10 MEN BLACKBURN SAW OFF MORISON’S EXPERIENCED TEAM

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:23 pm

Steve Morison reverted back to the experienced players at home to Blackburn and yet again City failed to win at home in the Championship.

CARDIFF CITY 0 BLACKBURN 1 :cry:

Even after Blackburn went down to 10 men City could not pull back a goal to at least get a home draw.

Morison has stated he needs more players from this January transfer if City are to stay in the Championship.

Cardiff Played very well in parts but upfront struggled, over all Cardiff had played a good game, but lacking badly in the final 3rd.

James Collins and Mark Harris not good enough in my opinion.

Collins 2 goals in 28 appearances.

3 Pts dropped and City are really in this relegation battle.

The board need to get more quality in the team, ASAP if they want Championship football next season.
Attachments
8032263D-BD5D-4C3F-A4CE-FC51C90C1D42.jpeg
8032263D-BD5D-4C3F-A4CE-FC51C90C1D42.jpeg (93.83 KiB) Viewed 4942 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 10 MEN BLACKBURN SAW OFF MORISON’S EXPERIENCED TEAM

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:24 pm

We lost that due to the lack of positive set up from the start. All that possession is useless if we don't have attempts at the end of it. 2 on target all game. Woeful!

I'd totally get playing 8 defence minded outfield players IF we were keeping clean sheets, but we're not!

Three centre backs. It doesn't work. It's never worked. Its painful. Stop it now.

Time for a back 4 and a loose 433 formation. Surely?! I can't be the only one who can see it?!
jimmy_rat

Postby theclaw » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:28 pm

Played really well and didn’t deserve to lose.Morison has concentrated on the possession game and is starting to get it right.Chances and goals will come if we keep playing like that.NG my MOTM :bluescarf:
theclaw

Postby cendl blue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:30 pm

Looking a lot more comfortable on the ball but still no cutting edge. Once that improves I can see us climbing the table hopefully. Some of the crossing in the final third was poor.
cendl blue

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:30 pm

Should have had at a least a point from this. Much improved performance, maybe it was the new loans coming in ?
Even though it's perilously close to the regulation zone - if we play like that most games - we'll start to pick up points....hopefully - just need a little bit of luck in front of goal
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby montyblue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:36 pm

I rbought that was our most confident game of the season if we get moore back in we will be ok
if we play like that we made 2nd place blackburn look very poor collins was poor today imo very unlucky to loose but nobody to finish it infront of goal.
montyblue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:36 pm

theclaw wrote:Played really well and didn’t deserve to lose.Morison has concentrated on the possession game and is starting to get it right.Chances and goals will come if we keep playing like that.NG my MOTM :bluescarf:

Agree. I’d pick Nelson though
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Danny Says » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:37 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Should have had at a least a point from this. Much improved performance, maybe it was the new loans coming in ?
Even though it's perilously close to the regulation zone - if we play like that most games - we'll start to pick up points....hopefully - just need a little bit of luck in front of goal

Much improved? It was painful watching them trying to create something in the final third. Collins is a passenger. Vaulks is the worst player I have seen in a long long time.
You create your own luck. The final delivery was largely abject. Their keeper had little to do. In fact it was probably Blackburn’s most comfortable win this season.
Playing City away is simple; get a lead and you need not do much else as the home team are unlikely to score.
City are so obvious. They need a complete overhaul but whether it’s in this division or league 1 is to be determined.
Danny Says

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:42 pm

Far more positives than negatives. Replace Collins and Vaulks and it will be a decent side. Wintle was excellent.
Bridgwater Blue

Postby fred keenor » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:45 pm

Very little to offer up front , great to see so much possession but in reality we offered nothing up front.
The worst home record in the league and we desperately need a bit mire quality up front and in midfield.
Vaulks and Pack can go now if anyone wants them.
fred keenor

Postby avondaleblue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:45 pm

We played well, just need to be more accurate with the final ball to the strikers. The passing game is definitely improving, and against lower teams we will pick up points. We made Blackburn look very ordinary, Brereton Diaz hardly had a touch. Very impressed with the new lad Drameh especially 1st half. Play like we did today at Bristol next week and we will wim
avondaleblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:46 pm

Painful that is all I can say.

That's 2 points from the last 15. Blackburn got their goal and all they needed to do was stay in 2nd gear which they did. We did not once troubled their keeper and I don't think having Moore in the side would have helped.

We just don't have the squad to stay up.
Bakedalasker

Postby montyblue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:52 pm

Thats the difference at the moment upfront nobody there to finish luton today putting 3 past bournmouth can' t remember when we scored 3
lets hope today peterborough and reading have nobody upfront either
montyblue

Postby Danny Says » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:54 pm

avondaleblue wrote:We played well, just need to be more accurate with the final ball to the strikers. The passing game is definitely improving, and against lower teams we will pick up points. We made Blackburn look very ordinary, Brereton Diaz hardly had a touch. Very impressed with the new lad Drameh especially 1st half. Play like we did today at Bristol next week and we will wim

Blackburn didn’t need to do anything out of the ordinary.
I dare say had we equalised they’d have picked it up and gone on the attack again.
A shocking goal to concede - no excuses for allowing a player to walk up to the area and shoot without any effort to close him down.
I’m not sure how one can take too much from this display. The lack of penetration from midfield, the lack of direct pace and the lack of quality in the final delivery needs to improve massively.
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:02 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
theclaw wrote:Played really well and didn’t deserve to lose.Morison has concentrated on the possession game and is starting to get it right.Chances and goals will come if we keep playing like that.NG my MOTM :bluescarf:

Agree. I’d pick Nelson though

I agree with you, mate! :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Big Hill Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Painful that is all I can say.

That's 2 points from the last 15. Blackburn got their goal and all they needed to do was stay in 2nd gear which they did. We did not once troubled their keeper and I don't think having Moore in the side would have helped.

We just don't have the squad to stay up.

2 points from last 15 played for is not good reading.
Big Hill Blue

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:23 pm

People expect us to play like Real Madrid overnight. Result apart it was a much improved city performance. If we play like that we'll stay up easy.
Sneggyblubird

Postby CF11 Rondo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:38 pm

I thought we looked alright and improved on previous performances. Let’s not forget Blackburn are THE in form team. 8 wins and 2 draws in their last 10 games, 26 points from 30 so anything from this game would’ve been impressive.
We’ve had a tough run playing 2nd, 3rd and 4th in our last 3 games and despite only 1 point we’ve done quite well. Keep the faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
CF11 Rondo

Postby Crayfish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:30 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:People expect us to play like Real Madrid overnight. Result apart it was a much improved city performance. If we play like that we'll stay up easy.

Can’t really subscribe to this we played quite well and if we play like that we will be ok view. It seems naive to me. Yes we passed the ball about well in our own half and midfield but never looked remotely like scoring we hardly created a serious chance all game and that against a Blackburn side having an off day and down to ten men for the last twenty minutes.

It’s like there is no one from our team seems to want to get in the box and actually score a goal. Possession statistics mean absolutely nothing unless you make it count. Not only did we not score whenever looked even capable of scoring.

If any Liverpool people were watching that they won’t be losing any sleep.
Crayfish

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:People expect us to play like Real Madrid overnight. Result apart it was a much improved city performance. If we play like that we'll stay up easy.

The league table does not lie Martin or our results.

I expect us to stay up thanks to other clubs

We are half way through January, and still in a relegation battle, we won’t stay up easy unless we strengthen more.

JANUARY 2022

UPDATED:

‘’Derby County 21 points deducted / Fighting every week

‘Reading 6 points deducted and fighting for every point.
Attachments
2DE59293-B442-4F41-96A4-E534462A5BDD.jpeg
2DE59293-B442-4F41-96A4-E534462A5BDD.jpeg (105.2 KiB) Viewed 2531 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:07 pm

Cardiff worst home record in the Championship

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Danny Says » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:12 pm

You must have watched a different game to me. Unless your comment was based on being satisfied with lots of possession.
But with no end product that is not going to be enough. Yes it’s better on the eye than the aerial stuff of McCarthy but that’s only superficial.
Once Blackburn score it was game over. 9 teams (Sheff U aside who turned the game against 10 men) have now won on our turf. All they need to do is score first and (Huddersfield aside) and need to do little else to win.
Until we get a replacement for Tomlin or Wilson ie creative midfielders who can create and score then we are not going to get enough goals to win games. One will not be enough as we can never keep a clean sheet.
Danny Says

Postby Big Hill Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:13 pm

Hoping these "improved performances" garner more than the previous 5 games...2 from 15 not the sign of an improvement.
Big Hill Blue

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:06 pm

Danny Says wrote:

You must have watched a different game to me. Unless your comment was based on being satisfied with lots of possession.
But with no end product that is not going to be enough. Yes it’s better on the eye than the aerial stuff of McCarthy but that’s only superficial.
Once Blackburn score it was game over. 9 teams (Sheff U aside who turned the game against 10 men) have now won on our turf. All they need to do is score first and (Huddersfield aside) and need to do little else to win.
Until we get a replacement for Tomlin or Wilson ie creative midfielders who can create and score then we are not going to get enough goals to win games. One will not be enough as we can never keep a clean sheet.

Correct Danny as been said on here time and time again and proven possession does not guarantee to you to win games and means nothing if your NO good upfront.

No Wilson massive loss.

James Collins as I said months ago , he will not do the job for us and Mark Harris is a 20 min player.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:11 pm

Crayfish wrote:

Can’t really subscribe to this we played quite well and if we play like that we will be ok view. It seems naive to me. Yes we passed the ball about well in our own half and midfield but never looked remotely like scoring we hardly created a serious chance all game and that against a Blackburn side having an off day and down to ten men for the last twenty minutes.

It’s like there is no one from our team seems to want to get in the box and actually score a goal. Possession statistics mean absolutely nothing unless you make it count. Not only did we not score whenever looked even capable of scoring.

That's a little harsh, as I felt the players were trying to get forward

If I have a criticism, it is the high number of completely wasted balls that turn attack into rapid defence

I actually quite like Marlon Pack when he does his job. Sadly, today he was woeful in his passing game; but he was still a better option than Vaulks, who must surely be worried for his future?

One or two of the right additions (Drameh a good start) and we can start converting performances into points

It's so often a fine margin and Blackburn proved that today! :cry:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:19 pm

Sven wrote:
Crayfish wrote:

If I have a criticism, it is the high number of completely wasted balls that turn attack into rapid defence

This is my issue too. With soooo many CBs we have one less body infront, one less outlet, even if it is an aimless hoof. That the ball invariably just comes straight back at us.

Attack is the first form of defence and all that!

I mean, most teams we play have 1 up front. But we have 2 spare men getting in each others way, it's allowing their midfielder runners to get forward, and us then f*cking up. Lost count how many times.

Keep it simple.
jimmy_rat

Return to General Chat