“ Four Cardiff players to go out this January? “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:08 pm

Joel Bagan reminded everyone of maybe his potential with an impressive performance for the under-23s on Tuesday afternoon, but could well be one of those loaned out, as playing for the U23’s against lower league teams won’t get him anywhere and with Morison recently admitting the youngster perhaps isn't yet ready for the demands of Championship football.

He said: "I just think we need to look after him, there is a really good player there. But it won’t do anyone any good if we keep chucking him in and he’s not right where he needs to be."

Joel Bagan is 20 years old and a Southampton Accademy player released by them over a year ago.

Similar decisions could be made for the likes of Sam Bowen and Chanka Zimba , but Cardiff could yet add to their youth ranks, with reports suggesting that youngster Miguel Freckleton is on the Bluebirds' radar??

Chanka Zimba needs to go to a League 1 or 2 side on loan with Morison saying he is virtually way of Championship football at the moment.

Ciaron Brown could be also sent out again, although Brown is coming to the end of his contract next June.
Attachments
0BC5840B-62D8-4462-A2EA-988E61296FB5.jpeg
0BC5840B-62D8-4462-A2EA-988E61296FB5.jpeg (265.8 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Four Cardiff players to go out this January? “

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:Joel Bagan reminded everyone of maybe his potential with an impressive performance for the under-23s on Tuesday afternoon, but could well be one of those loaned out, as playing for the U23’s against lower league teams won’t get him anywhere and with Morison recently admitting the youngster perhaps isn't yet ready for the demands of Championship football.

He said: "I just think we need to look after him, there is a really good player there. But it won’t do anyone any good if we keep chucking him in and he’s not right where he needs to be."

Joel Bagan is 20 years old and a Southampton Accademy player released by them over a year ago.

Similar decisions could be made for the likes of Sam Bowen and Chanka Zimba , but Cardiff could yet add to their youth ranks, with reports suggesting that youngster Miguel Freckleton is on the Bluebirds' radar??

Chanka Zimba needs to go to a League 1 or 2 side on loan with Morison saying he is virtually way of Championship football at the moment.

Ciaron Brown could be also sent out again, although Brown is coming to the end of his contract next June.

Would be good for all three to test themselves at a higher level. I think poor Zimba was caught in the headlights somewhat, with his 1st appearance being a starter, for me that was too much to take on for him, so he seemed to want to impress, but tried too hard. Just my opinion, he would have been better off coming on with say 20 mins left, but of course it's a big step up, some shine, some freeze! Loan them out, they will sink or swim, but hoping they swim.
bluesince62

Re: “ Four Cardiff players to go out this January? “

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:22 am

"Would be good for all three to test themselves at a higher level. I think poor Zimba was caught in the headlights somewhat, with his 1st appearance being a starter, for me that was too much to take on for him, so he seemed to want to impress, but tried too hard. Just my opinion, he would have been better off coming on with say 20 mins left, but of course it's a big step up, some shine, some freeze! Loan them out, they will sink or swim, but hoping they swim"

my thoughts entirely - bring them for the last 20 or so mins. Dont start them from scratch. They'll all come good - or so it seems - and success / confidence breeds confidence. They will all want to out do each other and support each other. Looking forward to seeing them develop together.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Return to General Chat