MY VIEW: FULHAM V CARDIFF CITY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:46 pm

A game few will have given us a real chance in turned out to be one of our better performances after the underfire Mick McCarthy made sweeping changes that included leaving out skipper Sean Morrison

A bright start saw both teams attack and either side coming close to the lead in a frenetic first half

Fulham initially appeared a little shell-shocked by the upbeat Bluebirds and took time to settle

HALF-TIME SCORE: FULHAM 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY

The second half started well but City did, uhm a City and some slack defending allowed Fulham the opening goal

City huffed and puffed but started to look a little jaded fir a whike and soon enough the marauding Mitrovic made it 2 - 0

At least he didn't do the 'Swim Away'

Still chances at bothbends but Fulham looked pretty comfortable to me and held out for the 3 points

FINAL SCORE: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY

So where does this leave us...?

For me, the improved performance only papered over a few cracks and the main issues remain, i.e. lack of confidence and quality in front of (or anywhere near) goal and a defence who switch off at crucial moments

Mick McCarthy's fault? Maybe, maybe not; but he is the man in charge and he has now taken City on a run few woukd have predicted and must take responsibility

The next few days are apparently going to be telling and the home game versus Neil Warnock's Boro is (or me) going to beva game too far... :cry:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: FULHAM V CARDIFF CITY

Postby montyblue » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:50 pm

Thought we better without nelson and morrison to be frank at the back tbey have been dropping b.ll.cks all season especially nelson and morrison just does' nt look fit
montyblue

Postby BC-CB » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:51 pm

Sven wrote:A game few will have given us a real chance in turned out to be one of our better performances after the underfire Mick McCarthy made sweeping changes that included leaving out skipper Sean Morrison

A bright start saw both teams attack and either side coming close to the lead in a frenetic first half

Fulham initially appeared a little shell-shocked by the upbeat Bluebirds and took time to settle

HALF-TIME SCORE: FULHAM 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY

The second half started well but City did, uhm a City and some slack defending allowed Fulham the opening goal

City huffed and puffed but started to look a little jaded fir a whike and soon enough the marauding Mitrovic made it 2 - 0

At least he didn't do the 'Swim Away'

Still chances at bothbends but Fulham looked pretty comfortable to me and held out for the 3 points

FINAL SCORE: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY

So where does this leave us...?

For me, the improved performance only papered over a few cracks and the main issues remain, i.e. lack of confidence and quality in front of (or anywhere near) goal and a defence who switch off at crucial moments

Mick McCarthy's fault? Maybe, maybe not; but he is the man in charge and he has now taken City on a run few woukd have predicted and must take responsibility

The next few days are apparently going to be telling and the home game versus Neil Warnock's Boro is (or me) going to beva game too far... :cry:

Huge shock - another defeat and no goal scored and Swansea win again
BC-CB

Postby Sam ReaN » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Would've been better if Brown and McGuinness played at centre back instead of Flint. I always said it leave out Morrison FLINT And Nelson and put youngsters in. So even though they did try for the manager its just men against boys at the end of the day and that proves that we will go down sadly. Then Tan will leave us with no money no ambition lack of management from the board and lack of fans.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby fred keenor » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:05 pm

The summer transfer window was a disaster.
Tan obviously believed the squad could be trimmed and we would stay up.
Heartbreaking to see us on our worst run for 90 years and we here or see no one who matters from the board at any game.
fred keenor

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:16 pm

fred keenor wrote:The summer transfer window was a disaster.
Heartbreaking to see us on our worst run for 90 years and we here or see no one who matters from the board at any game.

100% agree, although there are many on this board who think we had an excellent transfer window.

There's trimming, and there's cutting off the head, arms and legs.

Please tell me another team in the whole of the football league who have got NO WINGERS and who actively looked to, and successfully offloaded the wingers we had
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:16 pm

Is ken a member of board? Hes at most home games and was at Swansea ..... we are lucky some clubs never have any board members at ground
pembroke allan

Postby fred keenor » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Is ken a member of board? Hes at most home games and was at Swansea ..... we are lucky some clubs never have any board members at ground

Be nice to see Dalman, Or Tan, they could see how bad it is
fred keenor

Postby Blue78 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:25 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

100% agree, although there are many on this board who think we had an excellent transfer window.

Please tell me another team in the whole of the football league who have got NO WINGERS and who actively looked to, and successfully offloaded the wingers we had

Nobody thought we had an excellent transfer window - I think you’ve taken some poetic license there!!!

The club trimmed the squad, but surely it is evident that we don’t have wingers, attackers as Mick had no intention of playing them in his ‘defend at all costs’ approach. If they aren’t in his plans, why pay for them.

The negligence of the board is not questioning him on why he wanted to jettison so much of the attacking talent in the face of losing Ojo and Wilson.
Blue78

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:28 pm

fred keenor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Be nice to see Dalman, Or Tan, they could see how bad it is

Fred think they know how bad it is? but somehow they cannot see to do the right thing and sack mick.... getting wilder in would give fans optimism and think board done something right for a change. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:36 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Would've been better if Brown and McGuinness played at centre back instead of Flint. I always said it leave out Morrison FLINT And Nelson and put youngsters in. So even though they did try for the manager its just men against boys at the end of the day and that proves that we will go down sadly. Then Tan will leave us with no money no ambition lack of management from the board and lack of fans.

Sam I've been waiting for this implosion to happen now since the first relegation from the Premier.

I thought I had it wrong when Warnock took us up until I saw the transfers going on. We tried to stay in the Premier with Championship players and although we were unlucky to not survive it felt to me we were about to implode once back in the Championship. The last thing we needed was bad signings and that is what we got.

When Harris came in he started the ball rolling with the youth but to me it was too late and risky as we did not have the quality senior players on board. We should have started this transition when we had the likes of Bellamy, the late Whittington and Hudson around.

Overall we have screwed it up and by the time we stop this rot we are in we could well be in this relegation fight we are all fearing.
Bakedalasker

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:37 pm

Blue78 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Nobody thought we had an excellent transfer window - I think you’ve taken some poetic license there!!!

The club trimmed the squad, but surely it is evident that we don’t have wingers, attackers as Mick had no intention of playing them in his ‘defend at all costs’ approach. If they aren’t in his plans, why pay for them.

The negligence of the board is not questioning him on why he wanted to jettison so much of the attacking talent in the face of losing Ojo and Wilson.

I've asked the question on this MB before and had breakdown by some on here, player by player, that it was anything between good and decent.

There were also those who saw it for what it was.......
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Return to General Chat