RACIST SHEEP CHANTING WORLD DARTS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby montyblue » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:47 pm

sky tv bang on about stamping out any racism or derogatory chanting it was non stop sheep sha..ing b.st.rd we know what you are aimed at gerwin pryce all through the match and booed everytime he went for a double
i gather he brings a lot on him self but nobody at the venue in an official copacity never once tried stopping it cheering and singing is fine but booing and sheep constantly was not on to anyone individual .
montyblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: RACIST SHEEP CHANTING WORLD DARTS

Postby theclaw » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:31 pm

montyblue wrote:sky tv bang on about stamping out any racism or derogatory chanting it was non stop sheep sha..ing b.st.rd we know what you are aimed at gerwin pryce all through the match and booed everytime he went for a double
i gather he brings a lot on him self but nobody at the venue in an official copacity never once tried stopping it cheering and singing is fine but booing and sheep constantly was not on to anyone individual .

Have to agree with,surprised nothing was said or done.
theclaw

Postby nubbsy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:39 pm

Snowflake
nubbsy

Postby ThomasC » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:42 pm

What are you expecting from a pub game? :lol: You can take the game out of the pub, but you can't take the pub out of the game...that just about works, umm lol
ThomasC

Postby RV Casual » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:43 pm

Whilst I would rather just take it on the chin and put it down as banter which is what it is realy you are right the double standards are astounding. Not once did they say anything, mute it or say 'appologies for any offensive language' like you get in the Football.

Not sure but thats the first time I have hered it sung at the darts so maybe it just caught them out but they were blasting, b*stard, b*stard, b*stard out loud and proud for long periods, was a stange one for Sky to let on as they are renound for muting and sound control
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:47 pm

nubbsy wrote:Snowflake

I dont think hes being a snowflake just highlightinh the double standards.

Im fairly confident that if it was in Cardiff and thd fans had started chanting 'you dirty enlglish b*stard' on repeat Sky would have muted it and the commentators would have been falling overthemselves to applogise to those at home.
RV Casual

Postby ThomasC » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:49 pm

RV Casual wrote:Whilst I would rather just take it on the chin and put it down as banter which is what it is realy you are right the double standards are astounding. Not once did they say anything, mute it or say 'appologies for any offensive language' like you get in the Football.

Not sure but thats the first time I have hered it sung at the darts so maybe it just caught them out but they were blasting, b*stard, b*stard, b*stard out loud and proud for long periods, was a stange one for Sky to let on as they are renound for muting and sound control

There's a lot of drunk people at darts. There's a lot of library card holders with +5 credit at football. I do agree on selective muting by sky though
Last edited by ThomasC on Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThomasC

Postby montyblue » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:49 pm

I was quite suprised that nothing came out on the tannoy st the venue asking the crowd to be respectful and refrain from booing when any player is throwing for a double
Very poor from the world darts championship
montyblue

Postby ThomasC » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:58 pm

montyblue wrote:I was quite suprised that nothing came out on the tannoy st the venue asking the crowd to be respectful and refrain from booing when any player is throwing for a double
Very poor from the world darts championship

This should get to be a sticky if the mods wake up mate. The title contains 'racist' and 'sheep' it make a bloody change from 'Boris' and 'Virus' :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
ThomasC

Postby blue for you » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:30 pm

I think this is totally wrong. If the crowd were chanting “black bast*rd” then sky would go into meltdown.
Why is the it acceptable to insult a Welsh man and chant that he’s a “sheep shagging bast*rd”?
Pub game title doesn’t mean it’s acceptable
Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not talking about me
blue for you

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:07 am

180 ;) :occasion5:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:17 am

Yup! :thumbup:

Suddenly people are actively looking to take offence at anything/everything; sometimes (as in Monty's case here) to start a needless thread on a football Forum

Not for his own ends, of course... ;) :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:27 am

Sven wrote:

Suddenly people are actively looking to take offence at anything/everything; sometimes (as in Monty's case here) to start a needless thread on a football Forum

I regularly watch a boxing chanel from miami , and the creator has just discovered darts on dazn, and was himself disgusted at the booing, and he also said it should had at least been muted! But muted doesn't stop it taking place! I rarely agree with it being racist, as we call ourselves sheep shaggers, but combined with the booing, I find it double standard fro the venue, and officials, would they have said something, if it were the other way around? I personally think they would have at least said something to the crowd, to say "they were all pisse" is no good, as half the guys in the CCS have had a fair bit too!
bluesince62

Postby Jock » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:32 am

blue for you wrote:I think this is totally wrong. If the crowd were chanting “black bast*rd” then sky would go into meltdown.
Why is the it acceptable to insult a Welsh man and chant that he’s a “sheep shagging bast*rd”?
Pub game title doesn’t mean it’s acceptable

Man the fekk up, there is no equivalence whatsoever.
Jock

Postby montyblue » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:36 am

SVEN

Would you prefer i stay off tbis forum because you consistently jump on my back at every opportunity and its getting very wearing and childish on your part i merely mention something and your off there are plenty of topics on this forum which are not football related so why say that its a NEEDLESS THREAD you really need to stop otherwise you are going to stop people contributing to the forum and you seem to love arguing with people so could you please give it a rest.
montyblue

Postby ThomasC » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:46 am

Sven wrote:

This is in no way a 'needless thread.' It's current, involves the actual phrases fan's hear and shout themselves. If I held the finger of power i'd make this a sticky.
ThomasC

Postby RV Casual » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:55 am

montyblue wrote:SVEN

Would you prefer i stay off tbis forum because you consistently jump on my back at every opportunity and its getting very wearing and childish on your part i merely mention something and your off there are plenty of topics on this forum which are not football related so why say that its a NEEDLESS THREAD you really need to stop otherwise you are going to stop people contributing to the forum and you seem to love arguing with people so could you please give it a rest.
#

Not sure what the crack is between you and Sven on here but maybe just agree to ignore each others posts or something?

I like Sven he's a good man but on this topic I can see the point you were making and it's bang on the money on the part of double standards shown by Sky with their selective muting and what should and shouldn't be 'kicked out' although your title is a bit OTT, I'm guessing that's what he is getting at and it doesn't help when other's try to compare it to actual Racism which is another level altogether. If the post was titled 'Double Standards by SKY', you would have probably had more agreeing with you.

People are too quick to take offence these days that is an absolute fact but the word 'Snowflake' is also chucked out like 'old Christmas wrapping paper' when it suits also.

If the game was in Cardiff and the whole crowd were singing 'You dirty English b*stard' to James Wade then I have no doubt the commentator's would have apologized, Sky would have muted it and us Welsh would have been vilified in the press like the Scot's were in the Euros, but this just gets ignored, swept under the carpet. Fair play to Gerwyn the man is an absolute star and I hope he goes on to win it back to back to shut them up. :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:43 pm

montyblue wrote:SVEN

Sorry, Monty; I didn't realise you only want 'one-way' traffic where you say what you like (right or mainly wrong) and don't expect opposing views

Personally, I think too much is made of what occurred but I do largely agree with comments made by RV Casual (above)

SKY have brought a lot of this on themselves by their 'policy' of replacing good sports presenters with 'representative' ones (some good, some not so good)

And what they've just done to the superb David 'Bumble' Lloyd is (IMHO) a disgrace; so I guess they have opened themselves up quite a bit and should have had the 'mute' button in use

But to call the darts situation 'racism' is well wide of the mark and smacks of 'looking to be offended' by those who are now pushing the 'easily offended' button
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:43 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Sven wrote:

This is in no way a 'needless thread.' It's current, involves the actual phrases fan's hear and shout themselves. If I held the finger of power i'd make this a sticky.

Done :thumbup:
Sven

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:51 pm

Racist sheep!.. :P Baa-aahh..
rumpo kid

Postby montyblue » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:04 pm

SVEN

My big issue is NEEDLESS THREAD on a football forum why so?
Just looking throught the topics on the forum i see one headlined
BEST THREE TV COMEDIES AND ONE YOU HATE
Posted by wayne
it has nothing to do with the football and i would not run the lad down for posting it but you did not call it a NEEDLESS THREAD for a football forum infact you contributed to it with your own selection
You also said you personally think to much is made of what occured
Well don' t contribute then on the topic .
montyblue

Postby cardiff 74 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:03 pm

Gerwyn price does not deserve to be called a sheep nagging b*stard by the ally pally crowd I can’t believe they are chanting I thought dart fans where very much all together yes you can say he’s sometimes brings it on himself but don’t forget he is a ex rugby Union player a very good one has well and has the winning mentality in his make up shows great passion I get he not everybody favourite but still deserves respect from the ally pally crowd.I have also noticed that when the ladies dart player fallon played Steve Beaton the ally pally fans turned on Beaton made him out to be the villan that can’t be right
cardiff 74

Postby skiprat » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:21 pm

RV Casual wrote:

I dont think hes being a snowflake just highlightinh the double standards.

Im fairly confident that if it was in Cardiff and thd fans had started chanting 'you dirty enlglish b*stard' on repeat Sky would have muted it and the commentators would have been falling overthemselves to applogise to those at home.

Spot on .
skiprat

Postby cardiff 74 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:35 pm

If darts is not carefull it will go the way of boxing when fans end up fighting among themselves because someone will get offended and it won’t take much to spark it off more so when they are all pissed up
cardiff 74

Postby Jimmy Scoular » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:44 pm

I am a well balanced Taff a chip on both shoulders...for fucks sake get a grip who cares woke bollocks.

What do you call a sheep tied to a lampost in Tredegar..... A leisure centre !!!
Jimmy Scoular

Postby New Day Rising » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:50 pm

Bloody hell a post about chanting on a football fan board,what next ?
New Day Rising

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:37 am

cardiff 74 wrote:Gerwyn price does not deserve to be called a sheep nagging b*stard by the ally pally crowd I can’t believe they are chanting I thought dart fans where very much all together yes you can say he’s sometimes brings it on himself but don’t forget he is a ex rugby Union player a very good one has well and has the winning mentality in his make up shows great passion I get he not everybody favourite but still deserves respect from the ally pally crowd.I have also noticed that when the ladies dart player fallon played Steve Beaton the ally pally fans turned on Beaton made him out to be the villan that can’t be right

Oh woke off you tedious cock.. (to Hark the Herald Angels)..
rumpo kid

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:23 am

Apologies for the bad language Castleblue.. was unnecessary.
rumpo kid

Postby RV Casual » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:48 pm

rumpo kid wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:Gerwyn price does not deserve to be called a sheep nagging b*stard by the ally pally crowd I can’t believe they are chanting I thought dart fans where very much all together yes you can say he’s sometimes brings it on himself but don’t forget he is a ex rugby Union player a very good one has well and has the winning mentality in his make up shows great passion I get he not everybody favourite but still deserves respect from the ally pally crowd.I have also noticed that when the ladies dart player fallon played Steve Beaton the ally pally fans turned on Beaton made him out to be the villan that can’t be right

Oh woke off you tedious cock.. (to Hark the Herald Angels)..

What a prick, lay off the beers fella
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:49 pm

Jimmy Scoular wrote:I am a well balanced Taff a chip on both shoulders...for fucks sake get a grip who cares woke bollocks.

What do you call a sheep tied to a lampost in Tredegar..... A leisure centre !!!

How is calling out double standards 'woke bollocks', absolute troll
RV Casual

Next

Return to General Chat