Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BIELSA: 'DIFFERENCE OF OPINION' BEFORE DRAMEH 'LOAN' MOVE

Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:44 pm

Marcelo Bielsa reveals difference of opinion which led to Leeds United star joining Cardiff City
By Glen Williams

Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa has revealed he wanted Cody Drameh to stay at Elland Road but the player pushed for a move to Cardiff City in pursuit of game-time.

Some Leeds fans were perplexed when their club allowed Drameh to leave on loan this week, given their club is enduring something of an injury crisis at present.

Drameh had made a few first-team appearances and Bielsa has confirmed he would have preferred for the player to stay at the Yorkshire club as they navigated through this difficult period.

However, the Leeds boss has said Drameh saw it "in a different way" and Bielsea respected the player's opinion.

"No, I did not think he needed to play games elsewhere," Bielsa said on Friday. "He was a player who was very necessary with all of the absences we have.

"He preferred to go and play outside of Leeds. In a situation with opportunities for youngsters has increased clearly, in this case, Drameh would prefer to experiment outside our team. I consider that position valid and I do not think it makes sense to oppose him. What I imagined as a great opportunity, he imagined it in a different way.

"It's more important what he thinks than what I think. I don't think it's convenient to impose in a situation where a player does or does not want to belong
."

While Drameh clearly went against what was proposed to him, Leeds' loss certainly seems to be Cardiff's gain.

It is hoped that Drameh will add much-needed pace to this Cardiff squad in the hope of pushing the team away from relegation in the back half of the season.

However, Bielsa has no criticism of the player for making that decision, accepting that the two parties ultimately saw things differently and a decision was made.

"It's not disappointing," Bielsa added. "Having said that, a lot of the young players who have accompanied the first team have chosen to go elsewhere.

"Evidently, what I have proposed to them is not what they desire. So I do not criticise it, I don’t condemn it. It doesn’t disappoint me. Clearly, I calculated things wrongly because what I consider a great opportunity, there are very few or no teams with youngsters like us in the Premier League.

"Those who are benefiting from that position, they prefer to abandon the club looking for another type of competition. Evidently, what I imagined as a great chance, they don’t.

"Perhaps I overvalue that you're in a 20-man squad in the best league in the world
."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BIELSA: 'DIFFERENCE OF OPINION' BEFORE DRAMEH 'LOAN' MOV

Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:58 pm

Seems Bielsa didn't want it to happen, as he 'values' his players staying within the Leeds United group; something he prefers from those players he has under his command

He (Bielsa) says he is not perplexed but even giving leeway for his interpretor, he doesn't sound 'happy' about it; although he isn't shutting the proverbial door to his United career

Seemingly, a brave decision from Cody Drameh, who simply wants to play football; and (thanks to the combined efforts of Steve Morison, his team, the club and former Bluebird Andy Taylor) he chose the mighty Bluebirds over other options...

Welcome (again), Cody Drameh... :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Re: BIELSA: 'DIFFERENCE OF OPINION' BEFORE DRAMEH 'LOAN' MOV

Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:15 am

Seems both Bielsa and the Leeds fans are 'very unhappy' with Drameh forcing a move to a bigger club to ply his trade...

Shows the ambition of the lad IMHO, as he just wants to play football

Oddly, no sign of that 'Andy' fella purporting to be a Leeds supporter during this lengthy acquisition? :?

Now wait for it... ;)