CHAMPIONSHIP: DERBY LOSE AGAIN

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:08 pm

In the Championship tonight, Derby County took on QPR but despite taking an early lead tgrough former Bluebird Tom Lawrence, QPR turned the game around to score two goals and win the game

This leaves Derby rooted to the Championshio table after 20 games and needing 7 unanswered wins just to catch up Reading, who occupy the first 'safe' position un the table with 18 games to go

So far, they have won only 4 from 20 regardless of their points reductions

Final score: Derby County 1 - 2 QPR
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP: DERBY LOSE AGAIN

Postby Barclay1 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:33 am

Sven wrote:In the Championship tonight, Derby County took on QPR but despite taking an early lead tgrough former Bluebird Tom Lawrence, QPR turned the game around to score two goals and win the game

This leaves Derby rooted to the Championshio table after 20 games and needing 7 unanswered wins just to catch up Reading, who occupy the first 'safe' position un the table with 18 games to go

Is there not 26 games to go? Don't get me wrong if it's 18 games to go I'd be even happier!
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:In the Championship tonight, Derby County took on QPR but despite taking an early lead tgrough former Bluebird Tom Lawrence, QPR turned the game around to score two goals and win the game

Is there not 26 games to go? Don't get me wrong if it's 18 games to go I'd be even happier!

You are right, more than 18 to go! But I get where sven is coming from though, derby would need reading to lose 7, whilst they win 7, a scenario very unlikely tbf, not impossible of course, but they need to have a very fortunate turn of results, not looking likely with their form thus far?
bluesince62

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:34 pm

QPR have got a habit of condemning Derby to playing lower league football. Did they not beat them in the final minute of the Play Off final a few seasons ago? Although there are plenty of games to go it did feel like Da Ja Vu the other night.
Bakedalasker

Postby M4 Exile » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:52 pm

To be fair without the points deduction they wouldn’t be in the bottom three yet, which with the state of their squad is an achievement in itself
M4 Exile

Return to General Chat