All four Cardiff players

A forum for all things Cardiff City

All four Cardiff players

Postby Always City » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:18 am

All four Cardiff players are on season long loans.

Watters, Wintle & Whyte all playing regularly and doing very well from reports.

Murphy has been virtually unused.

I think Watters & Wintle should return in January to give Morison more options as he himself says the squad needs experience and to be bigger.
Always City

All four Cardiff players

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: All four Cardiff players

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:22 am

Always City wrote:All four Cardiff players are on season long loans.

Watters, Wintle & Whyte all playing regularly and doing very well from reports.

Murphy has been virtually unused.

I think Watters & Wintle should return in January to give Morison more options as he himself says the squad needs experience and to be bigger.

Murphy is injured.

I'd bring Whyte and Wintle back.
jimmy_rat

Postby Sven » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:55 pm

All four are on 'season long' deals but the Bluebirds have 'recall' clauses in place for January

Murphy is the anomoly, as he is out injured and not playing regularly, so they (Preston) may want to get him off the books

As for the others, I feel Whyte could do a job, Wintle good cover (and maybe more) and a 'confident' Watters (although I'm not too sure where he can be classed as 'Championship experienced'?) might put pressure on the other forward players

Wouldn't be unhappy to see all four come back under current circumstances
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:12 pm

Sven wrote:All four are on 'season long' deals but the Bluebirds have 'recall' clauses in place for January

Murphy is the anomoly, as he is out injured and not playing regularly, so they (Preston) may want to get him off the books

As for the others, I feel Whyte could do a job, Wintle good cover (and maybe more) and a 'confident' Watters (although I'm not too sure where he can be classed as 'Championship experienced'?) might put pressure on the other forward players

I'd bring three back, but looks as if Murphy will be back, and not fit to play! Taking up his full wages again!! May be February before he will be up to speed again? Wintle I think can offer a different option in midfield, watters I guess may be better of staying out on loan, gaining more time on the pitch, rather than kicking his heels on the bench or worse?.
bluesince62

Postby Danny Says » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:45 pm

Morison has said he won’t bring anyone back if they’re not guaranteed a start.
He said he’d prefer Wintle to have a full season at Blackpool and if he comes back it’ll be like a new signing with Championship experience.
On Watters he states the gap between the 2 leagues is big so inferring he’s not coming back in Jan.
He didn’t mention as far as I recall Whyte or Murphy.
Danny Says

Postby cs_original » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:36 pm

Let the lads finish their loans I’d say. Keeps them playing regularly and frees up more room for the likes of evans, collwill, Harris, Davies, king etc to get game time in Morisons side. If we were pushing promotion or in a serious relegation fight which I personally don’t think we are with only 2 places left, then I’d say get them back. But as it is let’s just keep everyone playing
cs_original

Postby troobloo3339 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:41 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:All four are on 'season long' deals but the Bluebirds have 'recall' clauses in place for January

I'd bring three back, but looks as if Murphy will be back, and not fit to play! Taking up his full wages again!! May be February before he will be up to speed again? Wintle I think can offer a different option in midfield, watters I guess may be better of staying out on loan, gaining more time on the pitch, rather than kicking his heels on the bench or worse?.

If hes on a season long loan with a recall option we dont have to recall him surely ????
troobloo3339

Postby troobloo3339 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:43 pm

Unless they are going to play with us no point bringing them back ?
troobloo3339

Return to General Chat