BLACK CATS LOOKING TO RECRUIT ADEN FLINT?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:58 pm

CARDIFF CITYSOURCES: SUNDERLAND EYEING UP SURPRISE MOVE FOR CARDIFF CITY PLAYER
By Billy Mulley

Sunderland are considering a move for Cardiff City defender Aden Flint, Football League World understands.

Flint has been a regular starter for the Bluebirds this season, with the 32-year-old appearing 22 times in the Championship thus far.

The towering defender has been operating at second-tier level for the last six and a half seasons, proving to be a tough opponent to come up against, whilst providing a threat from set-pieces.

His aerial prowess has led him to score 27 Championship goals during his career so far, with four of those coming this season.

As well as possessing a wealth of Championship experience, Flint has also helped guide Bristol City out of League One back during the 2014/15 campaign.

The Robins possessed the best defensive record that season, whilst he netted an amazing 14 league goals in the process.

The Black Cats are hoping to break back into the Championship, and this season is shaping up to be their best opportunity yet, with Lee Johnson’s men the current occupiers of second place.

However, Wigan Athletic have five games in hand and are a mere five points below the Wearside club, in an extremely competitive top end of the division.

Sunderland appear to be casting their eyes over experience to help guide them back to the second-tier in their fourth attempt.
Attachments
0051eac8-02a6-11ec-b566-244966c549e3.jpg
0051eac8-02a6-11ec-b566-244966c549e3.jpg (434.83 KiB) Viewed 5655 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BLACK CATS LOOKING TO RECRUIT ADEN FLINT?

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:12 pm

Surely better to keep than sell him ?
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:37 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Surely better to keep than sell him ?

I’d agree with that.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Big Hill Blue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:40 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’d agree with that.

I'd agree with your agreement
Big Hill Blue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:42 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’d agree with that.

We’re all agreed to agree then :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:15 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’d agree with that.

I'd say so, too; but I don't know his wages and the club may see an opportunity?

Centre-half is not our weakest position in numbers but we do have too many 'samey' in style, so could bring in a more mobile loanee?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:19 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’d agree with that.

I'd say so, too; but I don't know his wages and the club may see an opportunity?

Centre-half is not our weakest position in numbers but we do have too many 'samey' in style, so could bring in a more mobile loanee?

That’s true Chris. His wages would need to drop significantly I’d imagine but other things that could come into play such as is he settled in the area?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby HarriRhys22 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:33 pm

Flint or Morrison have to go in the Summer as they’re too similar so if we can get a fee let him go now and bring in a player on loan!
HarriRhys22

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:49 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Flint or Morrison have to go in the Summer as they’re too similar so if we can get a fee let him go now and bring in a player on loan!

It's a thought and I feel we have cover in the same mode; but prefer to keep for the battle ahead :thumbright:
Sven

Postby EastleighBlue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:52 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Flint or Morrison have to go in the Summer as they’re too similar so if we can get a fee let him go now and bring in a player on loan!

#

Hes the lynch pin in probably the poorest defence we've had in twenty years. If offered any fee absolutely sell. I'd much rather recruit another loan centre half and use Morrison. Morrison deserves more loyalty than Flint too. I doubt Sunderland can afford Flint though.
EastleighBlue

Postby Crayfish » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:29 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:

#

Hes the lynch pin in probably the poorest defence we've had in twenty years. If offered any fee absolutely sell. I'd much rather recruit another loan centre half and use Morrison. Morrison deserves more loyalty than Flint too. I doubt Sunderland can afford Flint though.

Doubt if we would be asking too much for Flint. We have three options in central defence,four if you count Brown.Would be inclined to let him go if we could get halfway decent money for him.
Crayfish

Postby NPCF3 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:36 pm

Flint doesn't suit this league any more.

Has been okay for us, nowhere near worth the fee paid though.

Any fee received now would be good if replaced with a ball-playing defender.
NPCF3

Postby montyblue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:04 pm

CRAYFISH

could not see anyone paying anything for brown he does not look anything like div 1 let alone championship very poor player in my opinion bagan looks a lot better than brown even at his young age.
montyblue

Postby montyblue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:09 pm

CRAYFISH

I think flint has been our best defender to date out of morrison and nelson and scored a few i could see us getting something for flint and he has played with a bit of pride for the shirt when others have' nt.
montyblue

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:33 pm

I like Flinty but no point having him and Mozza on the books.

Let him go - one of the few positions we have plenty of options (Nelson, Mozza, McGuiness, plus I think NG and Pack could both do a job in a back three)

His wages could free up space for a pacy winger that we are desperate for.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:58 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:I like Flinty but no point having him and Mozza on the books.

Let him go - one of the few positions we have plenty of options (Nelson, Mozza, McGuiness, plus I think NG and Pack could both do a job in a back three)

His wages could free up space for a pacy winger that we are desperate for.

Agree; Mozzer MotM in the last game and I believe his captaincy will see us out of the mire in the latter season :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby CantonStandBob » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:57 am

Agree with keeping hold of Flint until the summer, besides McGuinness who has been almost faultless since coming in to the team Flint has been our best defender. BUT if he does get taken Jagielka is free after being released by Derby as the EFL wont sanction an extension due to the embargo. He is 39 but may be worth a deal until the summer to steady the back, he has done well for Derby this season despite his age.
CantonStandBob

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:51 am

Sven wrote:

It's a thought and I feel we have cover in the same mode; but prefer to keep for the battle ahead :thumbright:

If we had someone decent and more mobile lined up to replace him I would not object!
nubbsy

Postby theclaw » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:44 am

I’d sell and move the more mobile McGuiness back to centre half,bit of a risk I know but someone needs to move.
theclaw

Postby Crayfish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:03 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:Agree with keeping hold of Flint until the summer, besides McGuinness who has been almost faultless since coming in to the team Flint has been our best defender. BUT if he does get taken Jagielka is free after being released by Derby as the EFL wont sanction an extension due to the embargo. He is 39 but may be worth a deal until the summer to steady the back, he has done well for Derby this season despite his age.

I think Jagielka has just signed for Stoke.

I like Flint and would rather keep him than lose him but we have to look at our overall financial position too. If we can get fee for him and get him off the wage bill he isn’t the worst player to lose.
Crayfish

Return to General Chat