Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YA CITY YA

Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:32 am

Well done to the city players , management and fans.

It’s been a tough season but there is light at the end of the tunnel. We have players nearing the end of contracts, some that have served us well and others not so much... but ultimately we have an unsustainable wage structure. Thank you all, best wishes.

Onwards and upwards signing young & hungry players at a fraction of the wage running the club in the correct manner promoting the youth and all having something to be proud of.

I’m actually more optimistic now than in many years gone by. Keep the faith - it’s not our best season on the pitch nobody is saying it is but the fans have been brilliant, strong away followings well done to you bluebirds it’s a true credit that in such a nothing season we have so many travelling.

Finally a shout out the academy lads some who may even read this forum, we are proud of you keep putting it on the line!

Welshman.

Re: YA CITY YA

Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:56 am

Where’s Barclay?

Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:56 am

kav_8 wrote:Well done to the city players , management and fans.

It’s been a tough season but there is light at the end of the tunnel. We have players nearing the end of contracts, some that have served us well and others not so much... but ultimately we have an unsustainable wage structure. Thank you all, best wishes.

Onwards and upwards signing young & hungry players at a fraction of the wage running the club in the correct manner promoting the youth and all having something to be proud of.

I’m actually more optimistic now than in many years gone by. Keep the faith - it’s not our best season on the pitch nobody is saying it is but the fans have been brilliant, strong away followings well done to you bluebirds it’s a true credit that in such a nothing season we have so many travelling.

Finally a shout out the academy lads some who may even read this forum, we are proud of you keep putting it on the line!

Welshman.

Great Post!

Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:57 am

maccydee wrote:Where’s Barclay?

His negativity will be on here any moment.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:03 am

wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:Where’s Barclay?

His negativity will be on here any moment.

Seen the one about getting Murphy back and slating the committee? I pointed out some of the good signings made recently.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:30 am

A weird OP IMHO (in a weird language, too! :oops: ) that is way too early to be showing some pretty good servants to this club the exit door :roll:

Some may stay, most will go; but they still have an active and important part to play, if we are to avoid relegation this particular season

Let's get behind all those who remain, including Bacuna and others, and let the season clear out take care of itself

Right now, we need 'supporters' and not mischievous (possibly inebriated) occasional visitors like kav_8 :(

Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:49 pm

Sven wrote:A weird OP IMHO (in a weird language, too! :oops: ) that is way too early to be showing some pretty good servants to this club the exit door :roll:

Some may stay, most will go; but they still have an active and important part to play, if we are to avoid relegation this particular season

Let's get behind all those who remain, including Bacuna and others, and let the season clear out take care of itself

Right now, we need 'supporters' and not mischievous (possibly inebriated) occasional visitors like kav_8 :(

I think one of the best posts I’ve seen in a while.

Beats constant negativity

Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:47 pm

Im here..... and am very saddened that the OP has posted this simply to get a response.

We'll, here you have it, my response is CLEAR.

A ridiculous post in the extreme. I just wonder in which department you work at the club.

ANYONE happy with what is going on at our club at the moment or think we are heading in the right direction seriously needs to open their eyes.

Why call me out? How about calling out the myriads of others who see it my way?

That's all I'm going to say on this thread.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:04 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Im here..... and am very saddened that the OP has posted this simply to get a response.

A ridiculous post in the extreme. I just wonder in which department you work at the club.

ANYONE happy with what is going on at our club at the moment or think we are heading in the right direction seriously needs to open their eyes.

MYRIADS??? now you are sretching it!!

Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:11 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Im here..... and am very saddened that the OP has posted this simply to get a response.

MYRIADS??? now you are sretching it!!

If the cap fits, Paul... ;)

Remember this guy; possibly related to Barclay1...? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:16 pm

He hardly made out all was roses and light. He stated that we are having difficulties and said the future is brighter as we get a more sustainable budget.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:20 pm

So bringing through youth, buying younger players, getting rid of high earning nobodies, sorting out our over inflated wage bill and trying to get a grip of our finances out and building new Accademy's isn't good then ?.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:

So bringing through youth, buying younger players, getting rid of high earning nobodies, sorting out our over inflated wage bill and trying to get a grip of our finances out and building new Accademy's isn't good then ?.

If Sam did it. Or anyone other than Tan.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:52 pm

maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I find it hysterical when they slag tan off about the academy, the academy over the last 10 years has had massive investment ,its night and day compared to previous owners ,the facilities are premiership class ,and more is to come . We are starting to see the fruits of our labour ,I can see a great future of bringing home grown players through .

Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I find it hysterical when they slag tan off about the academy, the academy over the last 10 years has had massive investment ,its night and day compared to previous owners ,the facilities are premiership class ,and more is to come . We are starting to see the fruits of our labour ,I can see a great future of bringing home grown players through .

Wez, were we (or are we about to be) upgraded in our Academy status...? :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:22 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez, were we (or are we about to be) upgraded in our Academy status...? :ayatollah:

I think the plan is still a up grade of status ,exciting times ahead .

Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think the plan is still a up grade of status ,exciting times ahead .

Thanks, Wes :thumbup:

Happy New Year to you and the old man... :D