Cardiff City players wage Bill in full and individuals

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City players wage Bill in full and individuals

Postby wez1927 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
castleblue wrote:Just checking a few of our players out on loan:

Josh Murphy £25k Highest paid player at Preston.
Gavin Whyte £8.2k Highest paid player at Oxford.
Max Watters £3.9k 3rd highest paid player at MK Dons
Ryan Wintle £6.7k 2nd highest paid player at Blackpool.

You look at that and I think our future is going to look like players and wages similar to Watters & Wintle and that will place the club around the middle of League 1. :shock:

One thing that stands out is that the wage bill at the club currently is less than £1m per month but no doubt Dalman will be saying VT is still putting £2m per month into the club. :roll: :roll:

Wages aren't the only outgoings to running a club. Don't we have tens of millions in debt? Staff and a giant 34,000 seater stadium to run/maintain. It's easily believable that we're spending 1m per month ontop of wages.

I agree but when you consider the last time we were a Championship club with no parachute payments the accounts show £34m in revenue. Another outgoing could be instalment payments on players we have signed but that would likely be partially offset against players we have sold. With a wage bill of £12m per year and say the same in running costs and past revenues around £30m I just cannot see why the club needs a further £12m from the owner.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Gary,

The Accademy kids are not given signing on fees, just happy to get professional contracts at low wages.

Tan has not been putting money in, it’s been the parachute payments going back in the last few years.

How can you say tan isn't putting money in, read the accounts .with no parachute payments our outgoings are much more than our income its not rocket science, our income probably wont even cover the wage bill of the 1st team , the wage bill will be a lot higher than 12 million that's just the ones on the list I know our 3rd choice keeper takes home 1k a week ,1st years players get 800 a week ,the whole club wage bill will be over well over 12 million ,people are forgetting that this years season tickets sales are in last years accounts due to covid most are freebies this year so no income from that too ,without tans loans we would be in Derbys position.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:24 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

You look at that and I think our future is going to look like players and wages similar to Watters & Wintle and that will place the club around the middle of League 1. :shock:

One thing that stands out is that the wage bill at the club currently is less than £1m per month but no doubt Dalman will be saying VT is still putting £2m per month into the club. :roll: :roll:

Wages aren't the only outgoings to running a club. Don't we have tens of millions in debt? Staff and a giant 34,000 seater stadium to run/maintain. It's easily believable that we're spending 1m per month ontop of wages.

I agree but when you consider the last time we were a Championship club with no parachute payments the accounts show £34m in revenue. Another outgoing could be instalment payments on players we have signed but that would likely be partially offset against players we have sold. With a wage bill of £12m per year and say the same in running costs and past revenues around £30m I just cannot see why the club needs a further £12m from the owner.

Gary,

The Accademy kids are not given signing on fees, just happy to get professional contracts at low wages.

Tan has not been putting money in, it’s been the parachute payments going back in the last few years.

How can you say tan isn't putting money in, read the accounts .with no parachute payments our outgoings are much more than our income its not rocket science, our income probably wont even cover the wage bill of the 1st team , the wage bill will be a lot higher than 12 million that's just the ones on the list I know our 3rd choice keeper takes home 1k a week ,1st years players get 800 a week ,the whole club wage bill will be over well over 12 million ,people are forgetting that this years season tickets sales are in last years accounts due to covid most are freebies this year so no income from that too ,without tans loans we would be in Derbys position.

Tan took. Bout £56mill, parachute payments in last 18mths and then drip feeding it back in after 12 years of a club behind the scenes badly run and that’s why our debt rose to a beyond level all done through bad management.

Our current debt is higher than when he arrived and a squad worth hardly anything.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:25 am

If Kieffer does well in December it will be hard to keep hold of him on those kind of wages.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ninian27 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:30 am

castleblue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The Committee want to run the team with these wages and even lower and if you want to stay in the Championship you won’t survive or even League 1.

These are League 2 and even Non League Wages

Well that is just a tad disingenuous.

In league One I would assume Sunderland are one of the better budgeted teams and their yearly wage bill from the same source is about £6 million, with just over £100k weekly budget.

Portsmouth is just over £4 million and £82k.

That site still has Fulham in the Prem.

League 1 & 2 operate a salary cap which I believe was updated last year with the agreement of the club. This year League 1 clubs I believe have a cap of £1,700 per player, however if a player has a contract agreed before the new cap was put in place which pays him say £5K per week only £1,700 will be used in respect of the cap, however any NEW contract will be on a maximum of £1,700. Callum Patterson at Sheffield Wednesday is on £12k a week and if SW are still in League 1 when it runs out any new contract will be for a max of £1,700 per week. BIG BIG changes ahead.

Annis has a point as it appears our club is placing itself in a position for life in League 1 with the contracts it's offering and if we end up there any NEW contracts will be capped at £1,700 per week.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Castleblue, I was also studying that’s how we look to be eventually running on league one and two wages and for that you get league one football :cry:
Ninian27

Postby stickywicket » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:33 am

There are other expenses other than player wages.When I was down for the disabled supporters meeting I noticed the arc lights were on to make the grass grow that must cost a few bob.
Fuel bills.Business tax.Promotion bonus's.Sacked managers pay offs.match day costs.Loss of income through covid.
stickywicket

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:If Kieffer does well in December it will be hard to keep hold of him on those kind of wages.

I agree, and it will all depend on Moore himself. If he wants to go he will go, and I would understand that, as a 29 year old, if he gets a chance to play in the Prem.

The other point is that, notoriously, the January window tends to generate higher transfer fees and that could work in our favour. If we could get a good Premier loan replacement then I think it might work out well for both sides.

However, if it's just the wages I would want the club to make him close on the highest earner and have a transfer fee trigger clause if he still wants to consider future Prem offers (£8-£10m).

Whatever way I can't wait for January to be over because I'd much rather us have Keiffer until the end of the season at least.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:40 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If Kieffer does well in December it will be hard to keep hold of him on those kind of wages.

I agree, and it will all depend on Moore himself. If he wants to go he will go, and I would understand that, as a 29 year old, if he gets a chance to play in the Prem.

The other point is that, notoriously, the January window tends to generate higher transfer fees and that could work in our favour. If we could get a good Premier loan replacement then I think it might work out well for both sides.

However, if it's just the wages I would want the club to make him close on the highest earner and have a transfer fee trigger clause if he still wants to consider future Prem offers (£8-£10m).

Whatever way I can't wait for January to be over because I'd much rather us have Keiffer until the end of the season at least.

I heard this from one of the coaches , Moore thought he was def off to Wolves , so set his mind on it.

I agree with you :thumbright:
If he does well now, catch 22, Clubs will come after him.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Jock » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:53 pm

Abergavenny wrote:In the past I used to do the insurances for Fulham , Chelsea and Villa I was amazed at how many staff these clubs employed ( including zero hours contract ) For instance when in the premier league Fulham employed just over 800 staff when you took into account match day staff Each club operates differently Eg Catering out sourced ,ticketing but some have all aspects in house
The eye catching cost of course are the players salaries At the time i did the insurances Fulham’s goalkeeping coach was on 800k a year
But put on top of the salaries
- NI cost
- insurance cost and these run into many millions
- Policing
- Maintenance cost
The costs are just crazy and the old saying of how do you make a small fortune Invest a large fortune into a football club is generally correct
Maybe in UK we have no more than 12 clubs making a profit over a rolling 5 year period

For years the only clubs in the Premiership in the black were Villa and Man U. It’s mental the wages turnover ratio in football.
Jock

Postby wez1927 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Gary,

Tan took. Bout £56mill, parachute payments in last 18mths and then drip feeding it back in after 12 years of a club behind the scenes badly run and that’s why our debt rose to a beyond level all done through bad management.

Our current debt is higher than when he arrived and a squad worth hardly anything.

Read the accounts the club had the parachute payments but tan took nothing, its all there in the accounts either you don't understand the accounts or your ignoring them ,the only money tan took out was a 32 million odd cash flow loan payment he gave to the club when the club Went up to the Premiership, he secured that back in the December with the 1st payment of tv money in our season in the premiership ,the money helped us with Neil warnocks spending on the transfers of Bobby Reid, Murphy and others in that summer ,the rest of the parachute money was eaten up mostly in wages since our 1 season in the premiership .its all in black and white in the accounts .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Previous

Return to General Chat