Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City - Biggest yo-yo club?

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:33 am

According to this stat on social media - we've had the most Promotions/relegations in the English football system :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City - Biggest yo-yo club?

Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:21 am

Where the hell do they get their stats from :lol:
In the championship for nearly 20 years with 2 promotions to the Premier League in that time does not constitute being a yo-yo club :shock: :? :roll:

Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:37 am

Ponty Bluebird wrote:Where the hell do they get their stats from :lol:
In the championship for nearly 20 years with 2 promotions to the Premier League in that time does not constitute being a yo-yo club :shock: :? :roll:

Football existed before the premier league In my time watching city they have been relegated of promoted 18 times and the total amount is correct

Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:50 am

I can see that 'back in the day' we were a 'Yo-Yo' club; but I am surprised we are No.1 :shock:

I am equally surprised not to see the likes of Norwich up there; but maybe they are just the modern example of a 'Yo-yo' club in front of Fulham and West Brom :o

Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:25 am

Sven wrote:I can see that 'back in the day' we were a 'Yo-Yo' club; but I am surprised we are No.1 :shock:

I am equally surprised not to see the likes of Norwich up there; but maybe they are just the modern example of a 'Yo-yo' club in front of Fulham and West Brom :o

During the 70's ad 80's we were up and down like a uh....yo yo and finally reaching the Dungeon in 86.

Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:17 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:I can see that 'back in the day' we were a 'Yo-Yo' club; but I am surprised we are No.1 :shock:

During the 70's ad 80's we were up and down like a uh....yo yo and finally reaching the Dungeon in 86.

We were promoted or relegated 6 times in the 80s alone At least we got to see many different teams each year lol

Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:22 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Yes, like you, I was amongst the few who saw it all and it was a concentrated period of ups and downs

I know we had periods of similar ups and downs either side of the war (I wasn't there for that :laughing6: ) but I'm still a little surprised no one has had more than us

We can't ever say life is dull at our club though, Ian... :thumbup: :lol:

Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:45 pm

I reckon the, string has broken on our yo yo. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:10 pm

I thought WBA would hold that record. WBA standing for Were Back Again.