SALA INQUEST: AGENT McKAY DECLARED "INTERESTED PERSON"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:12 pm

A football agent is being considered as an "interested person" at the inquest into footballer Emiliano Sala's death.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226 :cry:

Willie McKay, who commissioned the flight which crashed in 2019 killing Sala and pilot David Ibbotson, could be included in the proceedings, according to senior coroner, Rachael Griffin.

She said she had written to Mr McKay about this in late 2020 but he had not replied.

The full jury inquest is to expected to take place in mid February.

Willie McKay, 62, is being considered an "interested person" by the coroner

"We will be writing to him again after today's hearing," she said.

An interested person is entitled to actively participate in an inquest, whether by virtue of their relationship to the deceased, their involvement in the circumstances of the death, or at the coroner's discretion.

Discussing the scope of the inquest, Ms Griffin said it would focus on "who, when, where and how," including the cause of Emiliano's death, the arrangements for the flight and its operation.

The inquest will also consider pilot David Ibbotson's qualifications, the flight itself, and the search and recovery of Mr Sala's body, as well as the condition and maintenance of the aircraft and the design of its exhaust system.

The pre-inquest hearing was also told David Henderson who arranged the flight had "no further evidence" to give to an inquest into his death.

At the hearing on Monday, the senior coroner for Dorset Rachael Griffin said solicitors for Mr Henderson had written to her stating that he had "no further evidence to give to the coroner beyond the evidence he gave in his criminal trial".

The letter also stated that during his trial Mr Henderson was in the witness box for a day and "sincerely believes there is nothing more he can add".

His solicitor's letter concluded "it was accepted that the way the flight was organised didn't cause the plane to crash".

Ms Griffin said: "In effect they say that the attendance of Mr Henderson is unnecessary at the inquest hearing."

Earlier this month Henderson was sentenced at Cardiff Crown Court after being convicted of recklessly endangering the safety of an aircraft.

He previously admitted a separate charge of arranging a commercial flight without permission or authorisation.

Henderson, 67, of Hotham, East Riding, Yorkshire, is appealing his sentence.

Ms Griffin said she was "hopeful" the full jury inquest could begin in mid-February 2022 as scheduled, but that a further pre-inquest review hearing would be held in January.
Attachments
_118939030_mckaypa976.jpg
_118939030_mckaypa976.jpg (62.42 KiB) Viewed 4009 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: SALA INQUEST: AGENT McKAY DECLARED "INTERESTED PERSON"

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:34 am

Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby JulesK » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:24 am

His solicitor's letter concluded "it was accepted that the way the flight was organised didn't cause the plane to crash".

I'm no solicitor but surely sticking someone in a pilots seat who is unauthorised to fly that plane does contribute to the plane crashing !!!!

Weasel words with no care for lost lives. :twisted:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby castleblue » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:44 am

JulesK wrote:His solicitor's letter concluded "it was accepted that the way the flight was organised didn't cause the plane to crash".

I'm no solicitor but surely sticking someone in a pilots seat who is unauthorised to fly that plane does contribute to the plane crashing !!!!

I agree and for me this shows Henderson and his legal team running scared from the findings of this inquest.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:46 am

keeping this totally legal :-

I think it shows to everyone what sort of a character we are dealing with here. Many had already concluded the individual involved is an utter low life. Who he wanted to try and raise the transfer fee to as high as possible ( Sala was rated at 1 mil a year previous) . get Sala transferred as quickly as possible and then get paid.

His whole setup stinks - based offshore, wont answer legal letters re the inquest, seemingly has little regard for health and safety an dthen when thing go wrong - blame someone else.

As someone here said - arranging a flight, using a non qualified pilot and putting Sala in the seat - to me - that sounds very much like being involved in the incident.

Should never be allowed to be involved in football again. This Govt have said they will intervene if required to appoint a regulatory body - that will put a stop once and for all to the many dodgy dealings that appear to go unchallenged. Hopefully that will all stop soon.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Sven » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:01 am

castleblue wrote:
JulesK wrote:His solicitor's letter concluded "it was accepted that the way the flight was organised didn't cause the plane to crash".

I agree and for me this shows Henderson and his legal team running scared from the findings of this inquest.

Certainly no contrition being shown by Henderson here; possibly out of fear it might affect his 'appeal'

McKay is seemingly burying his head; but must surely be cacking himself at what may be coming?

Both men (and potentially others) appear to have vicarious responsibility for their parts in the process that put Ibbotson in charge of an illegal flight that ended so tragically :cry:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:55 pm

Sven wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Certainly no contrition being shown by Henderson here; possibly out of fear it might affect his 'appeal'

McKay is seemingly burying his head; but must surely be cacking himself at what may be coming?

Both men (and potentially others) appear to have vicarious responsibility for their parts in the process that put Ibbotson in charge of an illegal flight that ended so tragically :cry:

Chris, his texts and messages to others when he realised the plane had crashed, showed how much of a complete c@@@ he is! Even having the balls to appeal his piss poor sentence?,the man is scum! Hope his just deserts catch up to him, and soon!
bluesince62

Return to General Chat