MY VIEW: BLUEBIRDS SHOW RESILIENCE, AS TWO SPOTS REMAIN

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:18 pm

Final Score: Luton Town 1 - 2 Cardiff City

Today's was a huge result in the Bluebirds season; anything other than a win would have plunged us to the brink of the relegation zone and allowed the usual suspects their negative 'fix'

Given Luton's polar opposite form (they are either very good or very bad) it was a game that could have gone either way and in truth both sides had opportunities. Thankfully, it was the Bluebirds who prevailed and came away with all 3 points

How did we play? After a decent start and Rubin Colwill scoring the Bluebirds first first-half goal of the season (just as we cross the half-way point :shock: ) we deserved the lead and owe gratitude to Mr Hawkeye for his timely intervention to show the ball did indeed 'cross the goal line'

For a while we had the upper hand and kept Luton well at bay, but that seemed to change as the half wore on and only some inept finishing and a back in form Alex Smithies kept us from conceding a goal before half-time

Half-time score: Luton Town 0 - 1 Cardiff City

After half-time, it appeared Luton were allowed to 'boss' the game as they came more and more emboldened, as the Bluebirds seeming inability to get back to their early game form.

Having said that, the Bluebirds weren't without their own chances before Luton got their smart equaliser. At that point, Luton looked to be on the rise and the more likely to go on and win

Thankfully, Steve Morison's players are better than that and a mix of some good play and a sterling return display from skipper Sean Morrison, who 'took one for the team' when booked and scored a lovely winningvheaded goal, saw the Bluebirds battle to the end and take all 3 points

Final score: Luton Town 1 - 2 Cardiff City

Where does this leave us?

Had we lost (or even drawn) it wouod have let negatives in and both the mood and Championship table would not have been good

This win was a massive point in our season and that's now 3 wins in 4 games; promotion form! :D

Personally, I don't believe we will be dragged into the real relegation battle, as two of those three places are pretty much taken

Barnsley are showing no sign of a recovery

Derby County need to win 7 games more than their nearest 'safe' rival (the other naughty boys of Reading) just to catch them up and so far they have only won 4 in 19

Good win today, a better shape to the team and a return to form for Sean Morrison :clap:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: BLUEBIRDS SHOW RESILIENCE, AS TWO SPOTS REMAIN

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:07 pm

Great write up Chris, thanks for that. Despite the Hull result in the week, I think that under SMs very short tenure that we are now on the up. Today's squad selection I think will now be his regular starting 11 and it worked well.
:ayatollah:
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby pick and shovel » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:22 pm

I wish a shared your optimism
pick and shovel

Postby Welsh Exile » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:31 pm

pick and shovel wrote:I wish a shared your optimism

Who’s a :lol:
Welsh Exile

Postby pick and shovel » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:01 pm

Work it out
pick and shovel

Postby Sven » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:12 pm

pick and shovel wrote:I wish a shared your optimism

PMA, fella; PMA... ;) :D :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pick and shovel » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:18 pm

I assume that PMA is not complimentary but nevertheless would be glad to know what it means
pick and shovel

Postby Sven » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:02 am

pick and shovel wrote:I assume that PMA is not complimentary but nevertheless would be glad to know what it means

No, fella; it just means Positive Mental Attitude (PMA), which is what our support should have now the team appear to have refound it :thumbright:
Sven

Return to General Chat