Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve Morison looks at the positives Bluebirds boss Morison

Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:11 am

Steve Morison looks at the positives

Bluebirds boss Morison picked out the positives from their 1-0 defeat to Hull City on Wednesday.

It was a frustrating night for the home supporters, who made their feelings known and half-time and full time.

Morison admitted he couldn't understand the fans' response but was keen to stress the improvement in Cardiff's "process" going forward.

STEVE MORISON:

"Our energy levels, intensity, front foot, it was much better in the second half," he said.

"We created more chances, but it’s a night where we’ve lost a game of football, so from a positives point of view it’s a case of I’m asking them to do what I want them to do.”

“It’s a process and the lads will get better at it, we just need to make sure that we keep improving and not get caught up in the position we are in the table - just keep believing, they are really good players and we will get out of this.”

“Many of our younger players have been pushed straight in to the first team due to our small squad and many will find it a hell of a difference to what they are us to.”

“Some will make it, some won’t, but let’s all get behind them, we are all in this together.”

“It might be frustrating for people watching at times, especially when we’re behind because they want us to get it forward, but they have to understand that often when there’s that moment of frustration we come out the other side.”

“Please back us and be patient, our away support is behind us and we want it to be the same at the Cardiff City stadium.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Steve Morison looks at the positives Bluebirds boss Mor

Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:03 am

Cracking bit of misdirection there. Its not the kids, we are incredibly proud of them. A lot of them come from our communities or have been with us for years. When they don't cock up we generally give them MoM on here. Isaak Davies didn't do anything more than Moore but he is joint top in the poll for Wednesdays game. Davies, Evans, Colwill, Bowen, Bagan ,King, there is a lot of credit in the bank for those young men.

Its the seniors pro's or the tactics and the situation we find ourselves in that mean we always seem to have to play Pack, Bacuna or Vaulks. I have always maintained that Ralls is a top end championship midfielder and he will have no difficulty finding a similar or bigger club than us next season if he doesn't stay.

Steve, Do we really need to play 3 centre halfs when the two oldest are slow and turn like oil tankers, one is a great athlete but a shit footballer and the spare has barely started 10 senior games in his career. Perry is not really a modern wingback,he is an old school full back. He is a bit like Ben Davies I eventually seeing on the right side of a three.

Assuming you are stuck on 532, that when done properly is 343 you and your predecessor insist on playing a converted defensive midfielder as the third forward thus hindering the team. At home surely Harris is more effective in that position than Bacuna ?

Re: Steve Morison looks at the positives Bluebirds boss Mor

Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:19 am

If we are going to vent our frustrations its important to make sure its directed at the right people.In this the manager and the kids he is playing are blameless. Alot of the senior players are now playing under their third manager in a very short time and their performances the other night reminded me of when it was all going wrong both under McCarthy and Harris and I feel a change of scenery is the answer for a lot of senior players with the exception of Ralls.