to win

FINAL SCORE: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BLACKBURN ROVERS

The Verdict:

This was a game in which the Bluebird defence once again caused itself problems and fell behind to an avoidable (mind you, aren't they all?) early goal that put them on the back foot and allowed what I thought was no more than an efficiently organised Blackburn Rovers side to sit back a little and absorb what the Bluebirds threw at them

Vaulks did okay for about an hour and then faded fast, so a good substitution, whilst debutant Cody Drameh looked to be a good acquisition with some very good positioning and passing until he was subbed midway through the second half

If possible, the Bluebirds still need a couple of additions in midfield and up front, if they are to consistently score the goals they need to get out of our current predicament

Once again, we are now relying on others to secure a positive result for us and that's never a good thing; but overall I was happy with today's performance, if not the result

Re: MY VIEW: BLUEBIRDS V BLACKBURN

Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:08 pm

We have been relying from the start of the season. Dalman has made this very clear. He is very close to getting this all wrong.

Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:23 pm

Good summary Chris and thanks for the match thread updates as usual. :thumbup:

Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:26 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Good summary Chris and thanks for the match thread updates as usual. :thumbup:

Thanks, Paul and thank you for your help finding links to keep up with the game :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:28 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We have been relying from the start of the season. Dalman has made this very clear. He is very close to getting this all wrong.

Dalman has a LOT (maybe more than Tan) to answer for... :cry:

Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:47 pm

Enjoyed that write up. Good summary. Cheers Sven :thumbup: