Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea are opening a development centre in cardiff in the

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:10 pm

Swansea are opening a development centre in cardiff in the new school in ely its a disgrace and shouldnt happen u6s to u10s

Re: Swansea are opening a development centre in cardiff in t

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:12 pm

How/why/what?

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:18 pm

This has to be a wind up :happy1:

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:20 pm

Here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:23 pm

Nothing to stop Cardiff doing the same in Swansea,why didn’t Cardiff get involved at Merthyr?,swansea set a academy there

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:42 pm

Cardiff did have a development centre in Swansea and Neath in years past Not sure if they still do thou

Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:45 pm

Abergavenny wrote:Cardiff did have a development centre in Swansea and Neath in years past Not sure if they still do thou

They still have one in Swansea

Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:50 pm

Is it just a trial day or a permanent school?

Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:44 am

They will only be there until the council gets a court order to move their caravans on

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:05 am

My old school! Disgusting.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:28 am

Think about they got no talent in Swansea so they have got to come to Cardiff to get our talent recent games against the to clubs as resulted in a lot of wins for our youngsters :bluescarf:

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:33 am

cardiff 74 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:Cardiff did have a development centre in Swansea and Neath in years past Not sure if they still do thou

We must have Colwill, Harris and Matthews from the Swansea area? Also many clubs have scouts and trials in South Wales, Bale went to Southampton, Bellamy to Norwich, how did we miss out of these two?

Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:41 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

We must have Colwill, Harris and Matthews from the Swansea area? Also many clubs have scouts and trials in South Wales, Bale went to Southampton, Bellamy to Norwich, how did we miss out of these two?

Would think with Bale more likely with Southampton having a centre in Bath and then being in premier league and full academy status at the time he would have chosen them Cardiff at the time only had a centre of excellence status There were many players from South Wales at the Bath centre at the same time as Bale

Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:36 pm

What status is their academy ? and what status is ours ?

In some ways - I think it's healthy competition - it gives kids who are over looked by us a chance with them. Not sure we have any facility like that in Jackland though.

I have mate whose son is in the Jacks academy - a lot of travelling involved. But he's following his dream at the moment - which is any route into professional football.

If they are doing it at Cardiff West High School aka Ely - then it'll probably have a make over within a week

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:12 pm

Looking at the poster
It says i d
Looks more like open day trails ?????

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:56 pm

My grandson was in the one in Swansea but he has stopped going he was going over there on a Friday night played quiet a few games against other sides as well cost quiet a bit of money as well

Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:24 am

It's a talent ID day and they do them regularly all over South Wales, its a one off at each venue not a development centre.

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:32 am

This type of "trial" is nothing new.

In the 70s and 80s the big recruiters in Cardiff were Bristol Rovers and Southampton. I also know of a Tottenham scout who was based in Cardiff and used to scout at kids/school games and also hold trial games.

Nothing new although the fact that our Academy is at the higher level does mean we have some additional powers over those with a lower classification nowadays.

Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:06 am

We should be ensuring children's tickets are as cheap as possible to ensure as many as possible grow up with a loyalty to Cardiff.

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:42 pm

piledriver64 wrote:This type of "trial" is nothing new.

In the 70s and 80s the big recruiters in Cardiff were Bristol Rovers and Southampton. I also know of a Tottenham scout who was based in Cardiff and used to scout at kids/school games and also hold trial games.

Nothing new although the fact that our Academy is at the higher level does mean we have some additional powers over those with a lower classification nowadays.

True.. I remember Stan Montgomery on the prowl when I played for Cardiff Corinthians at under 12s.. he was responsible for a lot of the Welsh lads at the gas..

Corries I believe played Barcelona in friendlies in the 20s..

Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:22 pm

They can pick up a couple of cast offs not good enough for our elite Academies :thumbup: :ayatollah: :wave: