Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ HONEST VIEW / THE TRUTH HURTS “

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:28 pm

Honest View:

The real quality is not their in the squad and despite puppet McCARTHY saying squad , big full of quality etc etc etc and previous puppet Harris saying the same that’s the honest truth.

So I feel big time for Steve Morison as yes we have a couple of great kids coming through , BUT we def don’t have 10 as Tan & Co are trying to make out as the league position does not lie or results . A sad fact.

The crowd 16,882 announced, but actual attendance nearer 12,000-13,000 :cry: :cry:

13 games, 1 win, 9 games without scoring :cry:

1pt from our last 30 available :cry:

CARDIFF CITY’S WORST EVER RUN OF RESULTS IN THEIR 122 YEAR HISTORY :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013 Away Support ( 492)

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,440)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,668) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,277)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City 0 A.F.C. Bournemouth 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 19,090 Away Support (1,452)

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers 5 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 11,670 Away (940) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Sep 28 Cardiff City 0 West Bromwich Albion 4 Crowd 17,363 Away Support 1,680 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Oct 2 Cardiff City 0 Reading 1 :cry: :cry: :cry: Crowd 18,400 Away Support ( 1,560)

Sunday 17th October Swansea City 3 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: :cry: (Sky Sports) £30,000 for Cardiff City Crowd Away Support (1,474)

Wednesday 20th October Fulham 2 Cardiff City 0 :cry: –Crowd 15,789 Away ( 870 )

Sat 23rd October Cardiff City 0 Middlesbrough 2 :cry: :cry: – 12:30pm, (Sky Sports) £150,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright: :bluebird:

New Manager Steve Morison :bluebird:

Sat Oct 30 Stoke City 3 Cardiff City 3 :bluebird: :bluebird: Crowd 21,413. Away Support ( 920 ) :bluebird:

Wed Nov 3 Cardiff City 0 Queens Park Rangers 1 Crowd 16,882 :cry: :cry: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ HONEST VIEW / THE TRUTH HURTS “

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:31 pm

If I am wrong as the Tan followers usually say, WHY IS CARDIFF CITY STADIUM SO EMPTY ??!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:33 pm

I tnk we have massively under performed and this was due to mick having no plan b. The players proved tonight they can play football. If mick wasn't allowed to ruin the squad for as long as he did and not get sacked earlier like he should I am confident we would be mid table.

However morison I like what he has done in such a short space of time and deserves longer to see this through with a small budget to help him in Jan. If we can survive this season then all the youngsters will be better for it next season. Steve Morison for manager
Last edited by boyo1927 on Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:34 pm

I hope Morison gets until the end of the season.

We played good football tonight. It was just a lack of quality that stopped us from getting anything out of the game.

The reality is that unless we bring in at least two good signings in January, we will be at serious risk of going down. That would be the case whoever the manager is. Ferguson, Guardiola or Klopp wouldn't keep this current squad in the Championship.

I don't think we'll see much investment in the playing squad in January and unfortunately, I also don't think they'll give the job to Morison.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I think fans should be preparing for League One next season.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:46 pm

We aren't good enough, we played much better tonight,I think morison needs more time but we have got to get some players in January particularly midfield if that means selling Moore so be it.
Noticed aswell we'll be in bottom 3 Saturday unless we win as Barnsley and Hull play each other :cry:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:05 am

Quite frankly the whole setup at City is a shambles, an embarrassment, and a monumental Cockup, that has been engineered by the higher echelons at our club over a period of time.
Would you entrust a system that got into this situation, to then rectify things?

Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:09 am

:(

Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:07 am

I just don't get it!! Last game it was"we have turned a corner, new era " etc etc, now after losing its all doom and gloom again?, I will never say we are going down, until it's mathematical impossibility.

Wintle has been playing really well for blackpool, getting rave reviews from fans,so I hope we bring him back in January for one, I am not a big fan of whyte, but believe he should be brought back too, as for Murphy, well he is injured, so guess we will be picking up his full wage bill from Jan, as Preston won't want to keep him.I still see improvement, be it only two games in, but if I'm to be honest, we could add another two starters to the squad in january, and that would definitely see ipus staying up, just my opinion, so no need for shooting me down, if you feel differently, just state yours. :old: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:14 am

bluesince62 wrote:I just don't get it!! Last game it was"we have turned a corner, new era " etc etc, now after losing its all doom and gloom again?, I will never say we are going down, until it's mathematical impossibility.

Wintle has been playing really well for blackpool, getting rave reviews from fans,so I hope we bring him back in January for one, I am not a big fan of whyte, but believe he should be brought back too, as for Murphy, well he is injured, so guess we will be picking up his full wage bill from Jan, as Preston won't want to keep him.I still see improvement, be it only two games in, but if I'm to be honest, we could add another two starters to the squad in january, and that would definitely see ipus staying up, just my opinion, so no need for shooting me down, if you feel differently, just state yours. :old: :bluebird:

We have the fight thanks to Morison :thumbright: :bluebird: , But the reality is we have not got the strength and quality in the squad we have to be honest weakest squad for years. We are trying to build a Championship squad on freebies and many players not good enough for the Championship.

So yes it was fantastic to see the fight back at Stoke , but it won’t matter who manages us this squad is not good enough.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:24 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Quite frankly the whole setup at City is a shambles, an embarrassment, and a monumental Cockup, that has been engineered by the higher echelons at our club over a period of time.
Would you entrust a system that got into this situation, to then rectify things?

Rick,

You are so spot on and I warned in July I feared for us.
This is mismanagement from the whole top if our club and we ware now suffering badly for it and attendances will show that and the league position does not lie.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:36 am

Sadly you are not wrong Annis and how anyone can love Tan now after the last few years then we are really doomed.

Tann from the beginning bought us as a toy.

Malky said the first season he was here he never heard or seen him no interference at all let him get on with it but we got tot the league cup final against Liverpool and he came and thought I can be the next great thing in football.

He changed our colour he did pout money in but ruined that season when we finally got the dream of getting in the premiership because we were red when we got promoted he walked around that pitch like he was god but he could see the supporters loved Malky.

What happened the following season was when I finished with Tann he sacked Malky and we have heard all the bollox that came with that but the basic truth was he was jealous of Malky he had an interview and he stated I got the team promoted not Malky that showed he was full of himself.

I was finished with Tan from then and well what has happened since is just worse he has stripped our club and sadly we are now a very low championship side who will be lucky to not to get relegated.

Why I say that is I thought last night we tried our best with what we got, at times we played some good football and you can see the promise there for the future especially with Morrison at the wheel but as you said Annis we havent got the talent such a shame as they deserved a point at least last night and all the players tried

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:44 am

valleyrambill wrote:Sadly you are not wrong Annis and how anyone can love Tan now after the last few years then we are really doomed.

Tann from the beginning bought us as a toy.

Malky said the first season he was here he never heard or seen him no interference at all let him get on with it but we got tot the league cup final against Liverpool and he came and thought I can be the next great thing in football.

He changed our colour he did pout money in but ruined that season when we finally got the dream of getting in the premiership because we were red when we got promoted he walked around that pitch like he was god but he could see the supporters loved Malky.

What happened the following season was when I finished with Tann he sacked Malky and we have heard all the bollox that came with that but the basic truth was he was jealous of Malky he had an interview and he stated I got the team promoted not Malky that showed he was full of himself.

I was finished with Tan from then and well what has happened since is just worse he has stripped our club and sadly we are now a very low championship side who will be lucky to not to get relegated.

Why I say that is I thought last night we tried our best with what we got, at times we played some good football and you can see the promise there for the future especially with Morrison at the wheel but as you said Annis we havent got the talent such a shame as they deserved a point at least last night and all the players tried

Sadly you are so spot on.

Even the good years on the pitch Tan ruined with the rebrand, interfering with managers , court cases and virtually distancing himself from Our club. Hires a CEO who thinks it’s a joke and both him and the Chairman run his businesses in London.

We have some real talent finally coming through, but sadly they are surrounded with a squad No where good enough to do well in the Championship, and we are being told nothing but pure shite all the time.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:46 am

13 games, 1 win, 9 games without scoring, that just says it all :cry: :cry:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:53 am

its not going to get any better this year as the window is shut

Lets just hope we are not too far adrift come January

All we are doing is moving the same dross around the pitch :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:04 am

For first time this season , I felt we are one of the three who will go down .....not enough quality where it matters.
Not to score in the first half of any league game is an absolute embarrassment.
Even looking for positives with performances getting better , still we can’t keep a clean sheet or score .
Chickens coming home to roost I’m afraid ....stripping the squad and this is what we end up with .

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:13 games, 1 win, 9 games without scoring, that just says it all :cry: :cry:

1 point from the last 30.

No manager is going to save us this season from going down. Like it or not there is only one person that has put us in this situation and that is Tan with his instance of bringing in the U23's, the more the better as far as he is concerned. We know why as well.

What makes me laugh is how he tried to claim the accolade of everyone when he gave Malky money to get us to the Premier. I wonder if he is going to take the responsibility if we go down?

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:17 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:13 games, 1 win, 9 games without scoring, that just says it all :cry: :cry:

No manager is going to save us this season from going down. Like it or not there is only one person that has put us in this situation and that is Tan with his instance of bringing in the U23's, the more the better as far as he is concerned. We know why as well.

What makes me laugh is how he tried to claim the accolade of everyone when he gave Malky money to get us to the Premier. I wonder if he is going to take the responsibility if we go down?

Wow 1pt.

Tan , Ian is forcing in many players that are not good enough and for him as long as they are cheap they are in the squad.
Many of this squad are league 1 players or players that should be surrounded with better quality to make them better.

We are in this position due to the CCFC Committee end off.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Wow 1pt.

Tan , Ian is forcing in many players that are not good enough and for him as long as they are cheap they are in the squad.
Many of this squad are league 1 players or players that should be surrounded with better quality to make them better.

Yes but the CCFC committee take their orders from Tan. Have you noticed of late how Dalman has pointed the finger at Tan. How he has come out with such statements where previous managers have gone straight to Tan and not him first. Its your typical car salesman coming out with the excuses to blame someone else.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:28 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Wow 1pt.

Yes but the CCFC committee take their orders from Tan. Have you noticed of late how Dalman has pointed the finger at Tan. How he has come out with such statements where previous managers have gone straight to Tan and not him first. Its your typical car salesman coming out with the excuses to blame someone else.

Ian,

Yes Dalman has certainly turned and said their is only one person who really makes the decisions Tan.

All ex managers and so many ex players that I have spoken to or read have nothing good to say about them.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Wow 1pt.

Ian,

Yes Dalman has certainly turned and said their is only one person who really makes the decisions Tan.

All ex managers and so many ex players that I have spoken to or read have nothing good to say about them.

Well in fairness, Warnock regularly praised Dalman and he even praised him recently too. Warnock said that Dalman was the best chairman he ever had.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:14 am

JJBlueDraggon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Wow 1pt.

Ian,

Well in fairness, Warnock regularly praised Dalman and he even praised him recently too. Warnock said that Dalman was the best chairman he ever had.

Was this before or after Dalman claimed Warnock went over his head?

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:44 am

Let’s concentrate on the team - the constant sniping at the owner and board has been done to death on here.

I’m not confident that we can stay up without further investment in January. The trouble is that Moore is only worth £1m tops and what can we get for that? Do we know whether we have recall clauses for Wintle and Whyte?

We need an “old head” midfield player to bring on the youngsters and dictate the play. Someone like McGeady at Sunderland or Bannan from Sheffield Wednesday. But even at their age they are going to cost.

I’m more positive than most on here, and a part of me thinks that it won’t be a disaster if we get relegated to League One for a season. Southampton, Leicester, Sheffield United, Norwich are all clubs who have had a season at that level before recovering. But it’s a gamble ( look at Sunderland).

But with the right investment ( albeit at a low level) I believe that we can still stay up this year.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:54 am

bluebird58 wrote:Let’s concentrate on the team - the constant sniping at the owner and board has been done to death on here.

I’m not confident that we can stay up without further investment in January. The trouble is that Moore is only worth £1m tops and what can we get for that? Do we know whether we have recall clauses for Wintle and Whyte?

We need an “old head” midfield player to bring on the youngsters and dictate the play. Someone like McGeady at Sunderland or Bannan from Sheffield Wednesday. But even at their age they are going to cost.

I’m more positive than most on here, and a part of me thinks that it won’t be a disaster if we get relegated to League One for a season. Southampton, Leicester, Sheffield United, Norwich are all clubs who have had a season at that level before recovering. But it’s a gamble ( look at Sunderland).

But with the right investment ( albeit at a low level) I believe that we can still stay up this year.

The team is run by the owner , the blame lies right at the Top, so let’s not pretend otherwise and be honest with ourselves.

Was a Committee not formed 5 years ago abd they said they were totally responsible for everything?

Let’s be honest and NO MORE BULLSHIT.

Sadly we are in deep shit.

What’s their to be positive about??

Yes we have some amazing youngsters coming through :bluebird: :bluebird: But they could go down hill with all these results and No real quality around them.

I am a massive fan of Steve Morison :thumbright: but he can only do so much.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:55 am

Well my personal opinion is we will not be relegated. This team is good enough to stay in the championship and the last 2 games have shown promise. Its not going to happen overnight but the confidence is building.
We were very unlucky last night and 100% we will get our home win on Saturday v Huddersfield.
The team is not a top of the championship one but is a mid table team. Roughly 30 games remain..90 points and we need roughly 10 wins to stay in the league not taking into account Reading and Derby point deductions.

Keep the faith....it will come good soon enough.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:56 am

Replies FB:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:57 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Well my personal opinion is we will not be relegated. This team is good enough to stay in the championship and the last 2 games have shown promise. Its not going to happen overnight but the confidence is building.
We were very unlucky last night and 100% we will get our home win on Saturday v Huddersfield.
The team is not a top of the championship one but is a mid table team. Roughly 30 games remain..90 points and we need roughly 10 wins to stay in the league not taking into account Reading and Derby point deductions.

I stand by this, the best hope of staying up is give the job to Steve Morison at least until Xmas :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Well my personal opinion is we will not be relegated. This team is good enough to stay in the championship and the last 2 games have shown promise. Its not going to happen overnight but the confidence is building.

I stand by this, the best hope of staying up is give the job to Steve Morison at least until Xmas :thumbright: :bluebird:

Agreed, unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat like Wilder (ain’t happening!!) the I can see massive progression in less than 2 weeks of Morison.

First time I enjoyed the football in ages last, despite the result.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:21 am

Twitter:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:21 am

Reply FB:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:22 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agreed, unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat like Wilder (ain’t happening!!) the I can see massive progression in less than 2 weeks of Morison.

First time I enjoyed the football in ages last, despite the result.

100% agree with you :thumbright: :thumbright: