Can the formation change or will you stick to a back 5

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:47 am

Can the formation change or will you stick to a back five?

It’s interesting you see it as five at the back, we see it as three at the back. I see it as a left winger one side and a right back/winger on the right.

When we had the three centre mids in there, Marlon Pack at the bottom of it, Will and Leo pushing on as 8s with two strikers.

The other formation is 4-3-3, you might see it is a 5-2-3, we see it as three centre halves with two wide players offering width.

When the centre halves have the ball the wing backs are nowhere near them.

The team we played on Wednesday was exactly the same, except it was Harris instead of Isaak, against Huddersfield. We won that game and it was fine.

We started the game against Preston with a 3-4-3, moving Rubin into a No.10 position then it changed to a 3-5-2.

It’s been the same formation and shape, we just look at it in a different way.

I definitely don’t see it as a five at the back!

Morison
Attachments
0_301021-Stoke-City-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship- (1).jpg
0_301021-Stoke-City-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship- (1).jpg (25.12 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Can the formation change or will you stick to a back 5

Postby theDelaney88 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:01 pm

Nelson was playing on their byline for portions of the first half. Wouldn't see that with a back 5.
theDelaney88

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:12 pm

Whether it's 5 at the back or 3. The fact is there is 3 central defenders!! Doing the same job.

With 4 at the back the left and right side would still push forwards.

If he insists on this 3. And Pack continues to play so deep. Can't he be one of them? A ball playing sweeper type player?
jimmy_rat

Postby llan bluebird » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:13 pm

Why has Marlon Pack got to be at the bottom of it though ? For me this has always been the issue. Its because he can not play at 8 as he is too slow !!! But he is not good enough to be the heartbeat of the team. Ralls came on demanded the ball and got us diagonal and vertical rather than horizontal.

Ralls is following Gunnars path for me. He is all action but all those miles and injuries start to mount so you naturally drop out of the "8" type player into the "6". We always seem to be nursing Joe through injuries, so its only a matter of time, then we have three player vying for the same position as Vaulks is a bit of a greg Halford to me.

We just need point, forget all the fancy dan stuff. I'd go 442 and drop one of the non ball playing centre halfs for another midfielder. but it will be the back 3, NG and Giles, Pack Ralls and Bacuna, Harris and Moore
llan bluebird

Postby NPCF3 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:47 pm

I'd think of Bagan playing as the left-sided CB. We need a left footed defender in this system.
NPCF3

Return to General Chat