“If I’m honest with you, this is as embarrassed as I’ve bee

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:39 am

“If I’m honest with you, this is as embarrassed as I’ve been as a Luton manager.”

'Embarrassed' Hatters boss regrets his decision to make five changes declaring he picked the 'wrong team' against Cardiff

Town chief on disappointing 1-0 defeat to Bluebirds this afternoon

By Mike Simmonds

An ‘embarrassed’ Luton Nathan Jones accepted full responsibility for picking what he felt was the ‘wrong team' against Cardiff City this afternoon, the Hatters making it four games without a win when going down to a 1-0 defeat.

The Luton chief made five changes from the goalless draw with Nottingham Forest on Tuesday night, restoring Simon Sluga, Amari’i Bell, Glen Rea, Jordan Clark and Harry Cornick to the team, James Shea, Fred Onyedinma, Henry Lansbury, Allan Campbell and Admiral Muskwe making way.

Although Clark drew Luton level midway through the second half, as he along with Kal Naismith, Elijah Adebayo and Sluga were the only four to avoid criticism from the manager, Town were nowhere near their best during the 90 minutes at Kenilworth Road, losing for a third game in a row against their Welsh opponents.

Speaking afterwards, Jones said: “We didn’t do what we do best, we weren’t aggressive enough, we ducked headers, we weren’t dominant, we let them dominate us, let them be more aggressive than us, fifty-fifty’s in the middle of the park, we lost, we pulled out of it, we didn’t do it.
Attachments
6176F64D-22D6-46BC-991D-93F87750C2A7.jpeg
6176F64D-22D6-46BC-991D-93F87750C2A7.jpeg (87.59 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “If I’m honest with you, this is as embarrassed as I’ve

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:29 am

I like Luton, Preston and teams that make you earn the right to play, the men's game still need to be physically competitive rather than just technical and lets face facts we have been too reliant on physicality over the past few seasons.

As we are now a "footballing" team can we impose our philosophy on the game against a physical team ? Well yes, because we fielded a team that wouldn't be out of place at the arms park, that was a heavy unit yesterday.

What Nathan means is he couldn't bully a physically bigger team and now we are allowed to play a bit, we were too good for them. 41% possession again goes to prove what a worthless stat that is. 4 shots on target against 1 is a better stat.
llan bluebird

Postby Danny Says » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:54 am

Journo doesn’t even know the score :roll:
Danny Says

Postby BLUE54 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:07 pm

Must have written his report during half time, :laughing5: and spent the second half in the bar. :occasion5: :lol:
BLUE54

Return to General Chat