Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ HONEST VIEW / THE TRUTH HURTS “

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:35 am

If it was not for Derby minus 12pts we would be in the bottom 3.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:39 am

There’s definitely a lack of confidence. Quality I’m not sure. Giles is better than he showed last night but is lacking confidence.
Ralls has proven to be quality. Pack last season in the run showed his quality. Ng, Nelson, Moore have all shown their quality and been better than they showed last night.

However confidence is massive. We need a win and once we get that we will improve quickly I think. Colwill and Evans (the two youngsters who played) both looked tidy yesterday. Definite potential.

We need to stick with Morison as I really think he will bring that confidence back and could be a long term option,

Reason for crowd yesterday. Lack of success. It’s not new for us to have low crowds when struggling in the championship.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:25 pm

At the moment, it doesn’t matter who the manager is.
Too many below or bang average players .
We need investment and to bring in half a dozen proven championship players to give the squad depth .

Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Let’s concentrate on the team - the constant sniping at the owner and board has been done to death on here.

I’m not confident that we can stay up without further investment in January. The trouble is that Moore is only worth £1m tops and what can we get for that? Do we know whether we have recall clauses for Wintle and Whyte?

We need an “old head” midfield player to bring on the youngsters and dictate the play. Someone like McGeady at Sunderland or Bannan from Sheffield Wednesday. But even at their age they are going to cost.

I’m more positive than most on here, and a part of me thinks that it won’t be a disaster if we get relegated to League One for a season. Southampton, Leicester, Sheffield United, Norwich are all clubs who have had a season at that level before recovering. But it’s a gamble ( look at Sunderland).

But with the right investment ( albeit at a low level) I believe that we can still stay up this year.

The team is run by the owner , the blame lies right at the Top, so let’s not pretend otherwise and be honest with ourselves.

Was a Committee not formed 5 years ago abd they said they were totally responsible for everything?

Let’s be honest and NO MORE BULLSHIT.

Sadly we are in deep shit.

What’s their to be positive about??

Yes we have some amazing youngsters coming through :bluebird: :bluebird: But they could go down hill with all these results and No real quality around them.

I am a massive fan of Steve Morison :thumbright: but he can only do so much.

I think it's wrong to say let's be honest, followed by no more bullshit Annis, you say all are entitled to an opinion, yet those of us who think we will stay up(by whatever margin) are accused of talking bullshit??

A fair few alluded to the fact that changes wont be immediate, or overnight, even yourself said,you felt like it was the start of a new era,like the past was behind us, but one defeat in, all has reverted back to the usual bashing of the hierarchy on here? We have a very good midfield player insingle, yet it was MM was given the choices, on who to loan, and let go!! I believe he clocked up on most decisions relating to that! I will say there has been improvements in just 2 games so far,and if it continues to go that way, I truly believe we will survive this season.
Whilst I cannot say like you, I am a massive fan of morison,as he has only had 2 games, I believe he can do the job for us, whether till january,or further, but will need time, fortunately there are plenty of games to come, so I'm behind him , just let's see what develops on that score, before saying im a massive fan tbh, as he is very unproven at manager level, let's hope he does really well, and he gets the job till at least end of season.CCFC!!

Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I hope Morison gets until the end of the season.

We played good football tonight. It was just a lack of quality that stopped us from getting anything out of the game.

The reality is that unless we bring in at least two good signings in January, we will be at serious risk of going down.

Bit of an understatement.
If possible the following have no place in a championship team:
Ng, Nelson, Morrison (he’s gone backwards), Vaulks, Bacuna, Collins.

We need a decent RB. Ditch the back 5 - away teams get their goal which should mean bring on an extra midfielder as why do we still need 3 CBs? Vaulks is beyond bad as is Bacuna.

Why not bring back Whyte? Wintle is a no brainier surely to come back

Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:12 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Let’s concentrate on the team - the constant sniping at the owner and board has been done to death on here.

I’m not confident that we can stay up without further investment in January. The trouble is that Moore is only worth £1m tops and what can we get for that? Do we know whether we have recall clauses for Wintle and Whyte?

We need an “old head” midfield player to bring on the youngsters and dictate the play. Someone like McGeady at Sunderland or Bannan from Sheffield Wednesday. But even at their age they are going to cost.

I’m more positive than most on here, and a part of me thinks that it won’t be a disaster if we get relegated to League One for a season. Southampton, Leicester, Sheffield United, Norwich are all clubs who have had a season at that level before recovering. But it’s a gamble ( look at Sunderland).

But with the right investment ( albeit at a low level) I believe that we can still stay up this year.

The team is run by the owner , the blame lies right at the Top, so let’s not pretend otherwise and be honest with ourselves.

Was a Committee not formed 5 years ago abd they said they were totally responsible for everything?

Yes we have some amazing youngsters coming through :bluebird: :bluebird: But they could go down hill with all these results and No real quality around them.

I think it's wrong to say let's be honest, followed by no more bullshit Annis, you say all are entitled to an opinion, yet those of us who think we will stay up(by whatever margin) are accused of talking bullshit??

A fair few alluded to the fact that changes wont be immediate, or overnight, even yourself said,you felt like it was the start of a new era,like the past was behind us, but one defeat in, all has reverted back to the usual bashing of the hierarchy on here? We have a very good midfield player insingle, yet it was MM was given the choices, on who to loan, and let go!! I believe he clocked up on most decisions relating to that! I will say there has been improvements in just 2 games so far,and if it continues to go that way, I truly believe we will survive this season.
Whilst I cannot say like you, I am a massive fan of morison,as he has only had 2 games, I believe he can do the job for us, whether till january,or further, but will need time, fortunately there are plenty of games to come, so I'm behind him , just let's see what develops on that score, before saying im a massive fan tbh, as he is very unproven at manager level, let's hope he does really well, and he gets the job till at least end of season.CCFC!!

NO , You said let’s concentrate on the team , well the team belongs to Tan / The Committee and were once again trying to take the blame away from the Top, by changing the subject as usual.

We can talk or discuss about who we want, when we want and so can you, but don’t tell people virtually not to, that’s all I am saying .

In any business or organisation the buck stops with the top as it should do.

I am not a massive fan of Morison, I just want to see him given a chance, as I think he deserves it going by his record with our younger players.

No one knows how he will do?

Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:23 pm

We all agree to that but doubt it will happen as we have been told we got no money but with a little investment at the beginning of the season would have helped but if they give Morrison the Job and let him sign a few players with a bit of experience to help the team and help these youngsters as if they fail and go down their confidence will be shot

Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:12 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:13 games, 1 win, 9 games without scoring, that just says it all :cry: :cry:

1 point from the last 30.

No manager is going to save us this season from going down. Like it or not there is only one person that has put us in this situation and that is Tan with his instance of bringing in the U23's, the more the better as far as he is concerned. We know why as well.

What makes me laugh is how he tried to claim the accolade of everyone when he gave Malky money to get us to the Premier. I wonder if he is going to take the responsibility if we go down?

As he took the accolades when we went up of course he has to take the blame when it goes pear shaped. As it clearly is.

NO ONE IS SAYING OTHERWISE.

However, as usual there is a shit load of hypocrisy by blaming Tan when it is going wrong but won’t give him credit when it went well.

That’s the only disparity on display. #agenda

If we go down Tan is to blame. He is the man who employs people to look after the club.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:16 pm

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:17 pm

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Replies FB:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:57 pm

The fear is, if we have talent coming through, they'll be worth something, so won't be here long.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:14 pm

new generation of football fans.. don’t like it unless we are winking or going for promotion.
too many lamar he’s on tv, people rather watch premiership plastic teams rather than go and watch a cardiff team that is under performing and in a relegation battle.
now is the time when we will see the true Cardiff fans.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:48 pm

If relegated, Tan must sell up and we go again with a new owner who is ambitious and prepared to invest time and effort. :bluescarf:

Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:01 am

I agree, losing 10 attacking players and not replacing them? If we go down, and I think we might just be saved by so many clubs getting points docked, then surely it’s time for Tan to step aside. We can’t be worth much in league 1 anyway and if he keeps banging on about getting his money back that’s never going to happen is it? Abject failure on how to run a club

Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:26 am

I can tell you now Tan has had three offers now to sell, so if he turns this one down, he can’t moan about putting any money in to our club.

He has NO interest or care for our Club, so please just leave now as we are heading only one way down :cry:

Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:I can tell you now Tan has had three offers now to sell, so if he turns this one down, he can’t moan about putting any money in to our club.

He has NO interest or care for our Club, so please just leave now as we are heading only one way down :cry:

Are you suggesting that there is a NEW offer on the table now? From one of the two previous parties or a different party?

Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:42 am

Danny Says wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I hope Morison gets until the end of the season.

We played good football tonight. It was just a lack of quality that stopped us from getting anything out of the game.

The reality is that unless we bring in at least two good signings in January, we will be at serious risk of going down.

Bit of an understatement.
If possible the following have no place in a championship team:
Ng, Nelson, Morrison (he’s gone backwards), Vaulks, Bacuna, Collins.

We need a decent RB. Ditch the back 5 - away teams get their goal which should mean bring on an extra midfielder as why do we still need 3 CBs? Vaulks is beyond bad as is Bacuna.

Why not bring back Whyte? Wintle is a no brainier surely to come back

All of the above are/have been established championship players with the expecting of NG. Collins got plenty of goals for Luton, but has looked completely out of sorts here.

A big part of the issue is the way we have been set up and like you say we’ve been far too defensive, without being able to defend. Mick totally isolated Kieffer and he never had anyone around him or ahead of him.

Even against QPR at 1-0 down with 15 minutes to play, why do we still have 3 CBs on heh pitch and only used 2 subs?

We can’t defend, so the term ‘best form of defence is attack’ has never been more true. We blitzed Stoke for 20 minutes on Saturday with a high press and getting bodies forward, in behind etc.

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:13 am

STEVE MORISON: "THE TABLE DOESN'T LIE NOW AND IT WONT LIE AT THE END OF THE SEASON."

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:14 am

Blue78 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I can tell you now Tan has had three offers now to sell, so if he turns this one down, he can’t moan about putting any money in to our club.

Are you suggesting that there is a NEW offer on the table now? From one of the two previous parties or a different party?

Hmmmm? I am interesting in seeing when Dalman will publicly tell everyone :thumbright:

It took Dalman at least 6 months last time to publicly admit they had received two offers in the last year.

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

NO , You said let’s concentrate on the team , well the team belongs to Tan / The Committee and were once again trying to take the blame away from the Top, by changing the subject as usual.

We can talk or discuss about who we want, when we want and so can you, but don’t tell people virtually not to, that’s all I am saying .

In any business or organisation the buck stops with the top as it should do.

I am not a massive fan of Morison, I just want to see him given a chance, as I think he deserves it going by his record with our younger players.

No one knows how he will do?

STEVE MORISON: "THE TABLE DOESN'T LIE NOW AND IT WONT LIE AT THE END OF THE SEASON."