Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City contact police, Swansea City and EFL over '

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:29 am

Chill out.. Its a Derby.. They won and rubbed it in.. It happens.we no different to them when we win.. I'm sure shagged by your father had a tune too

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:40 am

castleblue wrote:
Bonner wrote:The Jabk players obviously wanted to ‘win’ those fans over , so did the ‘swim away’, thing is , they probably really hadn’t thought about its’meaning
It’s supporting an act of ‘thuggery’ directed purely towards Cardiff fans.. this in a ‘derby’ game is incitement, our fans could of reacted , badly, very badly.. then for rhiw manager to do it is not on.. definite charge against them by FAW

Nothing to do with the FAW it will be the FA if any charges will be forthcoming. It will be down to reports from the referee and match delegate and as there was no incident following the "Swim Away" gesture I cannot see anything coming of this.

I think our club know this so they have thrown the toys out of the pram and gone to the police. Simple act of deflection by our club who in my opinion need to grow a pair.

so if our fans had reacted and pelted him with coins who would be in trouble then? just because they didn’t react in that way doesn’t make it any more different.

however, they have set their stall out... the return leg should be fun .
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:43 am

I've witnessed Cardiff fans make fun of the Swansea fan who got killed by a police
horse, and now it seems that even though swim away has been sang by Swansea for over 30 years, all of a sudden Cardiff has become very snowflakey.

Cardiff were humiliated at Swansea, both team and fans.
That's football for you, next time it could be Cardiff on top and taking the pee out of Swansea.

It also seems like sour grapes from the club reporting Swansea

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:49 am

Bonner wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Bonner wrote:The Jabk players obviously wanted to ‘win’ those fans over , so did the ‘swim away’, thing is , they probably really hadn’t thought about its’meaning
It’s supporting an act of ‘thuggery’ directed purely towards Cardiff fans.. this in a ‘derby’ game is incitement, our fans could of reacted , badly, very badly.. then for rhiw manager to do it is not on.. definite charge against them by FAW

Nothing to do with the FAW it will be the FA if any charges will be forthcoming. It will be down to reports from the referee and match delegate and as there was no incident following the "Swim Away" gesture I cannot see anything coming of this.

I think our club know this so they have thrown the toys out of the pram and gone to the police. Simple act of deflection by our club who in my opinion need to grow a pair.

so if our fans had reacted and pelted him with coins who would be in trouble then? just because they didn’t react in that way doesn’t make it any more different.

Cardiff fans did throw coins (very hard) into the swans end before the match even started,what's the excuse for that ?

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:11 am

Thomas10 wrote:
Bonner wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Cardiff fans did throw coins (very hard) into the swans end before the match even started,what's the excuse for that ?

Well the difference is that Players and Managemet have a sense of responsibility.
Yes they were playing up to their own fans, and I really don’t think they have a clue what the ‘swim away” is all about- but they acted inappropriately.
Do you know the difference between the “swim away” and the Ayatollah..

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:11 am

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Absolutely pathetic this.

Its like we are throwing are teddies out of our prams. They need to grow some whoever complained about this.

I agree...

Their turn in the sun (for a few days going on tonight's score so far) and not like our support woukdn't do the same...

If only we had a manager who had such a rapport with his club's supporters, eh?

Not to be taken too seriously; unless someone has a highly paid agenda you need to protect, of course! :roll:

Sour grapes and I think we have way way more problems we are involved in already than starting this.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:39 am

The best way to solve this is beat them on the pitch and finish above them in May :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:51 am

Bonner wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Bonner wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Well the difference is that Players and Managemet have a sense of responsibility.
Yes they were playing up to their own fans, and I really don’t think they have a clue what the ‘swim away” is all about- but they acted inappropriately.
Do you know the difference between the “swim away” and the Ayatollah..

I haven't compared Swim away to the ayatollah. Also of course Swansea players know all about what swim away means,and don't forget in 2013 Cardiff captain Mark Hudson chanting in front of Cardiff fans 'you jack b@stards' we're coming for you. Did Hudson get punished ? No he didn't, and the response from Swansea fans was to laugh at him and Swansea certainly didn't report him to the police or FA

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:08 am

as for Mark Hudson, there were headlines about it, swansea not happy.. didn’t laugh it off.. however, what did he actually say that was wrong..?
we l just got promoted, we were coming for you.. you are jacks...
i have no problem with banter, been to the vetch many times 70’s, 80’s, new ground is just not same..
you best is fairly and squarely on the pitch on sunday, better team..
but please , your manager definitely over stepped the mark. but he is young and learning .

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:15 am

Bonner wrote:as for Mark Hudson, there were headlines about it, swansea not happy.. didn’t laugh it off.. however, what did he actually say that was wrong..?
i have no problem with banter, been to the vetch many times 70’s, 80’s, new ground is just not same..
but please , your manager definitely over stepped the mark. but he is young and learning .

Cardiff captain used the word b@stards and that's a fact. Have a look what the Swans captain had to say about it. Don't know what's happening to football fans these days , getting offended at everything.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:19 am

Thomas10 wrote:
Bonner wrote:as for Mark Hudson, there were headlines about it, swansea not happy.. didn’t laugh it off.. however, what did he actually say that was wrong..?

Cardiff captain used the word b@stards and that's a fact. Have a look what the Swans captain had to say about it. Don't know what's happening to football fans these days , getting offended at everything.

he did... i was being polite and not mentioning it.
we will disagree all day on thiis.
Enjoy your win... see you in the return leg

Bluebirds

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:52 pm

Bonner wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:

he did... i was being polite and not mentioning it.
we will disagree all day on thiis.
Enjoy your win... see you in the return leg

Bluebirds

Exactly. If it's ok for a Cardiff captain to call people from Swansea b@stards, it's ok for Swansea's manager and players to perform swim away.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:55 pm

The board deflecting attention away from the total mess we are in on and off the pitch. I frankly couldnt give a monkeys if their player or manager did the gesture, it means nothing at all. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:32 pm

I think your all missing the point to be honest.

The club are mitigating against a possible fine coming our way for the stuff that was thrown from the away end when the said incident happened.

Judging by all the comments on here someone is going to set up a just giving page and we the fans will pay the fine (when/should it come) and will also pay for representation when SAG etc try and reduce our allocation at the next game.

I completely agree that fans moaning about it is pathetic and we should just suck it up and take it on the chin but the clubs situation is totally different and as I said previously we are allready in trouble for the muppetts that ran on the pitch at the Brighton game and why should the club have to pay fines on behalf of our fans behaviour all the time.

The club are actually looking out for us for once or would you rather they just pay the fines and then go after our own fans to recoup it and just accept reduced allocations the next time on the basis our fans can't behave.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:20 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely the swim away was thought up just as a retaliatory gesture to the ayatollah?

The so-called reason for the swim away - did that actually happen? I've always been led to believe it was total fiction.

Rather than trying to press charges against the Swansea player, I would have thought the club better off suing papers/websites for reporting the "reason" for the swim away as fact...

Except for the fact that most of the reports gave probably been cut and pasted from a Cardiff press release...so sadly it seems like there are people at the club prepared to accept that the "reason" is not just fiction.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:43 pm

Don't Sack Mackay wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely the swim away was thought up just as a retaliatory gesture to the ayatollah?

The so-called reason for the swim away - did that actually happen? I've always been led to believe it was total fiction.

Rather than trying to press charges against the Swansea player, I would have thought the club better off suing papers/websites for reporting the "reason" for the swim away as fact...

Except for the fact that most of the reports gave probably been cut and pasted from a Cardiff press release...so sadly it seems like there are people at the club prepared to accept that the "reason" is not just fiction.

It did happen in September 1988, goggle it. It even made the front page of the south Wales evening post.it has got absolutely nothing to do with the ayatollah.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:53 am

Thomas10 wrote:
Don't Sack Mackay wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely the swim away was thought up just as a retaliatory gesture to the ayatollah?

It did happen in September 1988, goggle it. It even made the front page of the south Wales evening post.it has got absolutely nothing to do with the ayatollah.

Correct, I was actually down by the front that night with about 100 Port Talbot & Neath Blues, who stood against about 400 Jacks.
Police eventually came dispersed us all and we all went back to our cars, 10 of the lads with us ranging from 15 yrs old -19yrs old were on their way to their cars when 100's of Jacks chased them down to the sea, where the 10 were run in to the sea, NO Jacks went in, eventually police came and dispersed the Jacks.
That night when the lads returned to the Station Hotel Pub in Port Talbot, we all laughed about it, thought it was quite funny, but to the Jacks they thought it was something big they had finally done to Cardiff :lol: :lol:

Last Sunday i saw women/blokes and kids all doing swim away to us in the streets after the game, most were to young to really know whats its really about and if you ask 99% of the Jacks they would not have a clue.