A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City players wage Bill in full and individuals

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:53 am

CARDIFF CITY FC:

The teams total wage bill is:
£12,176,840 per year
£234,170 per week

READ BELOW FOR ALL INDIVIDUAL WAGES :thumbright:

Unsung Cardiff City star shows just why his contract situation is now a matter of priority

If he does leave in the summer it would be a crying shame and there would be no shortage of clubs willing to take him on a free transfer.

The Bluebirds will have no money to replace him and that could weaken them even further.

The Bluebirds have a number of players out of contract next summer and and many will be wondering where their future lyes?

By Glen Williams

Monday 29th November 2021

Joe Ralls sees his Cardiff City contract expire next year but he is proving his worth.

Joe Ralls is one of those Cardiff City players who could easily be taken for granted.

He has been at the club for a very long time now, more than a decade, in fact, and has served the club tremendously during that time.

To think he is still only 28 is exciting from a Cardiff standpoint. In theory, he should be entering the prime years of his career.

One thing which just plants a seed of uncertainty, though, is that his contract at the club runs out next summer.

He is not the only one, either. There are huge decisions to be made in the coming months, with Josh Murphy, Ciaron Brown, Alex Smithies, Sean Morrison, Aden Flint, Marlon Pack, Isaac Vassell and Will Vaulks all seeing their current deals expire next year.

It is likely we could see a situation in which just a couple of those mentioned above are at the club next season as Cardiff look to trim the wage bill and build a more youthful squad.

In fact, decisions over who should be kept on next year, or, more pertinently, who WON'T be at the club, will likely be made in the coming weeks. It would be smart for the club to ship out one or two early, if possible, in January, if they know they won't be here from next season, if only to recoup some money on wages and nominal transfer fees.

Supporters will have their views over which players should be offered new deals and who should be cut free, but there will be few who would argue against Ralls' case for a new contract.

He has been a big loss this season. He has missed eight games through illness or injury, with Cardiff having won only two of them.

He has had his critics along the way, too, but like any player, he has dipped in and out of form. He is more consistent than most, that's for sure.

But, importantly, the shift to Cardiff's style of play suits Ralls down to the ground. He has been head and shoulders above the other midfielders during his last three outings.

His forward-passing mindset has closed the gap between the midfield and attack in recent matches and his boldness with the ball at his feet has lifted the rest of the side.

Cardiff have been crying out for a bit of dynamism and go-forward in the middle of the park and Ralls is carrying that out for Steve Morison at the minute.

His pass to James Collins against Luton Town on Saturday was sublime, a diagonal, behind-the-centre-backs type of ball which gave Cardiff impetus and field position. Perry Ng's subsequent cross landed on Rubin Colwill's head and, well, we all know the rest.

Cardiff's midfield has been typecast as one-dimensional or one-paced for some time now, but with Ralls in there, Marlon Pack, Will Vaulks and Leandro Bacuna all look better players for it. It allows the others to focus on the more defensive side of things while Ralls acts as the perfect foil to carry the team forward.

If he does leave in the summer it would be a crying shame and there would be no shortage of clubs willing to take him on a free transfer.

It is unlikely the club will let it get to that situation, or at least that's what Cardiff fans hope. Any vision the club have moving forward surely incorporates Ralls in some shape or form.

But at the minute, he is flourishing in this new-look Cardiff team. He is enjoying the freedom he is being afforded in midfield and is visibly growing as a leader - the captain's armband certainly suits him.

There are other decisions to be made which will have knock-on effects. For example, will all of Ralls, Pack and Vaulks be offered new deals ahead of next summer? It looks unlikely at this stage.

While the lion's share of Cardiff's players have looked much-improved since the change of management, Ralls looks like the midfielder to have benefited most. He has more influence now and is taking that responsibility seriously.

Cardiff will hope he can stave off any more injuries - it is crucial he plays the vast majority of games if the Bluebirds are to be successful in getting out of the mire in the coming months - and continues to perform as he has done in recent weeks.

Steve Morison himself admitted that he might have little say in contract negotiations, because his own contract is currently up next summer, too. But, surely, Ralls has let the powers-that-be know in his last few outings that he is worthy of a new deal.
Attachments
24EDF3E5-4137-4F47-A39A-09B8E9F93DBA.jpeg
24EDF3E5-4137-4F47-A39A-09B8E9F93DBA.jpeg (517.59 KiB) Viewed 9780 times
90D0E09B-E65B-41EC-97F7-02C7D2CFD84C.jpeg
90D0E09B-E65B-41EC-97F7-02C7D2CFD84C.jpeg (396.29 KiB) Viewed 9814 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Cardiff City players wage Bill in full and individuals

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff shows just why his contract situation

Postby castleblue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:34 pm

I would like to see Joe Ralls at least offered a new contract but the reality is whatever he is offered will be a lot less than he is getting at the moment. I found this website which gives an indication of the size of the problem the club faces at the end of the season.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-be ... diff-city/

Some very big numbers in there for the players out of contract next summer and with Joe Ralls currently earning £25k a week and with any new offer, in my opinion, being less than half of that I expect him to look elsewhere. The same goes with Smithies now Tomlin has gone our highest paid player at £33k a week :shock: Next highest is Bacuna :o :o :o . I can see some of the players being offered new contracts but any that are will be looking at getting less than 50% of what they currently earn.

Players like Isaac Davies and Sam Bowen who lock decent prospects need to be tied down to better than they are currently getting.

Some very big decisions coming up for both club and players.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Attachments
8BD94379-D2AA-40C7-8A6C-6133D021DFBC.jpeg
8BD94379-D2AA-40C7-8A6C-6133D021DFBC.jpeg (517.59 KiB) Viewed 9810 times
BE497EA4-0983-4B72-AFEB-04EEF3EB0EEC.jpeg
BE497EA4-0983-4B72-AFEB-04EEF3EB0EEC.jpeg (396.29 KiB) Viewed 9820 times
23A530C8-0446-4BB9-A5E9-EDE9FB410227.png
23A530C8-0446-4BB9-A5E9-EDE9FB410227.png (2.35 MiB) Viewed 9830 times
castleblue

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:41 pm

Gary,

Yes it’s very close to the mark.

Smitties is def not as high. But not far off.

The younger players is actually less Tom Sang and Cioran Brown.

Over all near the mark.

Cardiff City 2021 - Player Wages

Cardiff City have a total of 59 players in their home squad. The highest earning player in the squad is Alex Smithies earning £33,000 per week.

Cardiff City play in the Sky Bet Championship, the second division of mens professional football in England.

£12,176,840 per year
£234,170 per week

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: Cardiff City players wage Bill in full and individuals

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:56 pm

Bacuna :shock: , the man is robbing us blind :banghead:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:56 pm

The Committee want to run the team with these wages and even lower and if you want to stay in the Championship you won’t survive or even League 1.

These are League 2 and even Non League Wages
Attachments
FAEF52AB-32B5-441C-9D7D-19C66C31F315.jpeg
FAEF52AB-32B5-441C-9D7D-19C66C31F315.jpeg (396.29 KiB) Viewed 9733 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby castleblue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:37 pm

Just checking a few of our players out on loan:

Josh Murphy £25k Highest paid player at Preston.
Gavin Whyte £8.2k Highest paid player at Oxford.
Max Watters £3.9k 3rd highest paid player at MK Dons
Ryan Wintle £6.7k 2nd highest paid player at Blackpool.

You look at that and I think our future is going to look like players and wages similar to Watters & Wintle and that will place the club around the middle of League 1. :shock:

One thing that stands out is that the wage bill at the club currently is less than £1m per month but no doubt Dalman will be saying VT is still putting £2m per month into the club. :roll: :roll:
castleblue

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:25 pm

Reply Twitter:
Attachments
B81AD443-C619-46DC-9812-0E33F21A73C5.jpeg
B81AD443-C619-46DC-9812-0E33F21A73C5.jpeg (236.35 KiB) Viewed 8897 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:36 pm

castleblue wrote:Just checking a few of our players out on loan:

You look at that and I think our future is going to look like players and wages similar to Watters & Wintle and that will place the club around the middle of League 1. :shock:

One thing that stands out is that the wage bill at the club currently is less than £1m per month but no doubt Dalman will be saying VT is still putting £2m per month into the club. :roll: :roll:

Cheers Gary :thumbright:

City are paying towards all these players wages, some as much as 50%.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Gary,

Over all near the mark.

Cardiff City have a total of 59 players in their home squad. The highest earning player in the squad is Alex Smithies earning £33,000 per week.

Cardiff City play in the Sky Bet Championship, the second division of mens professional football in England.

£12,176,840 per year
£234,170 per week

Smithies was getting that in the Premier ship but all would of had relegation clauses in there contract so not sure how accurate some of these amounts are on the players that were in the Premier league with us
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sven » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:11 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Bacuna :shock: , the man is robbing us blind :banghead:

Same (Warnock-linked) agent as Tomlin... ;)

Then again, so are several high earners on that list :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebird1977 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:16 pm

33k a week for smithies who was smoking a hard crack pipe for that wage :lol: I wouldn't pay Bacuna £500 a week let alone that wage or even half of them half of what there supposedly earning there but I'm not a millionaire :roll: I don't believe sites online with figures but some of them are mad.
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:27 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Gary,

Over all near the mark.

£12,176,840 per year
£234,170 per week

Smithies was getting that in the Premier ship but all would of had relegation clauses in there contract so not sure how accurate some of these amounts are on the players that were in the Premier league with us

They were Wez, many are during the Premier League days wages and are still close on them.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebird1977 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:30 pm

So if we are paying nearly 1milliom odd a month in wages how comes according to dalman not so long back we was being propped up with 3 million a month off tan :?
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:30 pm

A long contract with NO relegation clause!! Nice on Mr warnock, and the disparity in the keepers wages is phenomenal, considering talent wise, there doesn't appear to be that much difference?
bluesince62

Postby maccydee » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:49 pm

A lot of big wages have gone off the wage bill.

Wages aren’t the only outgoings.
maccydee

Postby Abergavenny » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:52 pm

maccydee wrote:

A lot of big wages have gone off the wage bill.
You can put £1.5 m on that in NI contributions buy the employer as well

Wages aren’t the only outgoings.
Abergavenny

Postby Wayne S » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Committee want to run the team with these wages and even lower and if you want to stay in the Championship you won’t survive or even League 1.

Well that is just a tad disingenuous.

In league One I would assume Sunderland are one of the better budgeted teams and their yearly wage bill from the same source is about £6 million, with just over £100k weekly budget.

Portsmouth is just over £4 million and £82k.

That site still has Fulham in the Prem.
Wayne S

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:23 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The Committee want to run the team with these wages and even lower and if you want to stay in the Championship you won’t survive or even League 1.

In league One I would assume Sunderland are one of the better budgeted teams and their yearly wage bill from the same source is about £6 million, with just over £100k weekly budget.

I agree 50k+ a yr as a kid? Wow imagine what youngsters would give to be earning that at 18!
bluesince62

Postby castleblue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:00 pm

Wayne S wrote:

League 1 & 2 operate a salary cap which I believe was updated last year with the agreement of the club. This year League 1 clubs I believe have a cap of £1,700 per player, however if a player has a contract agreed before the new cap was put in place which pays him say £5K per week only £1,700 will be used in respect of the cap, however any NEW contract will be on a maximum of £1,700. Callum Patterson at Sheffield Wednesday is on £12k a week and if SW are still in League 1 when it runs out any new contract will be for a max of £1,700 per week. BIG BIG changes ahead.

Annis has a point as it appears our club is placing itself in a position for life in League 1 with the contracts it's offering and if we end up there any NEW contracts will be capped at £1,700 per week.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:11 pm

castleblue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

League 1 & 2 operate a salary cap which I believe was updated last year with the agreement of the club. This year League 1 clubs I believe have a cap of £1,700 per player, however if a player has a contract agreed before the new cap was put in place which pays him say £5K per week only £1,700 will be used in respect of the cap, however any NEW contract will be on a maximum of £1,700. Callum Patterson at Sheffield Wednesday is on £12k a week and if SW are still in League 1 when it runs out any new contract will be for a max of £1,700 per week. BIG BIG changes ahead.

Annis has a point as it appears our club is placing itself in a position for life in League 1 with the contracts it's offering and if we end up there any NEW contracts will be capped at £1,700 per week.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thanks Gary for all your info and as usual I respect your views :thumbright: :bluebird:

I fear that we are going to league 1 life and we won’t get Championship players on what we now what to pay.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:42 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I agree 50k+ a yr as a kid? Wow imagine what youngsters would give to be earning that at 18!

I'm not sure its that brilliant for an 18 year old. Its a dangerous game they play and one bad tackle could result in a young lads playing career over before it started. Adding to that how many kids make it out of say 100 hopefuls? One possible two. For that type of competition i would expect to earn a bit more than this.
Bakedalasker

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:21 pm

If, we are like the pointless whatever Dalman is claimed, then we will be offloading the elder high earners and aiming for a younger squad... or has that now ended?
Big Hill Blue

Postby BaltimoreBlues » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:25 pm

Totally agree. How they hell they decided to pay him that much is a joke.
BaltimoreBlues

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:40 pm

Looking at those wages I’d say there’s zero chance of any of those being offered new contracts that are anything like they are in at the moment.
I suppose we could offer less but imho it would have to be considerably less in all cases (less than half their current wage).
bluebirdoct1962

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:52 pm

All that means is that if Morison does well, he’ll not be here long.
rumpo kid

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:49 pm

What on earth must his team mates think of Bacuna?
Harris £6k a week?
Tan putting £3,000,000 a month in?
Goalkeepers?
Why was our Transfer Committee formed again?
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby nubbsy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 am

Wages aren't the only outgoings to running a club. Don't we have tens of millions in debt? Staff and a giant 34,000 seater stadium to run/maintain. It's easily believable that we're spending 1m per month ontop of wages.
nubbsy

Postby castleblue » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:01 am

nubbsy wrote:

Wages aren't the only outgoings to running a club. Don't we have tens of millions in debt? Staff and a giant 34,000 seater stadium to run/maintain. It's easily believable that we're spending 1m per month ontop of wages.

I agree but when you consider the last time we were a Championship club with no parachute payments the accounts show £34m in revenue. Another outgoing could be instalment payments on players we have signed but that would likely be partially offset against players we have sold. With a wage bill of £12m per year and say the same in running costs and past revenues around £30m I just cannot see why the club needs a further £12m from the owner.

castleblue

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:21 am

castleblue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I agree but when you consider the last time we were a Championship club with no parachute payments the accounts show £34m in revenue. Another outgoing could be instalment payments on players we have signed but that would likely be partially offset against players we have sold. With a wage bill of £12m per year and say the same in running costs and past revenues around £30m I just cannot see why the club needs a further £12m from the owner.

Gary,

The Accademy kids are not given signing on fees, just happy to get professional contracts at low wages.

Tan has not been putting money in, it’s been the parachute payments going back in the last few years.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Abergavenny » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:07 am

In the past I used to do the insurances for Fulham , Chelsea and Villa I was amazed at how many staff these clubs employed ( including zero hours contract ) For instance when in the premier league Fulham employed just over 800 staff when you took into account match day staff Each club operates differently Eg Catering out sourced ,ticketing but some have all aspects in house
The eye catching cost of course are the players salaries At the time i did the insurances Fulham’s goalkeeping coach was on 800k a year
But put on top of the salaries
- NI cost
- insurance cost and these run into many millions
- Policing
- Maintenance cost
The costs are just crazy and the old saying of how do you make a small fortune Invest a large fortune into a football club is generally correct
Maybe in UK we have no more than 12 clubs making a profit over a rolling 5 year period
Abergavenny

Next

Return to General Chat