Burnley 'keen' on Kieffer Moore

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:22 pm

The first actual report of Burnley showing interest in Kieffer Moore has surfaced.

It was a matter of time before that happened, of course, after the Clarets' front man Chris Wood was snapped up by Newcastle United on Thursday morning.

GiveMeSport have claimed that Burnley are indeed interested in replacing Wood with Cardiff striker Moore.

However, on Thursday Steve Morison insisted there had been no approach from anyone to take Moore away from the Welsh capital.

Morison said. "It’s just something that’s made up in the press, because until someone gives us an actual phone call, it feels like a bit of a pointless conversation.

"We keep having the same conversation and nothing ever changes. As far as I’m concerned, Kieffer hasn’t knocked on my door or an agent hasn’t phoned me up, or the board.

"Chris Wood signs for Newcastle and everyone will be telling me he is going to Burnley tomorrow.

"Someone puts it on social media and it causes an unnecessary storm."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Burnley 'keen' on Kieffer Moore

Postby NIBluebird » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:43 pm

£10 m

Theyve earned £25m so still in pocket
NIBluebird

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:16 pm

Interesting to listen to Simon Jordan on TalkSport today, as he believes that by taking a £20m payment (he called it £25m+ in real terms as it is all 'up front') from Newcastle United for 'more than decent' player Chris Wood, they are 'prepping' for relegation to the Championship at a very early stage, where he believes they will struggle due to already existing financial restraints

He said it was an 'odd' sale to a rival who will be difficult to replace with the money they will 'free up'

Keiffer Moore is inevitably 'linked', despite Steve Morison saying he is going nowhere; but Jordan seems to think a (wrong in his opinion) move for Reading's former Newcastle striker Andy Carroll may be in the pipeline... :shock:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:24 pm

Sven wrote:Interesting to listen to Simon Jordan on TalkSport today, as he believes that by taking a £20m payment (he called it £25m+ in real terms as it is all 'up front') from Newcastle United for 'more than decent' player Chris Wood, they are 'prepping' for relegation to the Championship at a very early stage, where he believes they will struggle due to already existing financial restraints

He said it was an 'odd' sale to a rival who will be difficult to replace with the money they will 'free up'

Keiffer Moore is inevitably 'linked', despite Steve Morison saying he is going nowhere; but Jordan seems to think a (wrong in his opinion) move for Reading's former Newcastle striker Andy Carroll may be in the pipeline... :shock:

Unless there was a release clause in Wood's contract, very strange for Burnley to let him go to a rival.

I can't see them coming in for Moore.

Feel sorry for Sean Dyche. Great manager but not been backed in the transfer market as much as he should have been.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby maccydee » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 pm

Sven wrote:Interesting to listen to Simon Jordan on TalkSport today, as he believes that by taking a £20m payment (he called it £25m+ in real terms as it is all 'up front') from Newcastle United for 'more than decent' player Chris Wood, they are 'prepping' for relegation to the Championship at a very early stage, where he believes they will struggle due to already existing financial restraints

They activated his release clause.

Wood has trebled his weekly wage.

Desperation.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:30 pm

maccydee wrote:

Desperation.

Oddly though, Jordan insisted his 'release clause' was this coming summer and not now, which smacks of desperation; particularly selling to their relegation rivals...? :shock:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby maccydee » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:02 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Desperation.

Oddly though, Jordan insisted his 'release clause' was this coming summer and not now, which smacks of desperation; particularly selling to their relegation rivals...? :shock:

Maybe I am wrong then.

I was going on what I read about it being his release clause. Else why would they sell?
maccydee

Postby City slicker27 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:12 pm

If there is genuine interest from Burnley you'd like to think the club are In a position to push for a decent fee. Burnley need a striker, we have one they might want, and we know they have just received 20mill for wood.

Still think we are better off bringing in players to provide better service for Moore rather than selling him.
City slicker27

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:27 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Desperation.

Maybe I am wrong then.

I was going on what I read about it being his release clause. Else why would they sell?

I think that's why Jordan said it was an 'act of preparation for relegation' as they were maximising his (Woods) worth in a 'cash up front' scenario that would likely not happen in the summer when their (Newcatle's) Premier League (or not) future will be known and they can 'target' appropriately

He (Jordan) also alluded to the £20m 'up front' being the equivalent of £25m - £30m in 'instalment' talk

I can't see why they (Burnley) did it, as it's odd that they would sell so easily to a relegation rival unless there were financial issues behind the scenes?
Sven

Postby stickywicket » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:53 pm

Burnley are a canny lot with money.A cheaper and better option Andy Carroll.

https://the72.co.uk/259795/burnley-link ... y-carroll/
stickywicket

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:25 pm

stickywicket wrote:Burnley are a canny lot with money.A cheaper and better option Andy Carroll.

https://the72.co.uk/259795/burnley-link ... y-carroll/

That would be good as it would weaken Reading :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:29 pm

Carrol could easily be injured next week and never be seen again for the rest of the season. I am surprised he lasted this long for Reading, thats two months.

IMO Moore's strength is pinning the centre halfs, he is an handful physically and surprisingly mobile, willing to run the channels this allows the attacking midfielders that extra space they crave. Obviously our problem is we don't have any attacking midfielders. Footballers careers are short and i'd want to get out of here.

I'd let him go for 5 million with add ons. We need a mobile Frazier Campbell type striker. We don't have the dribblers or crossers for a target man. We need to play it into space and take chances. A dwight Gale type loan to see us through to the summer.
llan bluebird

Postby Lengee » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:05 am

I can’t see Moore going to Burnley. I can easily see them in the Championship next year. But I can see him at a club like Wolves or possibly West Ham.
Antway its pretty likely he will go. Whats imp is that we don’t end up selling at the end of the window with no replacement lined up. I would like him to stay, but if he is going then hopefully sooner rather than at the end of the window. I just hope we have a “replacement” in mind. (Irons in the fire). Worst case scenario last minute transfer and Collins and Watters as only striker options upfront. :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby Igovernor » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:46 pm

What i see is burnley are looking at 2 strikers from abroad, but if they cannot get either they will put a low bid in for moore near the end of the window which city will turn down unless they can get a replcement in. I do believe moore would turn them down anyway.
I believe that the team we need to worry about is Bournemouth coming in with a bid.
They are struggling to hold the second spot and with the riches of the premier, could be money well spent on moore!
Igovernor

Return to General Chat