Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MICK McCARTHY SPEAKS TO TAN / DALMAN & CHOO

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:13 am

It was agreed that MICK McCarthy would get the chance to turn this dismal run around after the South Wales derby defeat with games against the Cottagers and Neil Warnock's Middlesbrough on Saturday.

MICK McCARTHY:

With Wednesday's defeat sinking Cardiff down to 21st in the Championship table, it all looks very bleak at the minute. But McCarthy knows the score. All he can do, he said, was keep turning up and preparing his troops for Boro this weekend.

"It leaves me on the back end of a really horrible run of results," he said when asked where this defeat leaves him.

"And if football is true to its usual stuff then we know what happens.

"I came in on the back of a defeat by Swansea, we've certainly had a much better performance, and I'll be doing exactly the same for Middlesbrough unless I'm told different.

"I can’t do any more than what I’m doing. I certainly can’t try harder than I am. TC and I are giving it everything."

McCarthy has spoken about meetings with CEO Ken Choo Tan and chairman Mehmet Dalman, but when asked whether he had been in talks with owner Vincent Tan, he replied: "I've had two or three conversations with Vincent, yes, but you will appreciate that, the fact that I've had them, I'm not going to tell you what was said."

It's understandable that this awful run of form has had an impact on the manager off the pitch, too.

McCarthy, though, said he has everyone behind him and rooting for him to spark some sort of upsurge in fortunes in the coming days.

"Everyone who asks me how I'm doing, I say, 'Great, my family are well, everything is fine except football results'," the manager said.

"Unfortunately for me, 90 percent of my life is football and football results, so you can tell how I'm feeling.

"Thankfully, I've got a really good support network with my wife, Fiona, and everyone else behind me. And the staff and the players, they proved that today.

"I was asked at the weekend if they had stopped playing for me, if I'd lost the dressing room, which I think is ridiculous, and that tonight showed I certainly haven't.

"But I feel pretty lousy because I don't like getting beaten."

The Fulham performance at least provided some encouragement, the first half certainly.

On the game, McCarthy said: "It was a vast improvement on performance. The players know that as well.

"If we perform like that against other teams, we’ll win games but I’m afraid Fulham were too good and too strong for us.

"In terms of having a go and their effort, I can’t criticise that at all. It was a much better performance."

A highlight for many was the performance of Rubin Colwill, who shone on he left-hand side for much of the game.

He was replaced by Kieron Evans, who also had his best game in a City shirt.

McCarthy praised the impact the youngsters had at Craven Cottage, but knows more must be done if they are to dig themselves out of this dreadful mire they find themselves in.

"We know Rubin has been in and everyone loves him, that was his best performance since Nottingham Forest, he grew into that," McCarthy said.

"And Kieron Evans, I was delighted with his performance.

"There are some really good young players at the club coming through. Sam Bowen I thought had a decent game, up against a really good player, [Jean Michael] Seri. And I think there's Eli King coming through and other bodies.

"There are good younguns, but we need some soldiers at the minute to get a result from somewhere."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MICK McCARTHY SPEAKS TO TAN / DALMAN & CHOO

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:14 am

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:22 am

“ 9 DEFEATS IN LAST 10 GAMES “

7 Consecutive defeats / 1 goal in 600 mins of football

Worst Cardiff run since 1933 :cry: :cry:

“ Tan / McCarthy “

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013 Away Support ( 492)

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,440)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,668) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,277)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City 0 A.F.C. Bournemouth 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 19,090 Away Support (1,452)

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers 5 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 11,670 Away (940) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Sep 28 Cardiff City 0 West Bromwich Albion 4 Crowd 17,363 Away Support 1,680 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Oct 2 Cardiff City 0 Reading 1 :cry: :cry: :cry: Crowd 18,400 Away Support ( 1,560)

Sunday 17th October Swansea City 3 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: :cry: (Sky Sports) £30,000 for Cardiff City Crowd Away Support (1,474)

Fulham 2 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 15,789 :cry: –Wednesday 20th October

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:01 am

Vast improvement??

Is that what we are settling for now and 2-0 defeat is an improvement??

We lost to the Jacks because of poor tactics, poor team selection and the players bottling it on the day

MM needs to go immediately and Choo and Dalman need to do their jobs better or go as well

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:19 am

Earth to MM there is ONE reason and one reason alone that last night was Rubin Colwill best performance since Forest, YOUR THE REASON, by picking the massively ineffective Bacuna in a role he is incapable of playing ahead of Rubin game after game.

It's not the only reason and the Owner, Board , Committee together with McCarthy MUST take huge responsibility for the summer transfer policy which has left the manager without a squad capable of maintaining our Championship status. Add to that MM wet dream tactic of playing 8 defensive minded players it's little wonder we are, without the point deduction for Derby, in the bottom 3 of the Championship.

BIG decisions need to be taken quickly firstly by saying thanks but no thanks to MM and get a new manager in. Then he must be allowed to sign more players in January loan or free transfers whatever he needs. If he wants any of our players loaned out recalled then add that to the mix.

After watching the City for nearly 60 years I know when a manager says last night was a MASSIVE improvement despite losing you REALLY are in trouble.

It's time to act Mr Tan so over to you.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:05 am

The big definite about all this is MM has lost the fan base and if he hold out for a payoff he is going to be a despised individual here. A moral question was asked here and the moral answer is he should walk as he accepted a mission knowing what he was getting but he is failing big time. Like Harris he will leave and go into oblivion.

"I can’t do any more than what Im doing" dead man walking sp

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:25 am

"I can’t do any more than what I’m doing. I certainly can’t try harder than I am. TC and I are giving it everything."

That's BS - he should be doing that every game when he's on 90k a month. His job is simple - try not to lose each game of football.

The problem for him now - is that comments like the one above and the oythers he has made makes him sound resigned to the fact he'll be leaving soon. If we dont get a result against Boro we will be in the bottom 3. And if thinks he's trying his hardest now - it will be a different kettle of fish when youre in the relegation dog fight.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:Updated:

We’d be in bottom 3 if Derby hadn’t been deducted points

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 am

And if we get a win against a very average Borough side, will the board reset the counter and allow him to lose the next 7 :banghead:

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:40 am

castleblue wrote:Earth to MM there is ONE reason and one reason alone that last night was Rubin Colwill best performance since Forest, YOUR THE REASON, by picking the massively ineffective Bacuna in a role he is incapable of playing ahead of Rubin game after game.

It's not the only reason and the Owner, Board , Committee together with McCarthy MUST take huge responsibility for the summer transfer policy which has left the manager without a squad capable of maintaining our Championship status. Add to that MM wet dream tactic of playing 8 defensive minded players it's little wonder we are, without the point deduction for Derby, in the bottom 3 of the Championship.

BIG decisions need to be taken quickly firstly by saying thanks but no thanks to MM and get a new manager in. Then he must be allowed to sign more players in January loan or free transfers whatever he needs. If he wants any of our players loaned out recalled then add that to the mix.

After watching the City for nearly 60 years I know when a manager says last night was a MASSIVE improvement despite losing you REALLY are in trouble.

It's time to act Mr Tan so over to you.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:thumbup:

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:56 am

Northwalesblues wrote:And if we get a win against a very average Borough side, will the board reset the counter and allow him to lose the next 7 :banghead:

This is my fear. If we get a draw or win against Borough. McCarthy will spout a load of we have turned a corner bull and the board will not have to make a decision. I hate Cardiff losing,though strangely have become used to it recently, but it would be best in the medium to long term if we lost to Borough. Oddly our fate is in the hands of Neil Warnock.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:48 am

by Crayfish » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:56 am

Northwalesblues wrote:
And if we get a win against a very average Borough side, will the board reset the counter and allow him to lose the next 7 :banghead:

This is my fear. If we get a draw or win against Borough. McCarthy will spout a load of we have turned a corner bull and the board will not have to make a decision. I hate Cardiff losing,though strangely have become used to it recently, but it would be best in the medium to long term if we lost to Borough. Oddly our fate is in the hands of Neil Warnock.

If the Board have any sense the result could almost be secondary to the performance - scraping a win, but playing rubbish still wouldn't do it for me. They need to show that we can be very hard to score against and that we can actually bring our strikers into the game.